Home Engineering Room

Can't purchase monthly card in Steam Version

Hi, I've been trying to purchase monthly card using the latest version of the game running on Steam platform.

Windows 10, all updates present.
All Steam updates present.
Funds are located in Steam account, which is why purchase MUST be made using Steam.

When I click on the monthly card, the "Hailing Starfleet..." message appears and the circle continues to scroll until I eventually have to close the game. I have waited 10 minutes at one point. Tried multiple times.

Thank you.

Comments

• GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, hopefully this can help someone else. I figured it out:

Make sure Steam Overlay is enabled both in the main settings of Steam AND when you right-click the game in your game list and choose properties.

Enabling Steam Overlay will quickly complete the purchase.

You're welcome, TP.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, hopefully this can help someone else. I figured it out:

Make sure Steam Overlay is enabled both in the main settings of Steam AND when you right-click the game in your game list and choose properties.

Enabling Steam Overlay will quickly complete the purchase.

You're welcome, TP.

The fact that the Steam overlay is needed to do a purchase is pinned on our Steam forums, I have however edited to add the clarification that it should be done both in Steam and for the game itself.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I apologize Shan, I don't think I've ever checked the Steam forums. I've been a member here for years, I just went to where I knew there were other players.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    No worries :)
    It might not be a bad idea for me to pin the same instructions here :)