Home The Bridge
Options

New in vault: Mestral

Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
bl0c094d5411.png

I generally don't make these threads, but I've been waiting for this crew forever and he's missing some significant traits. THANK YOU for making him a usable crew!

Maverick /ˈmav(ə)rɪk/
noun - an unorthodox or independent-minded person.
Similar: individualist, nonconformist, free spirit

I was hoping Mestral would be the first Maverick Vulcan in game (that honor went to Kov), but regardless he absolutely deserves it - it's the core of his character and he butts heads with the other Vulcans the entire episode because of it.
MESTRAL: One of those creatures could sustain us for some time.
STRON: Are you suggesting we eat it?
MESTRAL: It's logical to take extreme measures to survive.
STRON: Even resorting to savagery?
T'MIR: It's too dangerous.
MESTRAL: I'm willing to take the risk.
(Mestral walks off)
T'MIR: It'll be safer to go after dark. You can't risk being followed.
MESTRAL: I need to go now. I Love Lucy is on tonight.
T'MIR: You were engaging in intimate activity.
MESTRAL: I didn't initiate it.
T'MIR: You're to have no further contact with that woman.
MESTRAL: You can't make that decision.
T'MIR: I'm still in command.
MESTRAL: Command of what? Our mission is over. It's time to accept the fact that we may never leave this world.
MESTRAL: There's been an accident in the mine. At least twenty men are trapped. It could take the humans days to free them.
T'MIR: We can't interfere.
MESTRAL: They'll die. You'd let them suffocate. even if we could prevent it.
STRON: What if they see the weapon?
MESTRAL: We'll be certain they don't.
T'MIR: At best, these humans only live to be sixty or seventy. Is it worth the risk just to extend their lives a few more years?
STRON: We can't contaminate their culture.
MESTRAL: This has nothing to do with contamination. It has to do with compassion.
T'MIR: Compassion is an emotion.
MESTRAL: They're my friends, and I'm going to help them. Don't try to stop me.
STRON: That's what you've done, much closer than we anticipated. Your duty is to return to Vulcan and report your findings.
MESTRAL: There's still more to learn about these people.
T'MIR: All of them or just one?
MESTRAL: This has nothing to do with Maggie. She has helped me appreciate their culture, but I don't intend to remain in Carbon Creek.
T'MIR: Where would you go?
MESTRAL: To one of their larger cities at first. After that, I'm not certain. There's so much to see.
STRON: The High Command will never allow it. Tell him it's not possible. T'Mir?
T'MIR: Perhaps I can arrange for you to be on the next survey ship.
MESTRAL: In another twenty years, running more statistical scans from high orbit? That's not enough.

He's also missing:

Thief - steals something and doesn't return it. Costumed could also apply, though they end up being their day to day clothes for an extended period.
MESTRAL: We'll need to disguise ourselves.
(So they steal clothes off a line. T'Mir changes behind a sheet.)

Gambler - literally wagering on a game.
BILLY: Anybody up for a game? Quarter a ball?
JACK: (a student carrying books) I'll play.
BILLY: You better ask your mother, Jackie.
JACK: Come on, Mom, we could use the money.
MAGGIE: Go on upstairs and do your homework. I'll bring you up some dinner.
MESTRAL: I'm up for a game.
T'MIR: What are you doing? I told you not to speak to anyone.
MESTRAL: I can defeat him.
T'MIR: You don't even know the rules.
MESTRAL: It's simple.
BILLY: Wait a minute. We might be able to work something out. If you win, I'll pay up. If I win, your business associate has a drink with me.
MESTRAL: We accept your terms.
T'MIR: We do not.
MESTRAL: The game is based on simple geometry. It wouldn't challenge a Vulcan child.
T'MIR: No.
MESTRAL: We need their currency.

Xenoanthropology:
T'MIR: If we remain here, we'll die. This world's on the brink of self-annihilation.
MESTRAL: I don't believe that.
T'MIR: Because your fascination with this species is blinding you. You sit for hours each day in front of this idiotic device.
MESTRAL: I'm doing research. Perhaps if you spent more time observing human behavior you might not have such a pessimistic view of them.
T'MIR: Open your eyes. They revel in violence. They devote what little technology they have to devising ways of killing each other.
MESTRAL: So did we centuries ago. They just haven't realised their potential yet.
T'MIR: What potential?
MESTRAL: They have great empathy and compassion. Look how we've been made to feel welcome.
MESTRAL: It's unfortunate that you'll be leaving these people without experiencing one thing they have to offer.
STRON: Such as alcohol, frozen fish sticks, the constant threat of nuclear annihilation?
MESTRAL: There's much more to them. You just refuse to see it.
STRON: I've seen enough.
MESTRAL: I haven't. I plan to stay here.
STRON: If this is your attempt at humour
MESTRAL: They're on the verge of countless social and technological advancements. I have the unique opportunity to study an emerging species.
STRON: That's what you've done, much closer than we anticipated. Your duty is to return to Vulcan and report your findings.
MESTRAL: There's still more to learn about these people.

Comments

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you call Maverick I would call jerk. There were times he was doing what was right but at others times he was just being stubborn and insubordinate.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you call Maverick I would call jerk. There were times he was doing what was right but at others times he was just being stubborn and insubordinate.

Are you saying we should Chekov Maverick from his list of potential missing traits?