Home The Bridge
Options

Ash Tyler Is A Pilot

@Shan ,

In the latest episode, it is revealed that Ash Tyler is a talented pilot. Shouldn't that be a trait for him? If he had this trait, it would be helpful in unlocking a specific node (Serious Business CT-6) which requires a very high pilot with security. From what I can gather, the only other person who can crit this node is Aviator Yar. Between This and the previously mentioned Investigator trait being an issue, it makes it difficult to play your game.
F2P/VIP 0 for LIFE!

Comments

• Options
    I second that! I was doing an Away team mission yesterday, and one of the slots required "pilot", so I immediately though, "oh, yeah, Ash is a pilot" bzzzzt! Wrong.

Please fix!!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    This is my last star so I would +1 this. Admiral Riker and Ushaan Archer can also clear this.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • Options
    The skills and traits of the new Discovery crew suffer from DB having to write them in the dark, without having watched any of episode. Almost all of them might use some adjustement.

That said, +1 to this very good suggestion.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    Pilot trait voor Jadzia first please
  • Options
    sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    There are several problem nodes (some of them locked) due to very rare skill + trait combinations. I think we should probably start a thread in Make It So or Engineering to address such nodes in a consolidated place.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have Aviator Yar and I passed that node with Admiral Riker.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    BekkaBekka ✭✭✭
    I don't think this is about passing the node, but about a trait missing from a crew that should be there. Which I agree it should be there, however, that being said...

lets give DB a break on this one, it wasn't until the last episode that it showed him as a Pilot and it isn't like they didn't already have him in the mix.

Should it be added, yes, of course, but on this one I will give DB a break and give them time to make it right.
  • Options
    Yes I agree. He is an accomplished pilot, but also not mad it was missing because the next episode made it more obvious and DB may not be seeing the Episodes that early. Please add it now though.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Options
    Again, for a node that doesn't have many characters strong enough to reliably crit it, this is a problem. It hurts that there are traits DB doesn't seem to re-use often which are required to play their game. I have 1/5 Ushaan Archer and dumped 400 chrons into this node and he did not crit it. He would need a very high roll to do so. He actually failed it multiple times.

I agree that this issue should maybe have it's own thread. Between pilot, investigator, exobiology, maverick, and inspiring, there are a lot of traits that need to start to get some love to help players play this game.

DB has it in their power to recognize the error and make adjustments. I don't see why anyone would complain with them making the game less frustrating.
    F2P/VIP 0 for LIFE!
  • Options
    RNGeverythingRNGeverything ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017

This. Every single version of Jadzia is a pilot. Yet they ignore this fact.

As for Ash, come on. These traits will need to be added as we find things out. DB wasn't given a script for the entire season.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • Options

As for Ash, come on. These traits will need to be added as we find things out. DB wasn't given a script for the entire season.

Captain Kassidy Yates is technically the pilot of her own ship, same with Neelix. Worf, Yar, Sulu, Scotty, Spock, Wesley Crusher and probably two dozen others I can't think of offhand have piloted shuttles, and would have to have secured their pilots qualifications back in cadet training. That doesn't mean they should have "pilot" as a trait.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017

Captain Kassidy Yates is technically the pilot of her own ship, same with Neelix. Worf, Yar, Sulu, Scotty, Spock, Wesley Crusher and probably two dozen others I can't think of offhand have piloted shuttles, and would have to have secured their pilots qualifications back in cadet training. That doesn't mean they should have "pilot" as a trait.

You're right. Having the trait really should not match experience nor actual actions taken. IF we get to the point of at least strictly small craft/shuttle/fighters etc, Riker was a VERY experienced pilot and demonstrated it on occasion.
  • Options
    The one that really bugs me is Uhura. Not a single version of her has the Musician trait, yet we saw her sing and play instruments in multiple episodes. We know music is her thing. Yet the closest we have is the Artist trait for Dancing Uhura.
  • Options
    Jadzia mentions her pilot level skills in the episode Playing God. And she is the pilot of the Defiant. Im not asking for al the other occasional pilots to get the trait, but Jadzia consistently pilots the Defiant. Watch season 6 episode 16 change of heart, and tell me she doesn't deserve the pilot trait
  • Options
    Ask and you shall receive. jf3onqiqnh6s.jpg
  • Options
    KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    I subscribe to this opinion. The Pilot trait fit very well to this crewman and help very much at that specific node. Hope DB will hear us! Thanx
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ask and you shall receive. jf3onqiqnh6s.jpg

Party Dax is a Pilot. Well its a start.
  • Options
    I’ve suggested to the dev team he also have the trait "Definitely probably not a Klingon" added.

That would be a nice trait to have. Definitely belongs on T’Kuvma as well as a proper race trait. Space Orc.

On another note, there are missing and misattributed traits on at least half of the crew in this game. We’ve been asking for “Brutal” on Mirror Phlox since the day Gauntlet was released. Who is more brutal than the sadistic doctor who invented the agony booth and got pleasure from using it on people?
  • Options

Rewatch the series. She definitely stands out as a pilot. She mentions it multiple times, as well as her previous lives.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darxide wrote: »
    I’ve suggested to the dev team he also have the trait "Definitely probably not a Klingon" added.

That would be a nice trait to have. Definitely belongs on T’Kuvma as well as a proper race trait. Space Orc.

On another note, there are missing and misattributed traits on at least half of the crew in this game. We’ve been asking for “Brutal” on Mirror Phlox since the day Gauntlet was released. Who is more brutal than the sadistic doctor who invented the agony booth and got pleasure from using it on people?

So many traits still not added to many characters in this game, e.g. Moset and 'hologram'. The list is very long.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Blood Oath Dax still doesn't have the Klingon trait, even though it was said they were going to add it on the old forums.
  • Options
    Thank you for listening to me and others by making Tyler and Dax a pilot. Well done!
    F2P/VIP 0 for LIFE!
  • Options
    Neos472Neos472 ✭✭✭
    Darxide wrote: »

ya got your wish he suddenly remembered how brutal he was and now has the trait
  • Options
    Thanx DB
  • Options
    Thanks for fixing some of the Traits. One to add to your next list is Exo biologist for mirror phlox. Phlox studied all sorts of alien anatomies, it would be appropriate.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Options
    Who's the comedian that tagged Tasha Yar as a survivalist :D
  • Options
    Tempeau wrote: »

It fits her history on Turkana IV, the irony of the Armus incident notwithstanding.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

First she survived being orphaned in a place with rampant drug use, violence, and rape gangs.

Then she survived a senseless death at the hands of an oil slick.

Then she survived a first execution by Romulan captors.

Sounds legit.
  • Options
    Neos472Neos472 ✭✭✭

cause she grew up on a real rough planet if i remember right