Home The Bridge
Options

Bracelet Picard?

Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
What’s up with the gold bracelet on Mirror Picard in the Tank Tops / Right to Bare Arms packs? Are we updating art again? If so... in this case, why? “Gunshow” is already good - leave him be.

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like it is just for the offer art, I will bring it up :)
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    As it turns out, the art in the offer is the correct one.
    I am not sure why this is not reflected in the game but it will be amended in the future.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's an interesting art update. Subtle. I'm curious if anyone knows if it has any significance from the comic.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's an interesting art update. Subtle. I'm curious if anyone knows if it has any significance from the comic.

Looks like he wearing one in the comics......

yij0jwkdazca.jpg
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess he lost it in the most recent one:
    kaaeeakpt8uu.jpg
  • Options
    [KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭
    kaaeeakpt8uu.jpg

ugh, the artwork for the crew looks nothing like them
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    [KM]Videm wrote: »
    kaaeeakpt8uu.jpg

I was thinking the same. IDW can be very inconsistent. I collect comics and some artists are, shall we say, loose in their hold on detail. I've actually stopped and checked that I was reading the right title or issue before. They have some really good ones, but some look like early additions to the portfolio as a reminder of how far they came.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    [KM]Videm wrote: »
    kaaeeakpt8uu.jpg

I was thinking the same. IDW can be very inconsistent. I collect comics and some artists are, shall we say, loose in their hold on detail. I've actually stopped and checked that I was reading the right title or issue before. They have some really good ones, but some look like early additions to the portfolio as a reminder of how far they came.

I seem to recall G.I. Joe and Micronauts having continuity issues with the artwork. But, that might have involved changes in artists or even publishers. Been a while.

Also, that guy that created Deadpool CANNOT do feet......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    JayBeezyJayBeezy ✭✭✭
    Does anyone have a screenshot of the offer? I must have missed it.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    JayBeezy wrote: »

9wx11suqy4gd.png
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    JayBeezy wrote: »

9wx11suqy4gd.png

Mirror Picard must have got that bracelet from Wonder Woman.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    That is one gigantic bracelet....
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    I miss the santa hat.
  • Options
    If I remember the episode correctly, it's from Riker as a thanks for always supporting him and is engraved with "To my best bud."
  • Options
    Sneaky sneaky, I just noticed my Mirror JLP now has the bracelet!
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    If I remember the episode correctly, it's from Riker as a thanks for always supporting him and is engraved with "To my best bud."

I pity the fool!
  • Options
    Sneaky sneaky, I just noticed my Mirror JLP now has the bracelet!

That really does kind of bother me. There are hundreds of examples of character art that need more attention than this one.

Especially after the whole fiasco with them giving us a fifth free copy after we'd cited him, and then making him the monthly special in a campaign soon after that.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rarely start a thread, but when I do... I drink Dos Equis. Oops, sorry, got off track. When I do, I keep an eye on it, and I have to say that while the comic info has been informative, I ultimately need to reiterate my original point (to WRG). There was no reason to update the art for Mirror JLP. He was fine. Honestly there’s nothing bad about the update either (to my eyes) so I won’t care about that in the long-term, but this was simply not necessary. Was anyone asking for this? Was anyone calling you out for misrepresenting his depiction? When you have a dud, I get why you’d fix it. This one was a non-issue.

Rant over. 🖖
  • Options

But how will it affect his sex life?
  • Options

Well, I think he's right handed, so... not much? B)
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    I am going to add a bit of context to this, we made the change for Mirror Picard because that version was the one requested and approved by the license holder.
    That's the version that should have been in-game all along :)

I literally came to point out to the ones questioning that there are often legal and such considerations when artwork is used in a game. Such as it having to be the specified, approved artwork!

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    They were like, it’s great but where’s his bling?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

It might slow down at first, but once he's used to the extra weight, he'll make it so.
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭

To be fair, I don't think Liefeld can draw most parts of the body...

9ymkuhwcapzn.png

Ahhh, a Rob Liefeld reference. I wonder what the world looks like through his eyes. Do the people he sees have hands or feet?

nsb1yatoquhc.jpeg
  • Options
    Trollita wrote: »

To be fair, I don't think Liefeld can draw most parts of the body...

9ymkuhwcapzn.png

Ahhh, a Rob Liefeld reference. I wonder what the world looks like through his eyes. Do the people he sees have hands or feet?

nsb1yatoquhc.jpeg

He avoids drawing feet. Even he says he "cannot do feet". I mean, he can't do a normal looking torso, so I believe him.......
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am going to add a bit of context to this, we made the change for Mirror Picard because that version was the one requested and approved by the license holder.

So like, we're talking about a 3 year oversight on the incorrect art being added?
  • Options
    ALeeRocksALeeRocks ✭✭✭
    dext74 wrote: »

So like, we're talking about a 3 year oversight on the incorrect art being added?

But we are not talking about an Adira situation where the art was completely different here - a gold bracelet on his left wrist is a small enough detail that could easily be missed...