• Options
    edited April 2020
    ENT- Keep T'Pol
    DSC - Keep Saru
    TOS - Keep Kirk
    TNG - Keep Wesley
    DS9 - Keep Bashir
    VOY - Keep Kim

You know, I could get behind all these choices?

Of course TOS would be equally amazing keeping Spock or McCoy.

I never would have said Wesley, but now that you've suggested it, I can visualize that perfectly. (For captain, I'm thinking either Sam the Eagle or Dr. Teeth.)

Now I'm also imagining STPicard with just Picard and everyone else played by Muppets... I would SO watch that :lol:

[Edit: dang autocorrect... ]
  • Options
    TOS - Spock
    TNG - Picard
    DS9 - Jadzia
    VOY - Seven
    ENT - Phlox
    DSC - Tilly
    PIC - Narissa
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    ENT- Keep Phlox
    DSC - Keep Tilly
    TOS - Keep Spock
    TNG - Keep Data
    DS9 - Keep Odo
    VOY - Keep Seven

This was fun!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Let's see if I can do two series with different Muppets... TNG was my first Trek and Discovery is coming up, so I'll try those two. I'm a small time Muppet fan, so I can't resist this thread. I think using Tilly would either be cheating or boring since she would fit right in (in a good way), so I won't use her.

The Next Generation (of Muppets)
    Captain: Sam Eagle
    First Officer: Will Riker
    Science Officer: Bunsen Honeydew
    Chief Engineer: Beaker
    Chief of Security: Sweetums
    Medical Officer: Dr. Julius Strangepork
    Councilor: Miss Piggy
    Bartender: Rowlf the Dog

Discovery (Time-Muppets)
    Captain: Kermit the Frog
    First Officer: Fozzie Bear
    Science Officer: Swedish Chef
    Chief Engineer: Jett Reno
    Chief of Security: Animal
    Medical Officer: Statler and Waldorf

I'm not out of Muppets yet. Let's see if I can do two more. I'll probably do Sesame Street, just because.

Voyager (Delta Quadrant Muppets)
    Captain: Katherine Janeway
    First Officer: Ernie
    Science Officer: Elmo
    Astrometrics: Big Bird
    Chief Engineer: The Count
    Chief of Security: Oscar the Grouch
    Emergency Medical Hologram: Bert
    Helsman/Nurse: Grover
    Morale Officer: Cookie Monster

Picard (Muppet Conspiracy)
    Retired Admiral: Link Heartthrob
    Conspiracy Theorist: Raffi Musiker
    Top Cyberneticist: Janice
    Undercover Android: Summer Penguin
    Ship Captain: Dr. Teeth
    Hospitality hologram: Sgt. Floyd Pepper
    Medical Hologram: Zoot
    Engineering Hologram: Scooter
    Navigation Hologram: Skeeter
    Romulan Bodyguard: Gonzo the Great
    Young Romulan: Robin (Kermit's Nephew)
    Fenris Ranger: Crazy Harry
    Top Zhat Vash Spy: Uncle Deadly
    Zhat Vash Operative: Rizzo the Rat
    Zhat Vash Drop-out: Pepe the King Prawn

Ok... I think I could have done better at the end if I didn't limit myself on Muppets, but I would watch these shows. :D
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    This is a fun idea! I had a blast putting together a comprehensive crew for just one starship, which was more than enough for me lol. My proper ST pick is Tuvok, a humorless & mildly irritated island within a storm of muppet madness:

CAPTAIN: Link Hogthrob
    CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER: Miss Piggy
    CHIEF HELM OFFICER: Dr. Teeth
    CHIEF NAVIGATION OFFICER: Lew Zealand
    CHIEF TACTICAL OFFICER: Crazy Harry
    CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER: Tuvok
    CHIEF COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER: Swedish Chef
    CHIEF SCIENCE OFFICER: Dr. Bunsen Honeydew
    CHIEF ENGINEER: Beauregard
    CHIEF TRANSPORTATION ENGINEER: Beaker
    CHIEF COUNSELOR: Sweetums
    CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER: Dr. Bob (Rowlf)
    HEAD NURSE: Nurse Janice (Janice)
    YEOMAN: Scooter
    ILL-FATED RED SHIRT: Gonzo

As I rattled off my first two commanding officers, I realized that I was flirting dangerously close with the Swinetrek crew. So I went in different directions with everybody else, sincerest apologies to the absent Dr. Julius Strangepork. Dr. Teeth pilots the ship at a control station specially designed to make use of his incredibly long arms (helm controls resemble his wraparound electric organ). He always drove the bus for the Electric Mayhem...how different could driving a starship be? Plotting roundabout courses there & back again, is famed boomerang-fish thrower Lew Zealand. Crazy Harry heads up the battlestation, hopefully creating more explosions outside of the ship than inside. Dr. Bunsen Honeydew applies his considerable intellect to examining all interstellar phenomenae they encounter. And who better than the Swedish Chef, to both hail other ships and relay incoming messages to the rest of bridge?

