Home The Bridge

Event discussion thread: Skirmish Event - A Pied Piper - ME#3 - 2021-04-15

Comments

• TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    That trait list is pretty sick. I want this boi!
    nsbfypm47fhw.jpeg
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    I think it's an objective fact at this point that the recap packs for this mega event will be the best since the TOS mega event in 2019.
    Farewell 🖖
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's an objective fact at this point that the recap packs for this mega event will be the best since the TOS mega event in 2019.

Concur. I look forward to sleeping.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's the new #10 overall Voyager. You can't lose with these legendaries.
  • I think it's an objective fact at this point that the recap packs for this mega event will be the best since the TOS mega event in 2019.

Do you guys think that the juicy recap packs will mean there'll be less competition in the events because the chances of getting the good golds in the packs is better? Or more competition in the events to make sure everyone gets a decent amount of copies of the good golds, so that the pack pulls will finish them off rather than be 1/5s?

I have Jodmos at 3/4 so I'm only aiming for top 5000, but I don't want to be kicked down too far again like in the Dexa event & miss out. I guess this week's Galaxy might be a good indicator of how much grind will be required.
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful lighting and texture work on the new Burnham art, but I think her left eye is just a little too close to the center of her face. At least enough to trigger my visual OCD...

zqsxoak642lr.jpg
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m going to hoard my dilithium and smash recaps for sure. Might even grab a couple of $4.99 skirmish packs for the dilithium.

I have one star on Dexa and two on Human Saru from the events. Probably won’t finish too 1500 in the galaxy or skirmish so I’ll hope for good luck.
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you guys think that the juicy recap packs will mean there'll be less competition in the events because the chances of getting the good golds in the packs is better? Or more competition in the events to make sure everyone gets a decent amount of copies of the good golds, so that the pack pulls will finish them off rather than be 1/5s?

I try in the event so it requires less stars to finish in recaps.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    Beautiful lighting and texture work on the new Burnham art, but I think her left eye is just a little too close to the center of her face. At least enough to trigger my visual OCD...

zqsxoak642lr.jpg

It is just the effect of a 3D image being shown as 2D.

Edit: is it the left or right eye.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cx1klDB02bs

Edit: After seeing the event page on the Ap, it looks more like a shadow problem. The shadow looks like it is part of the eye.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

I try in the event so it requires less stars to finish in recaps.

That is my strategy as well. There is probably a mix of strategies for recap packs, but I suspect ours is prevalent.
    Farewell 🖖
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

I have Jodmos at 3/4 so I'm only aiming for top 5000, but I don't want to be kicked down too far again like in the Dexa event & miss out. I guess this week's Galaxy might be a good indicator of how much grind will be required.

People go hard on skirmishes to get honor but I think it is worth it to try. If not Jodmos should pop up some time in a portal or voyage.
    Let’s fly!
  • People go hard on skirmishes to get honor but I think it is worth it to try. If not Jodmos should pop up some time in a portal or voyage.

Yeah I think that's how I have him already from pulls and/or voyage drops, so I could wait some more, but really if he's right here in front of me I figure I should give it a crack and finish him off, especially when I'm at capacity for slots (again :neutral:). I might be the only one excited for Klingon Torres this week for the same reason, if I can grab 2* from the ranked rewards and the 1* from community she's finished & frozen as well.

If only we could get a mega full of reruns & flashbacks so I can catch my breath...! :D
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go for it, at the least you can get another copy of Barry waddle end up with a great 4/5.
    Let’s fly!
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    EnderW wrote: »
    I'm just happy they made the Excelsior a 5* ship. I was almost convinced they were going to make it a 4* one and really mess things up. Can't wait to see what it looks like!

and finally a ship with transwarp that isn't Borg! now, if only we could have voyage ships automatically match traits so we don't have to scroll through alllllllllllllll of them every time...and/or newer schematics in the arena rewards...
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um, how are the Skirmish classes going to work? There is a 4* and a 5*, but there is a 3* instead of a 2*. No hull bonus in the lower class? The 4* would eat the 3* for lunch if both are maxed. It doesn't matter to me. I play on Epic these days, but the newer players need something.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um, how are the Skirmish classes going to work? There is a 4* and a 5*, but there is a 3* instead of a 2*. No hull bonus in the lower class? The 4* would eat the 3* for lunch if both are maxed. It doesn't matter to me. I play on Epic these days, but the newer players need something.

The only thing the newer players are concerned with is whether they can compete in elite or epic. If not, they will just do normal(?)

Basically, trying to rack up the most points they can for a round.

My 3rd account I started near the beginning of December was able to compete with a level 9 bounty on epic. Of course, I had made purchases in it which helped getting schematics. Now that I am not spending money, it will take some time to get a ship to level 10, and be one I can compete with in Epic. The bounty works well for me with 4* Rura Penthe Kirk. I think I went with a 1* Killy and a 4* Talas. I think Killy is the only one who is no5 equipped. But I do think last time one of the specific event bonus crew provided an early atttack boost.
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just happy they made the Excelsior a 5* ship. I was almost convinced they were going to make it a 4* one and really mess things up. Can't wait to see what it looks like!

The blue accents on the secondary hull are all wrong, if this is the in-game model. Otherwise, pretty good from what they've showed us.

s9n0z4u6uco4.png
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

The blue accents on the secondary hull are all wrong, if this is the in-game model. Otherwise, pretty good from what they've showed us.

s9n0z4u6uco4.png

You mean the "Hanger Bay Doors" above the Deflector Dish? I think several versions of the model were made for different ships in the movies and shows. They may have looked at the wrong model.

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • I have a post in the Engineering Forum about the issues with the Excelsior's textures. No response yet. https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/18077/uss-excelsior-texture-error#latest
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    The intel deal has popped up early. What happens to the intel if the event hasn’t started?
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The intel deal has popped up early. What happens to the intel if the event hasn’t started?

I am sorry about that. I believe the Intel will need to be added once the event actually starts.
    If you've purchased it please submit a ticket and let me know the number so I can take care of it :)
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

I am sorry about that. I believe the Intel will need to be added once the event actually starts.
    If you've purchased it please submit a ticket and let me know the number so I can take care of it :)

Actually it looks like we will take care of it all tomorrow before the event starts.