Home Make It So!

Ship Schematic Conversion

A lot of us have extra ship schematics for some ships, while not fully leveling other ships. I'd like to see a mechanism introduced to convert schematics for one ship into those for another.

It could be limited to ships in the portal, so that it doesn't take away the incentive to buy packs when new ships are released. And it could be set at a high ratio, so you can't just immediately complete all ships. Or maybe the ratio varies based on how long the ship has been in the portal, with older ships being worth less.

It would just be nice to have something to do with the extra schematics that's related to building ships, rather than producing replicator rations.

Comments

• Agreed! After 3 years of play, I still have 2 2* ships that are incomplete.
  • RocheRoche ✭✭
    +10.
  • I think the easiest way to address this would be to have a schematic converter that works like the replicator ration maker; select the ship schematic you wish to make and then choose which other schematics you will use to make it.
    Rarity would work the same: within the same rarity, schematics would convert 1:1, and scale up or down as you change rarity. For example, using 4* schems to make 5* would be 5:1, and the reverse would be 1 5* schem would convert to 5 4* schems.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    DaiMon Bok wrote: »
    I think the easiest way to address this would be to have a schematic converter that works like the replicator ration maker; select the ship schematic you wish to make and then choose which other schematics you will use to make it.
    Rarity would work the same: within the same rarity, schematics would convert 1:1, and scale up or down as you change rarity. For example, using 4* schems to make 5* would be 5:1, and the reverse would be 1 5* schem would convert to 5 4* schems.

Good idea, but convert will never be 1:1. Otherwise everyone will have all their ships ready very fast. You can get so many schematics with dabo wheel it is crazy.
  • I would also like to see when in ship schematics if the ship is fully complete. I have to keep a list of Max ship so I don't use schematics that I need as fodder for replications. Having schematics of max lvl ships marked or a different color,it would make it easier to play the game away from home.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of us have extra ship schematics for some ships, while not fully leveling other ships. I'd like to see a mechanism introduced to convert schematics for one ship into those for another.

It could be limited to ships in the portal, so that it doesn't take away the incentive to buy packs when new ships are released. And it could be set at a high ratio, so you can't just immediately complete all ships. Or maybe the ratio varies based on how long the ship has been in the portal, with older ships being worth less.

It would just be nice to have something to do with the extra schematics that's related to building ships, rather than producing replicator rations.

This would be cool, and something players have asked for previously. Much like how older cards are added to the portal after a time, ships schemes to be replicated could be added chronologically.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • This has been asked for for years
  • Good afternoon,
    I would like to add my voice, for what it's worth, as a relative newcomer to this request.

For me it's a question of "purism". I have just achieved the schematics to build a Klingon vessel but I don't WANT a Klingon vessel. I only wish to build, and use, Starfleet vessels.

The only thing I've been able to figure out is using the schematic points in the replicator. A "Conversion Method" to required vessels would be a awesome addition.

Live Long and Prosper,
    T.
    “Those who dream by day are cognisant of many things which escape those who dream only by night"~ E.A. Poe
  • ZakZak ✭✭
    Or convert into a wildcard token to purchase from a curated list of ship schematics, similar to the way in which some are made available in the Honor Hall.

I would prefer something other than training credits. There are six slots. Why not turn our surplus schematics into merits, or honor.
  • What about the idea:
    Make ship leveling more expensive (more parts needed) OR reduce the amount of schematics you get.
    AND:
    No more ship specific schematics. Reduce them to 5, one kind of schematics for each * and you can build the ships you like. No more thousands of useless Cube/Krayton/Bounty/Prakesh/ISS Defiant/ISS Enterprise schematics which midgame player onwards have maxed long ago.
  • It's not just ship schematics, it is also trainers, space station components, replicator rations, inter stellar matter. There are quite some 'currencies' within the system which tend to 'spill over'.
    Interestingly the same used to apply to credits, but that vanished with the introduction of Crew Retrieval...
  • It's not just ship schematics, it is also trainers, space station components, replicator rations, inter stellar matter. There are quite some 'currencies' within the system which tend to 'spill over'.
    Interestingly the same used to apply to credits, but that vanished with the introduction of Crew Retrieval...

The obvious answer would be to let us sell a lot of stuff we don't need for currency. But the developers are probably reluctant to do that since they want to sell currency for real $$$$.

I see quite a few "Got It? Want It?" systems in other casual games where the game grabs some items you have in excessive amounts and offers to trade you for an item you need.

That system would add some fun to the game, and also let the developers possibly make $$$$ too since you could give players the option of re-rolling the offer for dilithium.

Neelix used to barter for Voyager in the Delta quadrant. Seems like he could do the same thing in Timelines. Ask you for 500 ship schematics or trainers, or replicator rations in return for a couple of those science experiments that I never have enough of!