Home Engineering Room
Options

Creepscapes Advertisements

striderKanstriderKan ✭✭
edited October 2017 in Engineering Room
I went to collect my 20 chrons and saw the watch ad for an extra 10 chrons button. Clicked it obv.

This is the 4th time it's displayed an interactive ad for some game called Creepscapes.. idk what the actual game is called but it features some weird butler looking dude. And I say weird as a Trekkie..

Anyways this ad has a 30 second timer. But if I hit the X at the end, it prompts me to complete the interaction or forfeit my bonus. Hooookay so I choose the stupid stairs colour, floor colour, I had no idea I signed up to be a 3rd rate interior designer.

Problem is once these remedial tasks are completed, the X is non responsive. I have to close the entire STT app and relaunch to get rid of it.

I hate getting hosed. Please blacklist that ad, DB. THANKS.

Comments

• Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Second.

Haven't seen in in STT, but I received the same ad yesterday in a different game and had the same experience.
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same issue for Homescapes (or something like that) yesterday.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1. Second time I had to deal with this nonsense today
  • Options
    The new ad provider wasn't an improvement.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    Same experience on my end.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is all about homescapes, correct?
    I have reported it and it should be removed soon.

For ads, could I request for issues like these to be reported in the existing thread in Engineering Room please? It makes it easier for me to keep track of, and report to the relevant team.

Thank you :)
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, Shan! I think we've all been having trouble with this one. It's worth mentioning that Homescapes used to run a normal video ad, which was never a problem like this new interactive one was. Nothing against the game itself.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »

For ads, could I request for issues like these to be reported in the existing thread in Engineering Room please? It makes it easier for me to keep track of, and report to the relevant team.

Shan,

Thanks for pointing out the place to report this . I just started having that problem with this game and one other that has the same kind of interactive feature. I'll keep and eye out for it and if it is an issue report it there.
    Sincerely,

Lilac Erosion

7TH Tactical Wing

Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license
    -Lord Wizzlestix IT
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes this ad is awful. When I emailed CS about this ad specifically they said basically "thanks for the details, we know this ad is bad, please only view 3 ads a day until we fix it". That is an unacceptable CS response. I hope this thread gets the ad removed and everyone compensated for the ads we were forced to quit out of.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »

Apologies Shan, this was a bit of a ninja post. Thanks for your support!
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Yes this ad is awful. When I emailed CS about this ad specifically they said basically "thanks for the details, we know this ad is bad, please only view 3 ads a day until we fix it". That is an unacceptable CS response. I hope this thread gets the ad removed and everyone compensated for the ads we were forced to quit out of.

i got something similar but very rude & informing me how i wasn't going to be compensated for watching ads that failed to give rewards because a previous ticket was given 250 chrons by mistake (should have been only 100) But i have seen one reply to another player sent 600 chrons for this exact same ad freezing.

Instead i should watch fewer than other players who don't get as many glitched ones? Or just go without ticketing? Or get chewed out by the stingy cs rep who complains another was too generous?

The degree of difference between responses to identical issues among players needs to be addressed. And blaming the player (i suspect in hopes they stop tickets) needs to stop.

~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m finding the freezing is random. Some Alice in Wonderland game ad froze on me today whereas it didn’t before now. The McDonalds ad is the worst. Also had a monster game ad freeze on me in the past but it went through today. No rhyme or reason