Home Strange New Worlds

Strange New Worlds

w2z498hd7pwa.jpg
:)
Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.

Comments

• Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tango approves!

hoo3zq4roa6h.png
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I like the poster I am not quite sure what to make of it.
    Nevertheless I am looking forward to these new adventures :)
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

I believe it is a reference to TOS episode The Cage. Pike got to "see" his horse Tango, and has the line "I used to ride through here when I was a kid. It's not as pretty as some of the parkland around the big cities, but. That's Mojave. That's where I was born" so I am guessing its Pike on the horse. :)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe it is a reference to TOS episode The Cage. Pike got to "see" his horse Tango, and has the line "I used to ride through here when I was a kid. It's not as pretty as some of the parkland around the big cities, but. That's Mojave. That's where I was born" so I am guessing its Pike on the horse. :)

Aha! Thank you :)
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    aaaaaaahhh - also, goosebumps ^^
    aaaaaaahhh - also, goosebumps ^^

I know! Me too! :D
    edited March 2022
  • Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

What I found most interesting about this pic is the fact that he’s got Captain’s stripes and The Chair ™ is obviously meant to reflect the version seen in the full glory days of The Five Year Mission.

Well, that and the lack of need for a Man Girdle. 😝
  • I'm beyond excited for Strange New Worlds! I've been waiting for this since watching Pike, Number One, and Spock since the ending of season two of Discovery.
    What the hell is Enterprise BINGO?
    I'm beyond excited for Strange New Worlds! I've been waiting for this since watching Pike, Number One, and Spock since the ending of season two of Discovery.

They have recently been releasing little 1-minute clips featuring each character. I have not been this excited for a new show in a very long time! :)
    LOVED IT!! LOVED IT!! :D
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOVED IT!! LOVED IT!! :D

Likewise. Awesome first episode. And Anson Mount so nails it. I love the way he plays Pike :).
  • Agreed! I am not the Trekker most are here, but I have wanted this show more than anything since Discovery S2. They did not disappoint. Mount is great— and the rest of the cast look like they’ll be fun to watch as well.
    Here’s hoping the creatives remember these shows don’t all have to be depressing and have all of reality at risk every week.
    Still loving SNW....kind of weak though that Number One can't be just a powerful, highly intelligent and capable white human woman...had make her an alien. Loving Dr. M'benga, can't wait to see how the crew develops :)
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    But on the bright side to Number One: Traits incoming! :)
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
    Epi 5 was great! Series just keeps getting better! :)
    edited June 2022
    Anyone up for a game of Enterprise Bingo!!??!! :D SHAN! There is your team's next add to the game! :)

5pxkchzc4ny3.jpg
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Anyone up for a game of Enterprise Bingo!!??!! :D SHAN! There is your team's next add to the game! :)

5pxkchzc4ny3.jpg

You mean you want a STT original that is the result of sneaking a Tribble into the transporter buffer, don't you?!

Maybe not ;p

5pxkchzc4ny3.jpg

You mean you want a STT original that is the result of snaking a Tribble into the transporter buffer, don't you?!

Maybe not ;p

Hmm, leaving a tribble in the transporter buffer. What could go wrong?

6idt4mtmsfdp.jpg

:o
  • Man the latest episode just did Timelines's work on finding variants much easier.
    Steve Levy wrote: »
    Man the latest episode just did Timelines's work on finding variants much easier.

Was thinking the same thing. New collection as well: The Elysian Kingdom :)
  • Really strong first season, I'm going to enjoy the second one and I'm really happy we're getting SNW themed events.
  • Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Too soon, WRG. Too soon.
    mc3tpcsoea20.png
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sense a new pet crew coming for STT: Pike and Tango. <3 Also, I haven't watched SNW yet, but what I heard from other trekkies so far makes me a bit more confident to try this one out.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Jhamel wrote: »
    I sense a new pet crew coming for STT: Pike and Tango. <3 Also, I haven't watched SNW yet, but what I heard from other trekkies so far makes me a bit more confident to try this one out.

That's an excellent idea for a pet crew pairing! Btw the show is great...just in case you haven't seen it yet.
    What the hell is Enterprise BINGO?