Home Engineering Room
Options

Microsoft Store version broken

JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
edited October 2020 in Engineering Room
The microsoft store version will not start for me currently.
I get to see the Tilting Point logo , and when it should switch to the space Timelines screen it crashes.
Event Log says :

Faulting application name: Star Trek Timelines.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f7b9527
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.488, time stamp: 0x5b4a3325
Exception code: 0xe06d7363
Fault offset: 0x0000000000023e49
Faulting process id: 0x46e8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6a1f2c4198626
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\TiltingPoint.StarTrekTimelines_1.0.404.0_x64__85kh3h6wfjavg\Star Trek Timelines.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: d3c6f9f3-c4f4-45bc-afdd-6a175e8031f9
Faulting package full name: TiltingPoint.StarTrekTimelines_1.0.404.0_x64__85kh3h6wfjavg
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Crash happens at/after teh Kobayashi Maru stage.

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried removing the app and installing it again?
  • Options
    I have done this to this, also tried to load updates ...
    As the store version does work on my laptop, i will try a remove and full reset of the windows store apps this evening to see if this will solve the crash / corruption.
  • Options
    Sorry Shan ... Didnae work
    https://youtu.be/-Ci44G8j1F0
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please submit a ticket with details about what you have done and information about your computer.

Is steam an option for you? As the game is also available on that platform.
  • Options
    New version in the Microsoft Store still crashes upon loading (right after the kobayashi maru text)
    Store version 1.0.455.0 , cant find other version details.

Event log error ..
    Faulting application name: Star Trek Timelines.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60182bcb
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.662, time stamp: 0xec58f015
    Exception code: 0xe06d7363
    Fault offset: 0x000000000002d759
    Faulting process id: 0x378
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d6f8e5e27ecf64
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\TiltingPoint.StarTrekTimelines_1.0.455.0_x64__85kh3h6wfjavg\Star Trek Timelines.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 59e52105-8c3a-4299-ade2-17ef3694c261
    Faulting package full name: TiltingPoint.StarTrekTimelines_1.0.455.0_x64__85kh3h6wfjavg
    Faulting package-relative application ID: App

So .. still stuck with the Steam version, or the facebook browser version.
    Let me know if there is any debug or other logging tool i can run to figure out the issue.
    No amount of removing/uninstalling/repairing nor manual removal of folder & regkeys seems to work for now.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are still the only player with that issue it seems :/
    What are the specs of your computer?
  • Options
    NoNameNamerNoNameNamer ✭✭✭✭
    WRG should be able to get your crash dumps from the windows dev account to debug the issue unless you've messed with the Windows settings, in which case you could share them manually from %LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps I believe.
  • Options
    JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I use a Laptop, Surface3 and Game PC for the game ... it worked on both mobile devices, but frustratingly not on the pc , where i would switch to the store version so my kid could use steam family sharing for other games... Surface tab and store version work very well for skirmishes ..

Not sure why, but when i checked for this post, the game is now working properly ..
    I did need to sign in again and link my existing account, so i had removed all keys & cache for it before.
    The only thing i can think of was the update was not yet available to me , and was auto installed today ...

Glad to report the game functions properly now .. aside from a noticable CPU high usage on the store version which is higher than the facebook-gameroom or steam version ..

edit ...
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4008 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    AMD Radeon RX 570 8GB
    The store app uses 25-45% cpu continuously, average 35 over the last 10 minutes.
    The Steam app uses 5-6% cpu continuously
    https://apps.facebook.com/sttimelines/ in new Edge browser has similar usage as the steam client.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    JiveDutch wrote: »
    I use a Laptop, Surface3 and Game PC for the game ... it worked on both mobile devices, but frustratingly not on the pc , where i would switch to the store version so my kid could use steam family sharing for other games... Surface tab and store version work very well for skirmishes ..

Not sure why, but when i checked for this post, the game is now working properly ..
    I did need to sign in again and link my existing account, so i had removed all keys & cache for it before.
    The only thing i can think of was the update was not yet available to me , and was auto installed today ...

Glad to report the game functions properly now .. aside from a noticable CPU high usage on the store version which is higher than the facebook-gameroom or steam version ..

edit ...
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4008 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    AMD Radeon RX 570 8GB
    The store app uses 25-45% cpu continuously, average 35 over the last 10 minutes.
    The Steam app uses 5-6% cpu continuously
    https://apps.facebook.com/sttimelines/ in new Edge browser has similar usage as the steam client.

Thank you for the above information. It helped me decide upon which client to install on my laptop PC. I sincerely appreciate it.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    NoNameNamerNoNameNamer ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I still prefer running the Windows Store version as it's the fastest out there. Everything is fast and snappy, no lag (try resizing the window for example). Even opening packs is faster. The rendering is also crispier somehow, everything just looks better.
  • Options
    My windows client is fine. So it's not the client.