Home Ready Room

Do Not Airlock Checklist Thread 4

Comments

• As a workaround (however stupid it sounds) you could right click the Crew tab on your old sheet, select Copy to and add it to your new sheet. This would allow you to use the Paste Values (ctrl+shift+v) to your new crew sheet. Once you've copied the data you need over, you can then delete the Copy of Crew tab.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Yup -- what @Ward Serpentine said. Sorry I wasn't more clear!
  • As a workaround (however stupid it sounds) you could right click the Crew tab on your old sheet, select Copy to and add it to your new sheet. This would allow you to use the Paste Values (ctrl+shift+v) to your new crew sheet. Once you've copied the data you need over, you can then delete the Copy of Crew tab.

This worked for me, didn't even have to paste values only. Clumsy solution though.
    Note: Copying to a existing sheet didn't work in Firefox, had to use Chrome.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a workaround (however stupid it sounds) you could right click the Crew tab on your old sheet, select Copy to and add it to your new sheet. This would allow you to use the Paste Values (ctrl+shift+v) to your new crew sheet. Once you've copied the data you need over, you can then delete the Copy of Crew tab.

This worked for me, didn't even have to paste values only. Clumsy solution though.

I'm not sure what happened with this but I'd agree it appears to be a change in google sheets. I'll do some research and see if I can find a real fix.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Is it just me or does Picard and Number One not have the Inspiring trait on these Checklists? He's my 25th "To Boldly Go", but the file says I only have 24 immortalized.

This will be fixed in the next release. @klobetime got to it before me. Thank you for reporting it. In addition a bunch of others have been corrected by him. Will be published after the Tuesday new crew.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    As a workaround (however stupid it sounds) you could right click the Crew tab on your old sheet, select Copy to and add it to your new sheet. This would allow you to use the Paste Values (ctrl+shift+v) to your new crew sheet. Once you've copied the data you need over, you can then delete the Copy of Crew tab.

I'm not sure what happened with this but I'd agree it appears to be a change in google sheets. I'll do some research and see if I can find a real fix.

This appears to be a reported issue on the forums (google sheets forums). No update on it yet. Seems to have started in the last weekish
  • I'm unclear on what the "Voyage" tab is supposed to DO, honestly. Is it just a list of all Voyagers in the game best to worst? If so... is there a way to filter it to just crew I own?

I find it amusing that the worst 5-star Voyager (Captain Scott) is only 8 ranks higher than the best 2-star Voyager (Promoted Sisko). I would've thought there'd be more of a gap. :smiley:
  • I'm unclear on what the "Voyage" tab is supposed to DO, honestly. Is it just a list of all Voyagers in the game best to worst? If so... is there a way to filter it to just crew I own?

It is a list of the crew in your sheet marked as active (and assumed lvl 100 FE I think).
    My SSR / Vip0 sheets show different crew with different stats (due to player bonus) in the voyage sheet.
  • MururoaMururoa ✭✭✭
    Hi all,
    Waiting for 3.59 I fixed the problem I stated earlier for "to bodly go" collection.
    You have to add Inspiring to the list of traits for Picard and Number One.
    In the Stats sheet.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mururoa wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Waiting for 3.59 I fixed the problem I stated earlier for "to bodly go" collection.
    You have to add Inspiring to the list of traits for Picard and Number One.
    In the Stats sheet.

That is all in the release for today. Just waiting on the Tuesday crew and stats.

• cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm unclear on what the "Voyage" tab is supposed to DO, honestly. Is it just a list of all Voyagers in the game best to worst? If so... is there a way to filter it to just crew I own?

It is a list of the crew in your sheet marked as active (and assumed lvl 100 FE I think).
    My SSR / Vip0 sheets show different crew with different stats (due to player bonus) in the voyage sheet.

Correct. It is your crew ranked in overall voyage strength order and assumes FFE right now. I'm hoping to change it to either only count FFE crew or factor in the level of the crew and assume FE then.
    It's not, though, because I only own 2 out of the top 20 voyagers in this list, the 2 Picards. The rest are characters I've never even picked up ever. This isn't even a list of who I own, let alone who's active. So why are crew I don't own there if it's supposed to be the top of who I have that's active?eakhasfnszop.png
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm unclear on what the "Voyage" tab is supposed to DO, honestly. Is it just a list of all Voyagers in the game best to worst? If so... is there a way to filter it to just crew I own?
    It's not, though, because I only own 2 out of the top 20 voyagers in this list, the 2 Picards. The rest are characters I've never even picked up ever. This isn't even a list of who I own, let alone who's active. So why are crew I don't own there if it's supposed to be the top of who I have that's active?eakhasfnszop.png

@AdmiralMemo can you share your sheet with me via PM so I can take a look at whats happening. It should only be your crew. I know I've got a few issues with the sheet, but I've not see this happen yet.
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, something is not right on the voyage tab, out of the first 30 list I actually only have 7 or 8.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    3.59 should have the voyage tab fixed, and new crew added. posting now.
  • For me it works as intended on two different sheets for two accounts:
    5nguqe8yir2m.png
    hbmkzmnf1b0j.png

But then I maintained my lists manually (not via the import functionality), maybe that makes a difference?
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it works as intended on two different sheets for two accounts:
    5nguqe8yir2m.png
    hbmkzmnf1b0j.png

But then I maintained my lists manually (not via the import functionality), maybe that makes a difference?

