Home The Bridge

Current issues and Politics in game.

[SSR]Trollhammeren[SSR]Trollhammeren ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2022 in The Bridge
Can we please stop bringing politics and current issues into the game ?
Make a forum post , Facebook is also there...
I get reminded enough on a daily basis that there's a war 200Km from my location .

Comments

• Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to start microwaving the popcorn!!!
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Setting aside the history of politics in Star Trek, I kind of agree in this case. While it's nice to try and raise funds for humanitarian aid, it's also taking a political stance and a pretty in your face reminder (splash screen pop up) of something that some players may want to escape.

Since they are doing it anyways, I can only hope it's a success in providing care and support to those who need it.

+1 Totally agree.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    Slava Ukraini
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    I would call it war not politics. I am fine with it though I can understand players playing stt as an escape from real world issues and not wanting to be reminded of it especially if it is close to where they are.
    Let’s fly!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would call it war not politics. I am fine with it though I can understand players playing stt as an escape from real world issues and not wanting to be reminded of it especially if it is close to where they are.

War IS politics. The people declaring the war {and usually profiting from it} are not in the war. They are sending strangers to fight, kill, and die in it for their political {and often financial} gain.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was fine with a single popup, or if it was an in game message.. What bothers me is it pops up every time we launch the game and is in your face.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I was fine with a single popup, or if it was an in game message.. What bothers me is it pops up every time we launch the game and is in your face.

This. One time is plenty if people are able and willing to help.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found it an odd time to choose to have this appeal in STT.

Those of us that want/ are able to give to Ukraine likely already have - its been five weeks since Russia invaded (Donbas and Crimea much longer).

Why would we donate through STT? You're not offering to double the money or anything so we should just give directly to reputable charities.

On a separate note. I had asked for this forum account to be deleted (to avoid the temptation of stamping my feet) so I'm unsure why I'm able to post this, Shan?

This is a different account, the one you requested to have deleted, was deleted.
  • Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭

War IS politics. The people declaring the war {and usually profiting from it} are not in the war. They are sending strangers to fight, kill, and die in it for their political {and often financial} gain.

As those hip young interwebs Star Wars memesters might say…

Something… Something… Clausewitz.
  • Shan wrote: »
    I found it an odd time to choose to have this appeal in STT.

Those of us that want/ are able to give to Ukraine likely already have - its been five weeks since Russia invaded (Donbas and Crimea much longer).

Why would we donate through STT? You're not offering to double the money or anything so we should just give directly to reputable charities.

On a separate note. I had asked for this forum account to be deleted (to avoid the temptation of stamping my feet) so I'm unsure why I'm able to post this, Shan?

This is a different account, the one you requested to have deleted, was deleted.

I haven't created a new account. I will PM.
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter how or what WRG does, some people will always make it negative.
    It's human nature to have double standards.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should have been something like buy this pack (maybe a medical crew pack offer) and all proceeds go to the Red Cross.

This!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
    WRG has hit a new low with this one. Not matching donations or redirecting proceeds to the charity makes this a meaningless, pure PR move. Shame on you.

Still better than companies like Koch industries that continue to support Russia.
    Let’s fly!
    How about just keep it out of the game, so there are 0 discussions about this.

You did start this forum post and create this discussion so I find your last statement a bit perplexing. Are you finding this forum discussion vexing as well or where you simply speaking to in game? These discussions can go on for a long time once started. Contacting customer support directly can also be helpful in future if you were looking to avoid creating future forum discussions like this one.
    Let’s fly!
  • Can we please stop bringing politics and current issues into the game ?
    I get reminded enough on a daily basis that there's a war 200Km from my location .

Amen 🖖

I would personally would prefer wicked realm games stay 100% out of the realm of politics and current events. Please stick to Star Trek and Mobile Gaming. Thank you

÷Dr. Claire Finn - Admiral of the Battleship Yamato & Founder of both the Battleship Yamato & ISS Yamato
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Kim-Novak wrote: »

It's not politics, it's humanity. Helping those who have lost everything in a month or less.

So before the horrible Ukraine war there wasn t such a thing anywhere,
    or worth of, in the world?
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    @Zombie Squirrel There has been charity links in the game before. Natural disasters and not a war, but they aren't new. I'm thinking the wildfires in Australia and an earthquake or tsunami a couple years ago. I don't remember which now, but this isn't a first.
    Red Cross has a bad rep in my family, so I went with Doctors Without Borders. They show specifically what certain amounts buy. This much pays for a suture kit. This much does a blood transfusion. This amount will pay for a burn kit. I like the less abstract idea.
    As for the Red Cross...
    People donated to the Red Cross during WW2 for the soldiers and civilians and they were charging the soldiers for it. I only heard the whole story once from my great uncle, before he died in 1999, and condensed versions from older relatives a time or two. He really didn't talk about the war much at all.
    Uncle John was a tail gunner. There was a very large raid with heavy losses. RC was set when these guys got back. Everyone was writing letters, postcards, telegrams to family so they wouldn't worry. He had a postcard, but his pen was dry. He couldn't BORROW a pen to scribble the two sentences and an address to reassure his dad and stepmom, but they would SELL a stationary set with a pen. We go with the USO after that. He thought a lot of them.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    Kim-Novak wrote: »

It's not politics, it's humanity. Helping those who have lost everything in a month or less.

So before the horrible Ukraine war there wasn t such a thing anywhere,
    or worth of, in the world?

All I am saying is that it is the the right thing to do, as with the other tragic events. I donated to DEC weeks ago
This discussion has been closed.