Scooter still fetches the coffee :)

Since Tuvok remains head of security, I turned Sweetums into ship's counselor instead (naturally). The comic duo of Dr. Bob & Nurse Janice are running the sick bay, because laughter is always the best medicine. On the technical side of things: Beaker is in charge of disassembling & reassembling every atom in your body, while janitor Beauregard is responsible for the smooth operation of physics-bending warp drives & such. Or possibly not. Gonzo has a unique recurring role, as every red-shirted crewman who must put himself into mortal danger for the sake of the mission. Again, and again...and again. His snozz gets bent out of shape every time, too.
    "We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III
  • Options
    This is a fun idea! I had a blast putting together a comprehensive crew for just one starship, which was more than enough for me lol. My proper ST pick is Tuvok, a humorless & mildly irritated island within a storm of muppet madness:

CAPTAIN: Link Hogthrob
    CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER: Miss Piggy
    CHIEF HELM OFFICER: Dr. Teeth
    CHIEF NAVIGATION OFFICER: Lew Zealand
    CHIEF TACTICAL OFFICER: Crazy Harry
    CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER: Tuvok
    CHIEF COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER: Swedish Chef
    CHIEF SCIENCE OFFICER: Dr. Bunsen Honeydew
    CHIEF ENGINEER: Beauregard
    CHIEF TRANSPORTATION ENGINEER: Beaker
    CHIEF COUNSELOR: Sweetums
    CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER: Dr. Bob (Rowlf)
    HEAD NURSE: Nurse Janice (Janice)
    YEOMAN: Scooter
    ILL-FATED RED SHIRT: Gonzo

As I rattled off my first two commanding officers, I realized that I was flirting dangerously close with the Swinetrek crew. So I went in different directions with everybody else, sincerest apologies to the absent Dr. Julius Strangepork. Dr. Teeth pilots the ship at a control station specially designed to make use of his incredibly long arms (helm controls resemble his wraparound electric organ). He always drove the bus for the Electric Mayhem...how different could driving a starship be? Plotting roundabout courses there & back again, is famed boomerang-fish thrower Lew Zealand. Crazy Harry heads up the battlestation, hopefully creating more explosions outside of the ship than inside. Dr. Bunsen Honeydew applies his considerable intellect to examining all interstellar phenomenae they encounter. And who better than the Swedish Chef, to both hail other ships and relay incoming messages to the rest of bridge?

Scooter still fetches the coffee :)

Since Tuvok remains head of security, I turned Sweetums into ship's counselor instead (naturally). The comic duo of Dr. Bob & Nurse Janice are running the sick bay, because laughter is always the best medicine. On the technical side of things: Beaker is in charge of disassembling & reassembling every atom in your body, while janitor Beauregard is responsible for the smooth operation of physics-bending warp drives & such. Or possibly not. Gonzo has a unique recurring role, as every red-shirted crewman who must put himself into mortal danger for the sake of the mission. Again, and again...and again. His snozz gets bent out of shape every time, too.

I actually got worried when I read Link Heartthrob. But you nailed it after that. You could add a first officer if you felt so inclined. My personal favorites are Dr. Bob and Janice, Gonzo, Scooter, Swedish Chef, and Crazy Harry. Swedish Chef at communications was just brilliant.

On mine, I wanted to see Frakes and Miss Piggy. Sam Eagle and Rowlf the Dog would be fun to watch with Frakes too. On Discovery, I just pictured Jett Reno interacting with some of my favorite Muppets. I heard an interview of Kate Mulgrew on NPR. I think she would just be excellent with the Sesame Street Muppets. On Picard, I wanted to hear Admiral Clancy deliver the hubris line to Link Heartthrob. And turning Electric Mayhem into the ship's holograms was pretty amusing. Throwing Raffi into that mix just seemed like the right thing to do.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    For all practical purposes in my crew, First Officer = Chief Operations Officer. Both Riker & Chakotay have been shown assuming these duties, so I gather that the assignment can be somewhat customary aboard starships. The First Officer as C.O.O. is still only the head of an entire chain of command, from Junior Operations Officers all the way down to Quartermasters. Except in the case of Piggy, of course, who clearly has to run the whole show lol :D
    "We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III
  • Options
    For all practical purposes in my crew, First Officer = Chief Operations Officer. Both Riker & Chakotay have been shown assuming these duties, so I gather that the assignment can be somewhat customary aboard starships. The First Officer as C.O.O. is still only the head of an entire chain of command, from Junior Operations Officers all the way down to Quartermasters. Except in the case of Piggy, of course, who clearly has to run the whole show lol :D

Makes sense. I see what you were doing now.
    Farewell 🖖