Home Make It So!

Gauntlet time zoning

MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
At MET Gauntlets are ending in the middle of the night (2 AM) so it is usually impossible to play close to the end. But this is the time when the top ranks get turned around once more.

As we play in groups of 200 it would be better to have the Gauntlet end 48 hours after it started, so everyone could start and end a Gauntlet at a convenient time.
Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.

Comments

• I say MAKE IT SO...
  • SpukkZSpukkZ ✭✭✭
    As a fellow EU player, I fully support this idea!!
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on DB time -- US East Coast -- so the times are usually convenient for me. But I learned firsthand about the time zone challenges others face last year during a trip to London. I don't think I would ever have won a Guantlet if I lived in Europe.

While it wouldn't work to have rolling start and end times for events, or for the Arena, it seems like there should be a way to do so for Gauntlets.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a tough one for me. Events and gauntlet end while I'm awake, but not Arena. It would be annoying to lose the one edge that I have and keep the same disadvantage on the other.

Selfishness aside, it's a pretty good idea.
    Farewell 🖖
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a tough one for me. Events and gauntlet end while I'm awake, but not Arena. It would be annoying to lose the one edge that I have and keep the same disadvantage on the other.

Selfishness aside, it's a pretty good idea.
    I get your point and thought about that myself - and I tend to agree that it is some sort of compensation.

Due to working business I personally am on the lose end with the Arena as well though. It ends at 10 AM for me (or something like that), in any case I cannot play at this time either on weekdays as the forenoon is always full of meetings for me. But the Arena does not bother me too much - 1st or 4000th - the difference in reward is not that huge, at least for me these 20 schematics are not that big of a deal.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it wouldn't work to have rolling start and end times for events, or for the Arena, it seems like there should be a way to do so for Gauntlets.
    But while I am thinking of it... why could rolling ends for Arena not work? They could payout according to your set timezone once a day. So 24 payouts each day, but only 1 per player. I read that the timezone is fixed with your account creation, so basically this could be accomplished, but it might take some unreasonable effort in programming.

Overall more schematics would go out to the field this way though.
  • MururoaMururoa ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    That's it !
    Being close to DB time get you a big advantage on Gauntlet.
    More than once I go to sleep while ranked less than 5 with a few hours remaining and wake up to see I ended 22 on the end.
    I guess I wil have forever the goal "Compete and rank in a Gauntlet : top 5". Maybe there is an other goal for win a Gauntlet but I should never know.
  • VesmerVesmer ✭✭✭
    Mururoa wrote: »
    That's it !
    Being close to DB time get you a big advantage on Gauntlet.
    More than once I go to sleep while ranked less than 5 with a few hours remaining and wake up to see I ended 22 on the end.
    I guess I wil have forever the goal "Compete and rank in a Gauntlet : top 5". Maybe there is an other goal for win a Gauntlet but I should never know.

I can say that top 5 is not that hard. Gauntlet ends in 3 AM for me, my best is 3rd place. But winning - I don’t find that it’s possible being in my time zone.

• MururoaMururoa ✭✭✭
    And add to that the fact that players with the best gautlet crew tend to be always good ranked and so have a much higher chance to win the new featured gauntlet crew ...
    So most players are facing the well known "wall of" phenomena. When you face a "wall", 6 players having, The caretaker or Mutated Phlox, or Locutus, or ... you just cant do anything but loose the duel and so remove for 4 hours the crew you selected to play.
    Just like America, the rich gets richer and the poor remains poor.
  • VesmerVesmer ✭✭✭
    I’d say that the best strategy to pursue the gauntlet crew is winning streaks not placing as higher as possible. I got Armus out of the crate from winning streak, I always receive some stupid stuff from the vaults that are the reward for top 10