Home Engineering Room
Options

Not connecting on Facebook

2»

Answers

• Options
    marcuscatmarcuscat ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I filed a ticket and got a canned response, basically yes we know there was a problem your out of luck. As far as I can tell the game was down for facebook users over 10 hours, and they are not going to do anything to compensate those locked out for 10 hours during an event, and that is not cool. This is the response I got.

PS reply removed. ˜Shan
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t forget that posting exchanges from CS is verboten on the forum. That being said, I’m not terribly surprised by a canned response...CS is not known for their sympathy or generosity. If you escalate the ticket, however, it may float up the chain to the point where someone who cares will do something. On Tuesday, after the event is over.
  • Options
    RaijinmeisterRaijinmeister ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    marcuscat wrote: »
    I filed a ticket and got a canned response, basically yes we know there was a problem your out of luck. As far as I can tell the game was down for facebook users over 10 hours, and they are not going to do anything to compensate those locked out for 10 hours during an event, and that is not cool. This is the response I got.

PS reply removed. ˜Shan

I got the same response. Which is understandable given the context the support staff probably don't know what was happening back then and couldn't give a better reply anyway.
  • Options
    I was lined up for a decent showing in the event and 12 hours locked out really messed me up. I was knocked back over 3000 ranks and lost 5 arena tickets, 2 or 3 gauntlet rounds and a lot of chronitons. I am sure others have lost similarly, I would hope that there is compensation for those who took such losses.
  • Options
    Friendly FireFriendly Fire ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    DALE K wrote: »
    I was lined up for a decent showing in the event and 12 hours locked out really messed me up. I was knocked back over 3000 ranks and lost 5 arena tickets, 2 or 3 gauntlet rounds and a lot of chronitons. I am sure others have lost similarly, I would hope that there is compensation for those who took such losses.

The silence shown on this issue suggests there won't be, guess we all have to su ck it up
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,
    This was not an issue on our end. I am waiting on more information still but looking at the Platform status for Facebook, they did have a big outage.

• Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    This was not an issue on our end. I am waiting on more information still but looking at the Platform status for Facebook, they did have a big outage.

Thanks for the reply.

Well, I guess **tsk tsk** to **tsk tsk**. Thanks to this I barely had time to get the last copy of Quark.

I wonder when an event here will not have some issue. From whatever source.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    So once again we see an opportunity for customer service to actually provide service only to ultimately fail. World class customer service would take ownership of the issue, not pass it off on a third party. The people who play YOUR game on Facebook are not customers of Facebook, they are YOUR customers when playing YOUR game, regardless of the platform. Instead of "it wasn't our issue" how about "we accept responsibility for the issue"and will do the following....." Once, Time Warner had the worst customer service in the world, but i think they may be a new leader in town......
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    So the answer I got was to play on steam. However, I cannot play on steam, been this way for 7 months now. When I try to log into steam, it opens someone else's account!! I submitted a ticket including my DBID back in May I think it was and I was told they had no solution to my issue and to, wait for it......play on Facebook!!! :neutral:
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the answer I got was to play on steam. However, I cannot play on steam, been this way for 7 months now. When I try to log into steam, it opens someone else's account!! I submitted a ticket including my DBID back in May I think it was and I was told they had no solution to my issue and to, wait for it......play on Facebook!!! :neutral:

I would like to follow up on that, please send me a PM with the ticket number or email address you used when you submitted your ticket. Thank you!
  • Options
    In the end, I just gave up. Didn’t even bother with a ticket this time. Saw the responses here beforehand and was totally disheartened by it all, to say the least. I mean, my FB account is my secondary one but I still use it a lot and love it and have an awesome roster but, eh, I can’t find enough “oomph” to make me care right now. Oh well.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.