Home The Bridge

Event Discussion: Galaxy Event Holo-Business - 2022-09-08 - Announcement live!

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2022 in The Bridge
The in-game announcement will be delayed, some images need to be cajoled into place.
There will be a slight art change for AGIMUS.

Event notes: https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/19676/galaxy-event-notes-holo-business-2022-09-08/

Comments

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    TWO new Jeffrey Combs AND a new Arex??

Well this is very exciting.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Three including the green Tardis.

The much awaited Coombs event.

I suppose the next question will be when are we getting the Coombs collection?

lskqc063vsn1.jpg
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    When will we get the Far Beyond the Stars collection?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Bonus crew
    • high bonus: event crew
    • small bonus: variants of Shran, Weyoun, Brunt, crew with the ‘scoundrel’ trait, and Penk
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is fantastic. My mom is even excited, once she figured it out.

Me: Check out the crew. What do you see?

Her: Well, that's what's his name. I only see two. Oh, the box in the middle is the computer from the cartoon. Wait, are they ALL Jeff Combs?

Me: Even the new 2*. Scoundrel or Combs takes bonus. (Reads event description.)

Her: This is gonna be good.

I hope she's right!
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
    This is fantastic. My mom is even excited, once she figured it out.

Me: Check out the crew. What do you see?

Her: Well, that's what's his name. I only see two. Oh, the box in the middle is the computer from the cartoon. Wait, are they ALL Jeff Combs?

Me: Even the new 2*. Scoundrel or Combs takes bonus. (Reads event description.)

Her: This is gonna be good.

I hope she's right!

I missed the note about the new 2*!

SO rare to see Mr. Combs's real face!

m5rpc4yyfcl7.gif
  • edited August 2022
    Shan wrote: »
    Our writer and myself may have pestered for this to happen, it is impossible to know <angelic grin>

I gotta say “oops all Combs’s” is a delightful idea for an event!
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which Star Trek show is the new 2* crew from? Never heard that crew name.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • (A) Traveling Man(A) Traveling Man ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhamel wrote: »
    Which Star Trek show is the new 2* crew from? Never heard that crew name.

DS9. It's another Coombs from Far Beyond the Stars, I believe.
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The event has now been announced in the event hub :)
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Ah, I knew the avatar after I saw it on Bigbook, but the name alone didn't ring a bell. Thankies, Traveler! <3

This is kinda screaming for a "Far Beyond The Stars" collection, as we have so many cards of that episode already by now. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Oh, very well played, WRG.
  • Nitpick: Lt Arex has an extra right Hand while Captain Arex has a left hand 🤨

ar0kbymv3gjm.jpg
    p1z0r652p08s.jpg
  • AviTrek wrote: »

FBTS mega

Plenty more crew to be done
    AviTrek wrote: »

FBTS mega

Plenty more crew to be done

I'm hoping that we'll get some great DS9 content next year. The series will be 30 in January and there is still a lot of great crew to add. "Lumba". The Magnificent Ferengi. PW Jake. Joran Dax. The missing Niners. Maritza. First Minister Shakaar. Blaze of Glory Kor. The Tandros and Els Renora....So many.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nitpick: Lt Arex has an extra right Hand while Captain Arex has a left hand 🤨

ar0kbymv3gjm.jpg
    p1z0r652p08s.jpg

Maybe he is multidextrous.

ar0kbymv3gjm.jpg
    p1z0r652p08s.jpg

That wouldn't make his thumb move from one side to the other on any hand.
    Well, some people have fingers that are so flexible they can grasp things backwards, like a bottle. Perhaps, Arex's third hand has TWICE the range of motion as one of ours, meaning it can be an extra right or left as needed. That would make good sense actually.
    RC Austin wrote: »
    Nitpick: Lt Arex has an extra right Hand while Captain Arex has a left hand 🤨

ar0kbymv3gjm.jpg
    p1z0r652p08s.jpg

That wouldn't make his thumb move from one side to the other on any hand.

rwdf786oypzs.gif
  • At least it's not a Mega Event.

ar0kbymv3gjm.jpg
    p1z0r652p08s.jpg

I've just checked (luckily TAS is still on Netflix where I am) and I'm pretty sure this is another situation like the ranks in SNW where WRG are faithfully reproducing the inconsistencies in the source material ...
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find the two heads to be very different.