Home Ready Room

Do Not Airlock Checklist Thread 4

Comments

• I just tried it and DataCore saved to a file as before (using Chrome on a Mac). Not sure why you are seeing a change. Worst case, seems like you could take the output of the new window and save in a text file named crew.csv and import that.
  • OK that worked - tyvm :-) I'm using Safari on a Mac so I may need to use Chrome for this ...
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI, 3.58 will have all of the crew errors fixed. This may cause some slight recommendation changes (a few crew had wrong stats and one had two skills flipped). Mirror Sulu is the only 5* impacted. about 6 4* had incorrect stats. all of the other issues were the Mid stats which should not have impacted any recommendations. I'm hoping to get the new crew added and publish this today yet.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    3.58 is published. All crew errors fixed. Mirror Keyla and Tee Time Doc added.
  • JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    Check .. no odd things in this one ...
    I guess Tee Time Doctor is now part of my best 4* voyagers ..

Only unfreeze recommendation i still see is the crew which i have duplicate frozen ..
    Here is a link to a current copy of my sheet with this issue ...
    In this case ...Grathon & Rakal have duplicate popsicles in the freezer.
  • Yeah, the recommendations don't work so well with dups. Whomever is first in your import I believe is the winner. We are trying to at least tell you they exist now, though!
  • Not sure why that is the case but when I want to copy over the crew from 3.57 to 3.58 the columns E&F (active and keep) are not copied. Had that to 3.57 too and manually set the checkboxes.
  • Assuming you don't use the import function and have manually set the Active column? I tried copying a column of T/F values over the formulas and it seemed to work fine; what exactly did you do so I can replicate?
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why that is the case but when I want to copy over the crew from 3.57 to 3.58 the columns E&F (active and keep) are not copied. Had that to 3.57 too and manually set the checkboxes.

@/SSR/ Tichy Do paste special - Values and it works. I'm not sure what changed to cause that but that was the fix I found in my personal one.
  • @AdmiralMemo Check your Stats tab and see if Relaxed Number One is showing any values for min/max on CMD, DIP and SCI. They were missing on mine, which was throwing Divide By Zero errors on the Data tab for most 4*s. Adding the missing values might fix your recommendations.
    I don't even own her, though. Would that still affect my recommendations?
  • Is it just me or does Picard and Number One not have the Inspiring trait on these Checklists? He's my 25th "To Boldly Go", but the file says I only have 24 immortalized.
  • Lost Legacy has two locked nodes, one for SCI and another for DIP. Some sections of the sheet reference a SCI node, and other parts reference a DIP node, but it looks like no section includes both.
  • /SSR/ Tichy/SSR/ Tichy ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Not sure why that is the case but when I want to copy over the crew from 3.57 to 3.58 the columns E&F (active and keep) are not copied. Had that to 3.57 too and manually set the checkboxes.

@/SSR/ Tichy Do paste special - Values and it works. I'm not sure what changed to cause that but that was the fix I found in my personal one.

Tried that now - doesn't work for me. When I select a single checked box in the old sheet it copies that, but not several.

Edit - I noticed that all checkboxes have no value unless one is checked, then it shows TRUE and FALSE when unchecked. Even when the copied cell has a value TRUE or FALSE the cell in the new sheet is empty.
  • I don't even own her, though. Would that still affect my recommendations?

It would have affected all 4* recommendations, but should be fixed in the new sheet. I didn't notice it until I started digging into the Data tab and found a bunch of DIV/0 errors as I had shut off 4* recommendations a while ago.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    klobetime wrote: »
    Yeah, the recommendations don't work so well with dups. Whomever is first in your import I believe is the winner. We are trying to at least tell you they exist now, though!

I managed to "fix" it in my copy .. by altering the order in the import tab.
    For example with Rakal ... the immortal column was 1 then 0 for both cards, swapping this solved the unfreeze recommendation.

Perhaps our friend @TemporalAgent7 could be of assistance here on the datacore side when creating the export file...
  • cmdrworf wrote: »
    USS Dart wrote: »
    An observation and a question ... I forgot to delete my prior exported crew file and google saved the new one as crew(1).csv. When I tried to import that file, I got a blank import sheet. It appears that the syntax needs to be exact for the import to occur.

I'm also one that liked the immediate feedback of being able to identify if a crew should be frozen upon immortalization that the manual system provided. It appears that as long as you import into A1, the new sheet will replace the prior imported crew with a new one. Can anyone confirm that I'm correct?

P.S. And not to be a complete male appendage, but could we please maintain one set filing naming convention for the sheet? The OCD part of me is rebelling. Personally, I preferred "Name Version (Date)", but I'll accept whatever the kind folks maintaining this project wish to call it.

Thats me Dart. I'll be honest. I don't pay much attention to the name I give it.

Please don't sweat it as I am eternally grateful for the work you've taken on. I will keep my OCD under control! ;)
  • [VIP0]USS Dart[VIP0]USS Dart ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    In the spirit of trying to add some value to this project, I think I've come up with another way to save some time.

Edit: Nevermind, solution did not work.
  • Dumb question I should know the answer to:

For the missions tab, does the sheet presume FFFE when selecting crew to complete a node?

I think it does, but wanted to confirm.
  • USS Dart wrote: »
    Dumb question I should know the answer to:

For the missions tab, does the sheet presume FFFE when selecting crew to complete a node?

