Home The Holodeck

Hunting for ideas- "19 x 1901" and "23 x 1906" as other than math or dimensions

I've collected militaria for years and I come up on mysteries from time to time, but has anyone ever seen something presented in the above format? It's from the patch for the Brazilian Air Force Academy.
kmel8xauye8e.jpg
I've got two dates and a quote from Virgil. The in between is stumping me. I've posted through my FB. It thought I'd throw it out here for the crowd. My OCD does not like incomplete data cards. :D Besides variety is fun. Anyone Brazilian?
W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*

Comments

• ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    I've collected militaria for years and I come up on mysteries from time to time, but has anyone ever seen something presented in the above format? It's from the patch for the Brazilian Air Force Academy.
    kmel8xauye8e.jpg
    I've got two dates and a quote from Virgil. The in between is stumping me. I've posted through my FB. It thought I'd throw it out here for the crowd. My OCD does not like incomplete data cards. :D Besides variety is fun. Anyone Brazilian?

@W.W. Carlisle , I think those refer to important October dates ("X" being the Roman numeral) in Brazilian aviation history, specifically 19 October 1901 and 23 October 1906. Check out this link from Wikipedia for more info (scroll down & click on "20th century":

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Brazilian_history
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, @~peregrine~ ! I just spotted this. A guy on a militaria forum suggested they could be dates, but had no idea the significance. He only recognized them as such, because it's a thing when handwriting in German, which is his area of expertise. Looks like I can finish my entry and move on to something else.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*