Home Engineering Room

Unable to add friend to fleet with open slots

I added a friend via email address using the Friends feature in the top right corner of the game. I keep sending them invites, but when they click on the invite to join and then tap "confirm" either nothing happens or their game crashes.

They are in Canada and I'm in the US, if that matters. When they search the fleets for my fleet ("A Bit Like Collecting Dolls" my fleet doesn't get listed for them, and when I search users for their name in the fleet invite section ("Fluffy", level 80) they never show up.

Are we just not allowed to add players from other countries or something?

Comments

• DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Leperflesh wrote: »
    I added a friend via email address using the Friends feature in the top right corner of the game. I keep sending them invites, but when they click on the invite to join and then tap "confirm" either nothing happens or their game crashes.

They are in Canada and I'm in the US, if that matters. When they search the fleets for my fleet ("A Bit Like Collecting Dolls" my fleet doesn't get listed for them, and when I search users for their name in the fleet invite section ("Fluffy", level 80) they never show up.

Are we just not allowed to add players from other countries or something?

This way of adding someone has never worked. The best alternative is to have them use the fleet search bar to find you. Then come in your fleet that way. If the fleet search remains not working your fleet is likely on the “closed” setting. If you cant find fluffy maybe they are still in another fleet or not active. Have them remove from their fleet if not already done and search fluffy while they are actively online.

Hope this helps. 🖖🏻
  • Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    They do need to be out of their current fleet before they show up in the add box. Maybe that's (part of) the problem?
  • Fluffy is not in a fleet currently. Our fleet is set to "anyone can join." When Fluffy searches for our fleet name, it doesn't show up in the results.
    Are you an officer?
    If so you can invite them from the members list, or an officer can.
  • When I search "Fluffy" in the members list, he's not one of the results (there's a billion people with that name as all or part of their username). I can tell he's not one of them because none of them are level 80. Some of the results are people who haven't logged in in years. The game doesn't sort by recency of login which makes the search nearly useless for people who don't have unique user names.
    We had to do that for someone recently.
    What we did is have them temporarily change their name to something unique, invite them in, and then they changed it back.
  • DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    We had to do that for someone recently.
    What we did is have them temporarily change their name to something unique, invite them in, and then they changed it back.

Another good work-a-round. Thanks for the pitching in. 😁👍🏻
  • I'm Fluffy. For me the searching for the fleet doesn't work. It just doesn't show up under suggested fleets. I tried to accept invites a couple times and it failed, so I looked at the invite really closely this last time and it says it is 50/50. Apparently that isn't true, but it explains why I can't search for the fleet in the suggested fleets list, I guess.

I'll try changing my name and see how that goes. Thanks for the help.
  • I've cleared another roster slot - it looks like maybe one of my fleetmates had sent a simultaneous invite? But also I found Fluffy's new name and sent an invite via the fleet invite tool so hopefully that works.

It does appear that the friend invite function is broken, and also that viewing the list of fleet members from different accounts (on different platforms) yields different numbers of members. Some kind of fleet membership sync problem?
  • LeperfleshLeperflesh ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    We continue to be unable to add my buddy to my fleet. They see the fleet as being full, 50/50, even though it shows as 49/50 or fewer to me and to another fleet member. Something must be bugged. @shan when you return can you help?
  • DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    Everything seems buggy right now. Nothing is working correct except to fly through dailies if you can without getting bounced. My entire fleet is missing. Or not. Im sure they are there but it shows 0/50 with no squads and no chats.
    Event is glitched again
    Boss is glitched
    Everything is a mess
  • DAE wrote: »
    Everything seems buggy right now. Nothing is working correct except to fly through dailies if you can without getting bounced. My entire fleet is missing. Or not. Im sure they are there but it shows 0/50 with no squads and no chats.
    Event is glitched again
    Boss is glitched
    Everything is a mess

Sorry for the delay. We are short staffed on the community side this week. Our fleet sear functionality is cap sensitive as well. I get the best results if I type out the full fleet name. Another way would be for you and your friend to both post a message in the universe chat and become friends that way.
  • DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    @WRG Ben yes @Shan is out this week. We know. Thank you for the reply and effort. This is not my thread. I was just helping someone because shan is out. Now i will help you by re-directing your response to the correct person.

Ben, a few months back shan had mentioned interest in putting together a working group to add insight from players. Is this still something being considered? Thank you. 🖖🏻
  • DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    @Leperflesh WRG Ben mis-directed the reply to me. Read above please. Ben suggest searching fir fleet in full caps.
  • Yeah we've worked out how to find each other and make friends, the issue now is that my fleet shows 49/50 permanently for fleet members but 50/50 for non-fleet members and it's preventing us from adding a 50th person. At least, that appears to be the issue, there might be another one preventing our friend from joining.

I actually went down the list of members in the fleet view and counted manually and there's 49. We must have a phantom fleet member somehow.
  • DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    @Leperflesh this is likely why your fleet wont show up in listings. If the system thinks it 50/50 its “closed” by default. And often unsearchable. Maybe get a fleet mate to volunteer for jumping out then back in. Might reboot it. Unfortunately SB rewards would be lost for 24 hours. Entry, Re-entry membership cooldown.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for the help, when a discrepancy in fleet member number is found, please contact Support. So @Leperflesh if you have not already done so, please explain the situation via ticket. Thank you!