Home The Bridge
Options

Today's Offer.....

I have an Offer for 25 Premium Ten Pulls, 5,000 Chronies, and 4,000 Dilithium for $49.99

What they offer you guys?
Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?

Comments

• Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think that one is global, it’s half off one of the better 99.99 Monday offers.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's not terrible as far as what you get... but too rich for my blood still
  • Options
    FetaroFetaro ✭✭✭
    It's an interesting offer. Buuuuut....I lack slots, so I pass.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a nice offer, and I probably would've bit if I hadn't taken yesterday's offer.
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    It's a nice offer, and I probably would've bit if I hadn't taken yesterday's offer.

I'm in the same boat. They really plan these offers poorly.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I broke down because I'm weak and got it
    Basically paid 50 bucks for 1/5 Daystrom, it was THAT bad
    20 out of the 25 were purple straight drops... only had 5 beholds and only one of which was the fore mentioned gold daystrom
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i thought the regular deal is 30 premium pulls for $50. so for 5 less premium pulls, you get a little more dilithium and some chronitons?

there's no way that's a 50% savings. i'll pass.

The offer also has 5000 chrons and 4000 dil.

Here is the standard Monday offer I get quite often
    wg0pp7beqhm4.png

• Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    I broke down because I'm weak and got it
    Basically paid 50 bucks for 1/5 Daystrom, it was THAT bad
    20 out of the 25 were purple straight drops... only had 5 beholds and only one of which was the fore mentioned gold daystrom

After dumping all of the DIL into event packs I got 3 more siskos, a mirror bashir, and a mirror t'pol as well as got max stars for chest hair Riker and K'mtar so (I guess) that's better overall value than it seemed after the 10x pulls
  • Options
    As always, not interested in special offers because they are special in a way I don't like. ;)
  • Options
    FetaroFetaro ✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    i thought the regular deal is 30 premium pulls for $50. so for 5 less premium pulls, you get a little more dilithium and some chronitons?

there's no way that's a 50% savings. i'll pass.

The offer also has 5000 chrons and 4000 dil.

Here is the standard Monday offer I get quite often
    wg0pp7beqhm4.png

Wow, that's really the same offer for half the price.
  • Options
    I got an offer for 5600 dil for $24.99
  • Options
    FetaroFetaro ✭✭✭
    I got an offer for 5600 dil for $24.99

That was yesterday's offer as well. A very good deal, 66% cheaper than regular prices.
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    The irony is that if it wasn't for the outage I would probably have gone for it.

However the response from DB has been so poor that I can no longer justify the money to myself.

My last DB support ticket was handled quickly and solved the problem I was having (which is Sadly rare) and that made up for a lot of the recent issues. Then this outage happens.
  • Options
    Hunter247 wrote: »
    The irony is that if it wasn't for the outage I would probably have gone for it.

However the response from DB has been so poor that I can no longer justify the money to myself.

My last DB support ticket was handled quickly and solved the problem I was having (which is Sadly rare) and that made up for a lot of the recent issues. Then this outage happens.

Same here, I was ready to burn some money and then I could not enter the game. When I was in again it was so slow that I was afraid that some malfunctions could happen and decided not to buy.

Now the offer is gone, saved me some bucks, thats okay.
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    My Christmas money will go to increasing the size of my Steam backlog instead
  • Options
    Can any of the math and odds Wizards calculate what the odds are of not getting a single gold/behold in 45x10 packs?
    (Please)

This is the 3rd offer in a row that my wife has yielded 0

I honestly think that something may be wrong with her account.

Thank you
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can any of the math and odds Wizards calculate what the odds are of not getting a single gold/behold in 45x10 packs?
    (Please)

Thank you

Well, it is pseudo-random.

Statistics tell us what SHOULD happen. Actual events show us what DOES happen. Flipping a quarter ten times statistically should yield around five Heads and five Tails. I flipped a quarter ten times once just for research, and got NINE HEADS, including seven or eight in a row. {The odds on seven in a row are slim, eight even slimmer......}

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Please)

Thank you

Odds of gold 1.27%
    Odds of non-gold 98.73%
    Odds of 450 straight non-gold = .9873^450 = .3%

This is another case of DB RNG having rare events occur way more often than they should.
  • Options
    5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    (Please)

Thank you

I calculate the odds at getting at least one gold as 99.68% (that's from doing 450 repeated assumed independent probability ORs at 1.27% per pull). So the chances of not getting any are 0.32%, or about 1 in 312. Not exactly the lottery you wanted to win :-(

Using the same math, this week's half-off 25x10 pack offer gives a 95.9% chance of getting at least one gold, and a standard 1x10 pack gives a 12% chance of getting at least one gold. For a 50/50 chance, you would need 55 pulls (5x10 packs and change).

This isn't exactly correct since there's some internal wonkiness within 10-packs, with the results of the last pull or two depending on the results of the first pull, it seems. So each pull within a 10 isn't entirely independent and the numbers above are just an approximation.
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Options
    I had some gift cards from a friend that were to be used only for Timelines, so I went on this one.

Got begolds with the results being;
    A second star for Detective Data.
    A second star for Benny Russell
    First star for Chancellor Gorkon
    First Star for Captain Lorca
  • Options
    Thanks for stats. !
  • Options
    Yep, so of course that .3% happens regarding not getting golds in your pulls...but does it happen in gauntlet with the jackpot?
  • Options
    Reasonable offer. I only got 1 (pretty bad) begold though out of about 25 packs. Ended up with a second star on Beowulf Kim
  • Options
    I just had a thought about all the special deals this past week. Sure it's the holiday season, etc., but what if DB is planning a radical change for next year that will make these "special deals" weak by comparison? All these great savings we just spent $ on become wasted $. Hmmm...

Now pondering no spending until end of January.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...