Home The Bridge

New Free Uhura - Musician Please?

JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
As most Uhuras do, I hope the new Uhura will have the Musician treat, because we are at 81 total crew only, and the max threshold is 80 (super hard to achieve without spending 100k honor for Worf and even then it's hard, because Grey isn't in the portal). Just wanted to say it out loud before she gets released and the developurrs might sneak the treat into her genes if she hasn't got it yet.
"Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")

Comments

• W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes sense. I've always wondered why North Star Tucker isn't one. He played his harmonica before trading it for a horse.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed! Purrhaps we could think of a few more existing crew that would deserve "Musician" while we're at it, so it would become even a bit easier to fill the collection without having to spend dozens of citations on 1/5 crew that is otherwise pretty useless (because very old such as Trelane).
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
    edited September 2022
    Should the Whales also have the trait? Their "song" saved Earth.
    Am I wrong in thinking O'Brien should have it as well? He played cello in Data's quartet and, I think, his dad even applied to a music school for him, but he chose Starfleet instead.
    What about Boimler, Mariner, Tendi, and Ransom? We've seen all of them playing an instrument.

I'd also like for variants of Hoshi to get Gambler. The woman got kicked out of officers' training for breaking a guy's arm when he caught her running a card game on weekends! She was totally the ship's bookie.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think anyone who has touched a musical instrument or sung on screen should automatically get the trait. There has to be some back story or multiple appearances that a character has musical ability.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind if that was the case, but then the whole collection would be maybe 25% of the size it is now, and all thresholds would have to be undone, resulting in less purrformance than now.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think anyone who has touched a musical instrument or sung on screen should automatically get the trait. There has to be some back story or multiple appearances that a character has musical ability.

Which Uhura has......
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Here you go. Are three different instances enough for you?

https://youtu.be/QDTS8U0Uawk

https://youtu.be/NjE4yHQ5ENU

https://youtu.be/PZu5f3mdh9Y
    I was referring more to a situation like Tucker playing a harmonica. Uhura's musical prowess has been shown several times on the TOS, ST 5 movie, and even in SNW.
    I was referring more to a situation like Tucker playing a harmonica. Uhura's musical prowess has been shown several times on the TOS, ST 5 movie, and even in SNW.

I can give you three for Tucker. Besides playing and selling it in "North Star", he played it in his quarters in "Precious Cargo" and T'Pol made a dig at him about it in "Horizon". He carried the thing with him and his shipmates knew he played. I thought that variant might be like Jazz Riker or Sous Chef Sisko.

I have no argument with Uhura either. I suggested ONE variant of Trip when he certainly played and mentioned a couple of others that MIGHT have been overlooked. Spock, Uhura, Kim, and Data usually have the trait, even non-musical variants. I wondered if O'Brien should have the same.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

Here you go. Are three different instances enough for you?

https://youtu.be/QDTS8U0Uawk

https://youtu.be/NjE4yHQ5ENU

https://youtu.be/PZu5f3mdh9Y

You're missing her scenes from SNW too - I think she has more than proven herself a musician.
    Shan wrote: »
    Pathfinder Uhura will have the 'musician' trait :)

78dsrgu0ecr2.gif
    SIX Collections!
    Thank you for honoring her with a great art and stats. Well done.
    9p2wvnql90tu.jpeg
    b7snmrdaana2.jpeg
    kjegp3ay42rb.jpeg
    wvrobgc2lqqw.jpeg

Incredible artwork!

• JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Pathfinder Uhura will have the 'musician' trait :)

Thankies, Shan! <3
  • Seems she was released 1h before the start of the OE and before the time
    in the official announcement(4:00 UTC instead of 5:00 UTC).
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky for those who meowticed in time and FTM'd her. :)
    I’m not sure if there is supposed to be a person in the astronaut suit or not. If so, shouldn’t she be in A Little Stroll collection?
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    She is?
    edited September 2022
    I’m not sure if there is supposed to be a person in the astronaut suit or not. If so, shouldn’t she be in A Little Stroll collection?

It's one of the six she is in.

5wygpcbrauvu.jpg
    Really getting fed up with the Items a lot of people need a lot of that are not available in a Mission or Battle. This is only in the Maquis Faction Center/Shuttles. Which are not an option because one of the Objectives for her requires Federation Shuttles. And the higher level Novels need the 2* to build for many crew.

hsjvvzrh0rxr.jpg
    ml9b9d7zypks.jpg

Am I doing something wrong? I'm starting to have a stockpile of some of those items from shuttles.
    vvnfawn3wtup.png

Am I doing something wrong? I'm starting to have a stockpile of some of those items from shuttles.
    vvnfawn3wtup.png

That is good. Since they are used so often and always used in multiples!

I try to make good use of my "free" shuttles, when not doing something specific for an event. I've needed a lot of Encoded Comms 2* lately and this is the collateral items.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's a relatively challenging build, which honestly feels fitting.
    edited September 2022
    robownage wrote: »
    She's a relatively challenging build, which honestly feels fitting.

That is a valid point. For real life and game reasons.

I try to make good use of my "free" shuttles, when not doing something specific for an event. I've needed a lot of Encoded Comms 2* lately and this is the collateral items.

Yeah. it's kind of rough when there are several things to work on and they are all in different Factions. Section 31 and Augments both give things that get used a lot in decent numbers.

My personal least favorite thing is that Psychological Evaluation Hologram . Literally all three sub-components use that Alpha Wave Inducer thing. {Well, one Sub-Component IS the Alpha Wave Inducer at various Star levels as you get higher in the Stars of the Hologram.} But, at least it can be farmed in a mission. IF you have the Chronitons for that.

https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Psychological_Evaluation_Holoprogram
    So. Uhura Dupe-worthy? I can Cite her out and then use the last Event copy to start a second one.

She might hit some good Crit Bonus Combos for Gauntlet. With decent Rolls.

acw1w0s8jg2g.jpg
    nd1ke24j4bib.jpg

• Anyone else notice the flavor text?
    "...impact on the cosmos cannot be understated..."

if you cannot understate something then whatever you say, the reality is worse or lower. The text should read "...cannot be overstated..." Unless I completely missed the point of this special edition crew.
    RJ Smooth wrote: »
    Anyone else notice the flavor text?
    "...impact on the cosmos cannot be understated..."

if you cannot understate something then whatever you say, the reality is worse or lower. The text should read "...cannot be overstated..." Unless I completely missed the point of this special edition crew.

Yeah.

They got it backwards.