Home The Bridge
Options

Voyage +150 Boni not available, due to Malon ship not (yet) in the game

edited September 2021 in The Bridge
I got as a new Voyage requirement the “+Malon” trait.

Due to the ship with the +150 boni - not in the game yet, my voyage might fall short 5 minutes to the next dilemma …

The ship only gets released in 6 days as part in packs and rewards of the next event …

62tb7853lg36.png

wgaqba0c4bnl.png

Why is the game already requiring a ship, which is not obtainable by any player yet? The pack is not on sale yet, nor did we have the chance of getting free tokens and level the ship up …
Looking for a fine fleet? With the game having reached the age of a small child, players went and newly joined. We are an active fleet and are also connected in friendship with Klingons. Grab your daily starbase donations. Get your daily Fleet Boss Battles rewards guaranteed? Chat about Trek? Want more than just the game? Consider joining [TLA] "The Liberal Alliance"Contact me in-game [TLA] Khazaan or even better on the LINE app, handle also "khazaan".

Comments

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Copying what I wrote in another post:

As soon as it appears in the Vault, it's up for grabs.

Just send a voyage with random crew, and immediately recall. I usually leave the voyage screen after sending it and then go back in to recall it, not sure if that's still necessary but it's habit. Doing this should reset the traits.
  • Options
    Oh, good idea. Ending the voyage directly should offer a new combination. I forgot that.
    Looking for a fine fleet? With the game having reached the age of a small child, players went and newly joined. We are an active fleet and are also connected in friendship with Klingons. Grab your daily starbase donations. Get your daily Fleet Boss Battles rewards guaranteed? Chat about Trek? Want more than just the game? Consider joining [TLA] "The Liberal Alliance"Contact me in-game [TLA] Khazaan or even better on the LINE app, handle also "khazaan".
  • Options
    OttoOtto ✭✭✭
    Does it? I always have the same voyage combination for more than a day. I often do quite the same voyage twice. Or say, must do.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Otto wrote: »
    Does it? I always have the same voyage combination for more than a day. I often do quite the same voyage twice. Or say, must do.

Sometimes it doesn't work the first time, but this is what I do any time I get a trait that won't give me a full antimatter bonus.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've run back to back identical voyages before. And I do mean ran them. Nine hours out, three or so back, and then do it all again.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    OttoOtto ✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

Sometimes it doesn't work the first time, but this is what I do any time I get a trait that won't give me a full antimatter bonus.

I tried it and called it back like 5 times or more. Getting out of the menu in between or even close the game and restart. No chance.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

I tried it and called it back like 5 times or more. Getting out of the menu in between or even close the game and restart. No chance.

Try sending it and leaving the voyage screen before going back to recall it. Something I'll go do something else quickly and then go back to recall it - that usually does does trick.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes the immediate recall works, but I have found (after some testing and suggestions by other players here) that you are more likely to get a change by running two three minute voyages. First, I restart the game. Then Make it just long enough to get the first drip of stuff, then recall. One run sometimes works, two often workes. If two doesn't work, wait until after gauntlet reset (5:00 for me) and try the process again. It usually works.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got as a new Voyage requirement the “+Malon” trait.

Due to the ship with the +150 boni - not in the game yet, my voyage might fall short 5 minutes to the next dilemma …

The ship only gets released in 6 days as part in packs and rewards of the next event …

62tb7853lg36.png

wgaqba0c4bnl.png

Why is the game already requiring a ship, which is not obtainable by any player yet? The pack is not on sale yet, nor did we have the chance of getting free tokens and level the ship up …

Once the data is in the game, it can be shown as the Trait needed. I got it last night, too.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I imagine this is a disadvantage to being able to see upcoming events a week earlier than previously. It's certainly unfortunate when it occurs, but it should also be fairly rare.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I imagine this is a disadvantage to being able to see upcoming events a week earlier than previously. It's certainly unfortunate when it occurs, but it should also be fairly rare.

