Home Make It So!
Options

Change to Use of Voyage Revival Tokens

Hi @Shan @JazzRiker ... Appreciate your reading this. I'm hoping DB will consider a change to how voyage tokens are accessed and used. Currently, once I've claimed my voyage token, either through this week's new threshold reward or from past instances of in-game messages, I must use that token the next time a voyage runs out of anti-matter. There is no choice left to the player whether to use the token or use dilithium.

I am proposing that the voyage token be treated just like boosts, in that it goes to inventory and that its use is entirely the player's choice. In my own case, I often refill with dilithium and do not want to be forced to use a voyage token over dilithium. If voyage tokens are going to become a regular fixture as escalated threshold rewards, I hope DB will make the necessary changes to ensure their use is left 100% up to the player, and not forced as it currently is.

All the best,

Drunk Shimoda
Fleet: Guardians of Tomorrow
[GoT] Drunk Shimoda
GoT Chief Communications Officer

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well said. I agree.
  • Options
    This has been said many times throughout many threads. Let's hope this one takes!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    I agree entirely .. there are already several other similar "items" within the game, which allows this choice .., not sure why they decided that voyages wouldn't share that ..

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/12107/voyage-tickets#latest
  • Options
    Good call Shimoda.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
    Chief Science Officer
  • Options
    Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    I accidentally had a voyage run out and fail .. and I just abandoned things rather than "waste" the ticket ... if I could have spent the dilithium, I would have .. so DB's loss .. and exactly what RogueAngyl said ... *shrug*
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although I personally would always use the token over the dilithium...
    I do believe that people should be given the choice.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Yup totally agree with this. Having the option to choose between token and dil would be awesome.

Additionally, having the token in inventory would allow us to see how many tokens we actually have so we arent just shooting in the dark.
  • Options
    Having an option to either use a revive token or spend dilithium would be absolutely ideal. I've accidentally burned 2 tokens in the past at low points....very maddening.
  • Options
    I posted this in another thread, but thought everyone should get the chance to weigh in on it.

This is what our "Failed" Voyage screen should look like.

o3ozdfef2f3c.jpg

Maybe stacked above the Abandon Button instead of across the rewards list.
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Options
    Add me and my fleet on this list of "please do this."
    Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets
  • Options
    mejoyh wrote: »

Additionally, having the token in inventory would allow us to see how many tokens we actually have so we arent just shooting in the dark.

The tokens do appear in inventory.
    q7ig272xfqyk.jpg
  • Options
    Absolutely! Many times, I'd rather spend the dilithium than use the token.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    I posted this in another thread, but thought everyone should get the chance to weigh in on it.

o3ozdfef2f3c.jpg

Agree with this 100%!
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Ice ManIce Man ✭✭✭
    It is the ONLY voyage supply!

Perhaps there could also be a category also for Event Tickets (i.e., how many unspent tickets do I currently have for this Expedition event). Currently, I have to end the current ticket in order to see if I have any more left. Poor interface.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

o3ozdfef2f3c.jpg

Maybe stacked above the Abandon Button instead of across the rewards list.

That is exactly how the Revive is positioned though........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Totally agree. Nothing worse than having to use it for a below par voyage when one would rather keep it for a better reward voyage.
  • Options
    It's been many weeks since I obtained a voyage token through event threshold rewards, and I have not revived one voyage since. I now just recall at 8 hours unless I have nothing else going on and I can babysit, and if I forget to recall and it fails I just abandon. I used to revive 3 or 4 voyages a week with dilithium. I did not renew my monthly card in December as voyage revival was my primary use of dilithium, and I'd have to burn my voyage tokens to be able to use dilithium that way again, and I'm just not willing do that.
  • Options
    [CFOH] Earl Grey[CFOH] Earl Grey ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Having had this happen to me just a little bit ago, I was going to start a tread about it, but found this one first. I also 100% support the idea of a choice between dil or the refill token. I think DB is stepping over dimes to pick up pennies here. Many times I have abandoned the Voyage rather than extend due wanting to save the refill token. If I had the choice of dil or token, I may have spent the dil instead of the token I intended to save (especially this time due to being chron deprived after the recent even and needing to level a Garak for the next event).

*edited for typo's
  • Options
    Ok I know this is almost 2 years old, but seriously, I am going to go out on a limb here and expect that this awesome idea is never going to happen as it hasn't so far, and its a shame, in fact, in my honest opinion its mad that it hasn't been adopted!
    By the way, Commander Sinclair I love your graphic even though its almost 2 years old.
    The Maryland Fleet need YOU, come and join us!
    We are rushing headlong into the abyss...................but we will have a blast whilst doing it,
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    I would actually appreciate a cheaper return token. I don't want to loose the revive. Sometimes you want to go on a long run. But most of the time I actually don't want to extend the voyage. I just want to put 1 AM into the tank and recall it.

Can we get an return token that drops from the gauntlet or something?
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Exanimus wrote: »
    I would actually appreciate a cheaper return token. I don't want to loose the revive. Sometimes you want to go on a long run. But most of the time I actually don't want to extend the voyage. I just want to put 1 AM into the tank and recall it.

Can we get an return token that drops from the gauntlet or something?

This is a cool idea. Maybe make a Return option that costs half the dilithium. I would move the picture of the ship and anti-matter bar up a little bit, then stack the options like:
    Revive
    (1 token)
    Revive
    (X dilithium)
    Return
    (X/2 dilithium)
    Abandon
    (Lose all rewards)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    AandraaAandraa ✭✭✭
    +1 to this ofc
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Had a friend interruption again. The real world can be so inconsiderate, lol.

Anyway. How much CS time is spent dealing with voyages? Is it worth it to squeeze the potential some one might pay instead of abandoning it?

If we can't change the structure at least offer a way to return a voyage rather than refill.

But if you want to eliminate hours of wasted CS time, just make it so a dilemma is triggered when the ship goes under 30 AM. With the Options [return home] and [extend mission] (using token or dilithium).