Home The Bridge
Options

Tribble Sulu stealth nerf - Unintended stat change in the process of being fixed - edited by ~Shan

Sky Cap 18Sky Cap 18 ✭✭✭
edited August 2021 in The Bridge
PSA to players: Tribble Sulu was stealth nerfed some time after the event ended. He went from a respectable but not game-breaking voyage #64 to a middling #154.

It's his base stats that took the hit, so have fun using him in his bonus faction event today!

CMD base dropped from 1006 to 956
SCI base dropped from 1280 to 1257

Don't bother checking your in-game mail for an announcement; you won't find one.

Comments

• Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Wow. And not a positive one…. 😡
    Wonder if any other crew was affected as well?
    7ull6yy76x6u.jpeg

Before the nerf:
    38hkpamhp2py.jpeg

•SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow with boosts he was over 1500 science for me. Now under. The quark in a pack is not an issue but this is. Stats should go up if anything, not this constant lowering of stats. Especially if not game breaking :'(
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sky Cap 18 , thank you for the warning.

WRG has been ruining a lot for me lately. :(
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Hate to sound like a broken record, but I am convinced that the people who are making these decisions do not actually play the game. This is outrageous, especially considering that it was post release and post event rewards of this crew.

I agree, it is infuriating, and outright scummy behavior. Chroniton refunds do not even come close to cutting it.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Not a small nerf. Stats are unboosted.
    7fhafxr83npg.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    I think the stats should be restored on this card or a very clear reason given for why the original stats just couldn't stand.
    To say the original stats were an error doesn't really make any sense, he wasn't unbalanced. I don't see any reason to upset the players that put in a lot of work for him. I trust this will be resolved and everyone will be satisfied. I am not worried.
    I have him 2/5 and I have faith that this will be fixed.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    This was an unintended change due to a tribble when merging code.
    We're looking at our options for a fix. Our apologies!

Thank you. I hope the stats get the slightest bump from the original. If you go too far, players who didn't compete as hard in the event will be mad. Good luck on finding a balance. :) 🤞
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    @Shan Have you tried beaming the whole kit and caboodle to the Klingon’s engine room, where they’ll be no tribble at all?
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Tribbles seem to be blamed for a lot! Stop the Tribble hate!

#lightheartedjoke

Solve the tribble problem in the mega and maybe the ones at WRG will go away too. :D

We got rid of some tribbles in the last event and this one started smoothly. Coincidence? I think not! ;)

I did notice this event started more smoothly.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you. I hope the stats get the slightest bump from the original. If you go too far, players who didn't compete as hard in the event will be mad. Good luck on finding a balance. :) 🤞

Back to what they were announced as would be just fine.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh, has anyone checked on the location of Larkin? Has he pulled an Agent Smith and come into the real world???
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options

That would be ok, but a small bump for the inconvenience would also be cool. My anecdotal observation of previous changes suggests that getting it exact rarely seems to work out. Thus my suggestion of erring on the high side by just a smidge. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be ok, but a small bump for the inconvenience would also be cool. My anecdotal observation of previous changes suggests that getting it exact rarely seems to work out. Thus my suggestion of erring on the high side by just a smidge. :)

That would be cool. Also boost Chekov’s stats.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    edited August 2021

That would be cool. Also boost Chekov’s stats.

If they do that, I may have to submit a ticket, lol. I cited Kirk and Larkin, bought a pack for Sato, and basically burned the bridge to recap packs. :D
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thx Shan
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Here's the new stats. I think it could push him into the top 60 voyagers.

j7hj0jznq7gd.jpg
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    p5ywjgk7on5z.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    p5ywjgk7on5z.jpeg

I’m waiting on a CAB, thank you. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Thx, I pushed hard to get a third star on him. Glad to see it got fixed!