I think it does, but wanted to confirm.

FE yes, the fuse level is calculated - some crew can complete the node not fully fused.
  • JiveDutch wrote: »
    klobetime wrote: »
    Yeah, the recommendations don't work so well with dups. Whomever is first in your import I believe is the winner. We are trying to at least tell you they exist now, though!

I managed to "fix" it in my copy .. by altering the order in the import tab.
    For example with Rakal ... the immortal column was 1 then 0 for both cards, swapping this solved the unfreeze recommendation.

Perhaps our friend @TemporalAgent7 could be of assistance here on the datacore side when creating the export file...

I sort the Import tab as follows:

w5taak2qrvlg.png

Seems to work for me...
  • JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    I had to do it like below to get the desired sorting result for correct recommendations after import.
    801bcvwmc3o9.png
  • Gentlemen,

I'm trying to migrate from v3.50 to 3.58 for the first time. I'm old school and trying to do a manual import/update from my old spreadsheet. The Active column (E) is no longer editable. I see it now has a formula. However, I can't even manually type or paste over it. The instructions on the first tab don't provide instructions on what to do to make this column user-editable. Can you clarify the intended procedure?

Thanks.
  • @Jordan718 If you are not using the new Import feature, you would have to delete the content in column E. The easiest way to do this is highlight E5 through the end of the spreadsheet, hit the Delete key, then Insert | Checkbox to put blank checkboxes in place.
  • @Jordan718 If you are not using the new Import feature, you would have to delete the content in column E. The easiest way to do this is highlight E5 through the end of the spreadsheet, hit the Delete key, then Insert | Checkbox to put blank checkboxes in place.

Thanks, I did that but when I copy and paste from old to new for col E, the paste doesn't work. Is there a trick for getting that work? Ah, the old days when.. you know... copy and paste worked.
  • Jordan718 wrote: »
    Gentlemen,

I'm trying to migrate from v3.50 to 3.58 for the first time. I'm old school and trying to do a manual import/update from my old spreadsheet. The Active column (E) is no longer editable. I see it now has a formula. However, I can't even manually type or paste over it. The instructions on the first tab don't provide instructions on what to do to make this column user-editable. Can you clarify the intended procedure?

Thanks.

I have the same problem. It seems something is broken in google sheets - you just can't copy & paste checkbox true/false anymore. I'm able to c&p a single cell (which is pointless of course) but not a selection.
  • JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    Have you tried Control+Shift+V = Paste values only ?
  • JiveDutch wrote: »
    Have you tried Control+Shift+V = Paste values only ?

Yes. This doesn't work either.
  • Okay, so I put together a script that might help for those folks that want to edit their sheets manually. I understand that many folks aren't interested in using macros so I'm not adding this to the published Do Not Airlock sheet, but including instructions below. It worked in my testing (Chrome browser on a Mac) so hopefully it will work for y'all as well.

From the menu at the top of the Do Not Airlock sheet, choose Tools then Script Editor. A new tab in your browser should appear.

Replace all the existing text (something like function myFunction() {}) with the following:
    function onOpen() {
      SpreadsheetApp.getUi()
          .createMenu('Star Trek')
          .addItem('Disable Import', 'disableImport')
          .addToUi();
    }

function disableImport() {
      var spreadsheet = SpreadsheetApp.getActive();
      spreadsheet.setActiveSheet(spreadsheet.getSheetByName('Crew'), true);
      spreadsheet.getRange('B5:B').activate();
      spreadsheet.getRange('B5:B').copyTo(spreadsheet.getActiveRange(), SpreadsheetApp.CopyPasteType.PASTE_VALUES, false);
      spreadsheet.getRange('E5:E').activate();
      spreadsheet.getRange('E5:E').copyTo(spreadsheet.getActiveRange(), SpreadsheetApp.CopyPasteType.PASTE_VALUES, false);
    };

Choose File then Save, and name your project something like Star Trek.

When saving is complete, go back to your Do Not Airlock sheet and reload it (from the menus on Chrome, choose View then Reload This Page). You can close the Script Editor window at this point if you'd like.

When the sheet is done reloading and recalculating, choose the new Star Trek menu and then Disable Import.

This is where it starts to get a bit scary.

Click Continue on the Authorization Required popup.

It may ask you to sign into your Google Account again, do so.

In the ugly "This app isn't verified" dialog, click Advanced then Go to Untitled Project (unsafe). I don't know why this says Untitled Project rather than the name it was given when we saved earlier; seems inconsistent.

The next dialog asks for a bunch of permissions for the Untitled Project, click Allow.

After all that, go to the new Star Trek menu and choose Disable Import again. (It didn't actually run the first time because you hadn't granted the permissions yet.)

At this point, the fuse level and active columns (B and E) should have whatever value the import gave them, but now totally editable. Note that importing another crew.csv file at this point has no effect on the Crew tab!

I hope this proves useful to some of y'all. Cheers!
  • Thanks Klobe but that assumes we imported to start with. What about those of us who simply want to manage our sheets without importing at all?
  • The script works whether or not you are using a new sheet or have previously imported your crew. It simply removes the formulas from Column B (current stars) and Column E (Active) allowing you to change them manually. It doesn't fix the copy issue, but that appears to be a Google issue.