Yes, manual worked. it was only failing on imports.
  • AdmiralMemoAdmiralMemo ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Might need a stealth update: Solok didn't get a version number. I updated mine manually.

Edit: Confirmed that Voyage tab is now working. :smile:ocf3vf6ivxji.png
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voyage tab is also working now for me.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solok Stealth fixed, and Thanks for the reports on the Voyage tab. Imports were putting a "value" in the blank fields which was odd. had to tweak my formula to account for that.
  • Ward SerpentineWard Serpentine ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    For those of you that are manually sorting your crew in the import tab because of whatever reason, I've found an easy solution. What you can do is import your crew in a new sheet and then put this formula in A2 of the actual Import sheet.

=QUERY(Sheet2!A2:AN1000,"SELECT * WHERE A <> '' ORDER BY A, E DESC, F DESC, G")

Replace Sheet2 with whatever you called your new sheet and copy the headers over.

AN891 was the last cell on my test. That number will have to be changed depending on how many rows you have. Adding DESC makes the column sort descending vs ascending.

Edit: By adding the WHERE statement, you can have any number of rows you need. It eliminates the blank space issue. Those are two single quotes, not a double quote.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    3.60 published. added Ezri and Riva.
  • I'm really trying to step up my DNA sheet game to better understand what the sheet can do for me. To manage crew, I generally freeze anyone the sheet tells me to freeze, despite the admonition not to do so.

I had something interesting occur today. I started a voyage using the Datacore suggested crew, which included Siranna. When I updated my version of the DNA spreadsheet, it said to freeze Siranna. Note that I've kept the defaults for number of crew to retain.

When I pull up everyone with Siranna's skills, here's what I get:

5lhht0n06wm7.png

Siranna's primary skill is MED. I'm assuming that the sheet has determined I've got plenty of MED and don't need her. Is that correct because MED/DIP/SCI doesn't seem deep at all.
  • @cmdrworf I've had a thought, and it goes with the way in which I use the sheet and decide who to airlock and keep.

Is it worth looking to see if the big book tier lists can be incorporated onto the crew tab of the workbook? Like as another column in between, let's say, Keep and Notes, or Notes and Version?

When deciding who to keep and who to airlock, I use the big book for the tier lists. Couple the tiers with the sheet advice as to who to freeze or keep, that might work out to keep all advice in one place?
  • I actually already do this. It's simple. Add a column and then put this formula into it:

=VLOOKUP(A5,Import!A:I,9,FALSE)
  • I actually already do this. It's simple. Add a column and then put this formula into it:

=VLOOKUP(A5,Import!A:I,9,FALSE)

I'd like to use the Notes column for this function. I could paste it into the first entry, but not the entire column. Do you know the syntax for that?
  • USS Dart wrote: »
    I'd like to use the Notes column for this function. I could paste it into the first entry, but not the entire column. Do you know the syntax for that?

You could, but the first value (i.e. A5) would have to correspond with the row you put the formula in. If you have additional data you Want in that cell, you could always concatenate the formulas (say, you wanted the level and the BB ranking in the same cell.)
  • SpukkZSpukkZ ✭✭✭
    PhilJS89 wrote: »
    Is it worth looking to see if the big book tier lists can be incorporated onto the crew tab of the workbook? Like as another column in between, let's say, Keep and Notes, or Notes and Version?

The reason this was never done so far, and why it will not be done any time soon, is that the big book tier is a subjective ranking given by fellow players like you and I, whereas the sheet functions on 100% objective data, i.e. the actual stats of the crew.

As others have already pointed out, you can manually add this in your personal copy of the sheet, but this should not be included in the release version that @cmdrworf puts out.

• cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    USS Dart wrote: »
    I'm really trying to step up my DNA sheet game to better understand what the sheet can do for me. To manage crew, I generally freeze anyone the sheet tells me to freeze, despite the admonition not to do so.

I had something interesting occur today. I started a voyage using the Datacore suggested crew, which included Siranna. When I updated my version of the DNA spreadsheet, it said to freeze Siranna. Note that I've kept the defaults for number of crew to retain.

When I pull up everyone with Siranna's skills, here's what I get:

5lhht0n06wm7.png

Siranna's primary skill is MED. I'm assuming that the sheet has determined I've got plenty of MED and don't need her. Is that correct because MED/DIP/SCI doesn't seem deep at all.

When you start min maxing your voyages the determinations get a bit interesting. While a certain crew may be rated down the list and recommended to be frozen, for certain voyage pairs it gets a higher ranking. To account for this, I would recommend increasing the best active crew for a given skill count past 4. This will increase the recommendation for all skills though. Trying increasing it one at a time and see what it takes to get Siranna recommended for you. I don't use Datacore too often as I have very few pairs that I can hit 10 hours on regularly, but I have had the same thing occur.
  • Very interesting cmdrworf! I increased the best active crew to 5 and Incognito Kirk went from "Space/freeze" to " keep." Do you have thoughts on the sweet spot of how many active crew to set it to without running into a slot crisis?
    USS Dart wrote: »

You could, but the first value (i.e. A5) would have to correspond with the row you put the formula in. If you have additional data you Want in that cell, you could always concatenate the formulas (say, you wanted the level and the BB ranking in the same cell.)

Okay, so once again I have to admit I'm an excel dullard. I don't know how to translate this into something usable. If I chose to add the big book tier to the notes column, I'd have to add a formula. Where do I add it and how to I do so in order to capture the entire column? I tried to add it to the first cell in the column, but since that's part of the header, excel wouldn't allow me to.