The big problem is that once it is in the game and maxed out, it's AM is going to be 2250. So, even of "Malon" hits, it is only going to boost to 2400. A 5* Level 10 without a Trait Match is 2500. So, even maxed out, it is never going to be used once someone has a single 5* that is maxed out. It would be nice {f they want their new Ships to have any Voyage value} to have a Ship with an unique Trait be 5*.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Feel free to welcome me to the club…

lr7hjngi8t00.png
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options

The big problem is that once it is in the game and maxed out, it's AM is going to be 2250. So, even of "Malon" hits, it is only going to boost to 2400. A 5* Level 10 without a Trait Match is 2500. So, even maxed out, it is never going to be used once someone has a single 5* that is maxed out. It would be nice {f they want their new Ships to have any Voyage value} to have a Ship with an unique Trait be 5*.

Or make it so that a 4* plus AM bonus gives you more AM than a 5* ship without the bonus.

At least by 50 AM. Otherwise, maxing a 4* ship has no real incentive, besides either being a completist or simply liking the ship.
    On a side note, I sent a Sci/Med Voyage yesterday morning, did the dilemmas as I got a chance to, recalled it last night (new record of 9:53 for me- an improvement of 17 minutes for that combo), collected it this morning with breakfast, and I, literally, just sent the exact Voyage out, same War Veteran ship trait and same crew traits.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 5 second voyage trick absolutely works, sometimes it just takes two attempts. These need to be performed after the daily voyage reset.

Voyage specifics reset every 24 hours, and the time of this reset coincides exactly with the Gauntlet; when a Gauntlet ends, voyages reset too. Currently this occurs at 5:00 PM pacific time, adjust as needed for your timezone.
  • Options
    I’ve had the Malon voyage too. Frustrating. Given I often get offered the same voyage twice in a 24 hour period, I’d never thought to try brute force resetting it like you guys are suggestion… will give it a try next time I get a cruddy voyage!
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voyage Trait Frustration Order:
    1 - Dominion Ship. Like seriously why do these things never drop or how come they’re never Arena awards?
    2 - Everything else that I don’t have a 10/10 5* ship of.

I’m pretty far removed from low level play but would a 4* ship (and low level crew) even get you 6 hours? I remember struggling to consistently hit 8 hours but I had very few if any 5/5s then and there was no Collections and probably no Starbases in game.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Malon ship now has TWO elusive traits for 5* ships ...

- Malon
    - Freighter (max 4* ship)

Other non5* ship traits include:
    - Maquis (max 2* ship)
    - Tholian (max 4* ship)
    - Hirogen (max 4* ship)
  • Options
    This is so odd to me given the collection expansion extravaganzas. We’re getting tons of bonus stats if we whale enough (guilty) but then new ships like this limit or remove the 12 hour potential unless we go thru the motions to try and reset. If they did ships with these traits in packs but capable of max bonus I don’t think it would be popular but I’d support it. This game we all love needs to make monies and reward players who support it. Maybe that could be the mixed packs 👀
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Voyage Trait Frustration Order:
    1 - Dominion Ship. Like seriously why do these things never drop or how come they’re never Arena awards?
    2 - Everything else that I don’t have a 10/10 5* ship of.

I’m pretty far removed from low level play but would a 4* ship (and low level crew) even get you 6 hours? I remember struggling to consistently hit 8 hours but I had very few if any 5/5s then and there was no Collections and probably no Starbases in game.

I just finished the Dominion ship a few days ago! I was so relieved.
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Fitting that this is the Space Garbage Truck because if we're going to complain about this then we should also complain about the other garbage ship traits. Like Tholian and Freighter. No 5* ship with those traits means they're utterly useless unless you started the game 3 days ago and they're the only ships you have. Or Dominion which almost nobody has completed and you refuse to put into the Arena rotation even though the ship itself is has been in the game for over 3 friggin years. Same with the Breen ship.

Almost forgot about Maquis. KEKW
  • Options
    I didn't realize the Breen and Dominion ships were hard to finish. I'm just over two and a half years in and finished both, plus the *2 Borg Sphere in about the last ten days or so. Most of my unfinished ship are new to the portal or not in it yet. I have three, I think, that were existing when I joined that aren't finished, but they are level nine and I expect them to finish in six months or less.
  • Options
    Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    I’ve been getting that Malon Voyage Dip/Eng combo since Wednesday night. Each time I’ve done the brute force reset like I’ve done other times for other combos and this one just doesn’t want to move on. Frustrating. I’m going to wait a few hours then try again. Maybe that will do it.

Edited to add:
    After recalling a 2 hour voyage and then doing a 1 minute voyage it finally moved on to another combo with a Klingon ship I have finished.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took me about a day to lose the required Malon ship