Home Ready Room

Muad'Dave's FBB Combo Tool

MuadDaveMuadDave ✭✭✭
edited October 2022 in Ready Room
Hey everyone, I've put together a Fleet Boss Battles combo node crew finder. I know others have created similar tools, but take a look and use it if you find it helpful.

Current version: 1.2 (2022 September 6)
With the release of the Datacore FBB tools, I'm retiring this project.

Muad'Dave's FBB Combo Tool

Comments

• JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    Seems to work well. I will probably have a copy of this up as an open fleet file during coordinated attacks so Starport can edit and coordinate easily.

I had an issue in one of my sheets that I needed to solve that overlapped with what could help yours, so I did a bit of testing and work. See my edits here. Let me know if you have any questions. This will auto populate everything from now on and do a bit extra. Traits are generated in sheet 8, displayed in sheet 9, and have some stats about traits for fun. Data validation for options was expanded, so as traits are added they will appear and be in your drop down boxes. The # of matches for a combo is in both the settings sheet as you enter it and in the checklist sheet, giving the user indication of how many possible matches there are in real time. Also, I added a "Duplicate detector" in sheet 2, so when you put in the traits on the board it will show the number of duplicates on the list. If the # of duplicates exceeds 0, it sets the cell to format to red. I'm not sure how your sheet is handling duplicates, so I assumed it would be nice to have that flagged and instruction to not delete both, just the given initially. Tested those things and it seems to work okay.

After that, the "tried" checkbox seems to only set the crew name to strike through font via a conditional formatting rule. Could you make some columns in tab 8 for if the crew has been tried for each node and then lookup if the trait is in the in the same row as any crew with the tried flag and remove it from the pool for that node if so? That would probably require you to make separate lists of traits for each node to track. I'd say it's possible, but not straight forward.

Nice work. Hope some of that helps.

JB
  • MuadDaveMuadDave ✭✭✭
    JimBerlin wrote: »

JB

Thank you! I'm integrating your content now.
  • JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    MuadDave wrote: »
    JimBerlin wrote: »

JB

Thank you! I'm integrating your content now.

We used a copy of it last night and it definitely helped and was when i had a solution, it was correct.

unknown.png
    unknown.png

I set the permissions to where anyone with the link could edit and then posted the link in our fleet discord. We will use it today for our "boss raid". I've got one more quick addition I may make and will PM you.

The "tried" functionality is the biggest gap that would make this even better.

• Is there any way to automate the checklist to that checking off a crew also checks off a) the same crew in other slots or b) other crew in the same slot with the exact same trait array?

Or if not check them off automatically, let the user know that the crew member or their trait array appear multiple places so they can manually check off the appropriate crew?

Thanks for this tool, by the way. My fleet is just starting to use it and I think it'll really help us get through tougher difficulties faster.
  • MuadDaveMuadDave ✭✭✭
    Maybe! I'll need to do some more tinkering to see if I can figure out a multi-checkmark function.
  • Also, how we denote when we've solved one of the nodes (and thus removed traits from the potential solutions list)?
  • Hi MuadDave, thanks for the spreadsheet. ive been using a lot and help me to narrow the crew that unlock the nodes.
    theres so much to improve to make it better.
    it seems it was done at the beggining of bb. and it focus more in crew than traits.
    example federation + ????
    pool: human, starfleet
    spreadsheet throw back 322 crew that fulfill fed+human or fed+starfleet
    i need the pool of all the ones that have the 2 option and then if not the list that fill one or the other like in separate list or something.
    worst case scenario i need to test 2 crews, best case 1.

(I dont know anything of how to make a spreadsheet, is it posible to return the crew list with that order, amount of matching traits)
    instead of the list of crew that fulfill a node, a list like this for node 1
    human, starfleet. human. starfleet
    - crew1. -crew1. crew1
    - crew2. -crew n. crew2
    - crew n. crew n

again thanks for sharing this and hope you can do the 1.2 version with more features, cheers!
  • MuadDaveMuadDave ✭✭✭
    Also, how we denote when we've solved one of the nodes (and thus removed traits from the potential solutions list)?

I recommend simply deleting the traits used from the input screen.
    Lee Brako wrote: »
    Hi MuadDave, thanks for the spreadsheet. ive been using a lot and help me to narrow the crew that unlock the nodes.
    theres so much to improve to make it better.
    it seems it was done at the beggining of bb. and it focus more in crew than traits.
    example federation + ????
    pool: human, starfleet
    spreadsheet throw back 322 crew that fulfill fed+human or fed+starfleet
    i need the pool of all the ones that have the 2 option and then if not the list that fill one or the other like in separate list or something.
    worst case scenario i need to test 2 crews, best case 1.

(I dont know anything of how to make a spreadsheet, is it posible to return the crew list with that order, amount of matching traits)
    instead of the list of crew that fulfill a node, a list like this for node 1
    human, starfleet. human. starfleet
    - crew1. -crew1. crew1
    - crew2. -crew n. crew2
    - crew n. crew n

again thanks for sharing this and hope you can do the 1.2 version with more features, cheers!

I've been on vacation and unable to update, but I have an idea about returning a list of "most useful" crew. Do we know that combos trigger when I have "one human crew and another starfleet crew" instead of "one crew with both human and starfleet"? That is contrary to my understanding of how it works, but I could be wrong!
  • I haven't seen a recent update of this tool. My fleet has been using a modified version of it extensively. I got a modified version from JimBerlin that he had modified for Starport's use and then I made a number of bug fixes and changes based on his version. I'm posting it here so the changes can be made available to the community, either to be taken into Muad'Dave's version or otherwise be used freely.

Here are the changes in this version:
    - Various of JimBerlin's updates, one big one being the use of tabs to split out Nodes instead of Difficulties.
    - Make it so you can just type the first characters of the trait then hit enter.
    - Order crew by traits, so that crew with duplicate traits are next to each other and easier to see as a group.
    - Show the number of unique trait groups under the number of crew matches. This uses a simple method that counts Federation+Starfleet as different from just Starfleet.
    - Fixed some of the trait spellings (eg. Padronian vs. Pandronian or Kraylor vs. Kraylon and missing traits like Tandaran).
    - Fixed trait matching so that Klingon or Cardassian doesn't match Klingon-Cardassian Alliance.
    - Fixed issue with trait's listed for node 5 (was including the known trait).
    - Fixed issue with crew members being included that only match 1 trait, when 2 are required and when there are duplicate possible traits.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tKULIp30Krv6wY_s5oj3b6CCkGrFIUpYFZ2xvYoaUrg/edit#gid=1942976
  • MuadDaveMuadDave ✭✭✭
    Thanks! I'll take a look.
  • Lee BrakoLee Brako ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Ganon wrote: »
    I haven't seen a recent update of this tool. My fleet has been using a modified version of it extensively. I got a modified version from JimBerlin that he had modified ......

its this the latest version?
    where i can find the latest version of the exo's copy of starport's copy of muad dave FBB combo tool?

in the settings tab if we tick the tried box, all the row turns grey and cross with a line, but in the Nodes tab (node 1 tab, node 2 tab, etc..) that doesnt happen. is possible to add that in future versions?
    great work, so far its the best tool to getting nodes Congratulations and
    thanks

found a patch to fix this (not the best cause idk how to program a spreadsheet)
    "copy entire Column B and paste to Column A, then delete Column B"
    theres a problem with the conditional cell formula but i couldnt change a6 for b6
  • I anticipate releasing a new version today, in time for FBB's relaunch.
  • With the newest release of the Datacore FBB tools, I'm retiring this project.