Home The Bridge

Event Discussion: Faction Event - Varied Tale - 2022-11-24

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting that even more Shakespeare in Space crew the following week. I loved that episode and dig the new Crewmembers!

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Interesting, back to back new Legendary crew with the very same skill set
    and almost identical overall stats.

0par4qmpgakz.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • What I want to know is if King Ridley M'Benga is crew for the December mega or not 👀
    Definitely going to try and rank for him regardless, his art (and Queen Neve's) is simply stunning!
    Come and join the Star Trek Timelines Discord! https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ
    Let's Fly!
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, back to back new Legendary crew with the very same skill set
    Glad I wasn't the only one to notice that. Actually, the more I consider it, I'm probably the 1000th person to notice it, so I'll revise to... glad I'm not the first one to point it out. Interesting indeed.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Glad I wasn't the only one to notice that. Actually, the more I consider it, I'm probably the 1000th person to notice it, so I'll revise to... glad I'm not the first one to point it out. Interesting indeed.

It was more meant as a nice hint/nudge to WRG( assuming they actually want
    ppl to buy packs and/or go after the new event legendary every week),
    than to the players. 🤗

But then again, maybe not every player on the forums is on Timelines Discord
    or uses Player tools or seperate spreadsheets, and can figure out in an instance,
    that even their overall voyages stats are almost identical.

I thought this Forum was meant as a place to help players and point out such stuff, but maybe i was wrong.

Sorry that my post bothered you so much, but i feel honored that it was enough to draw ur attention and even replying to it. Thank you so much.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•

It was more meant as a nice hint/nudge to WRG( assuming they actually want
    ppl to buy packs and/or go after the new event legendary every week),
    than to the players. 🤗

But then again, maybe not every player on the forums is on Timelines Discord
    or uses Player tools or seperate spreadsheets, and can figure out in an instance,
    that even their overall voyages stats are almost identical.

I thought this Forum was meant as a place to help players and point out such stuff, but maybe i was wrong.

Sorry that my post bothered you so much, but i feel honored that it was enough to draw ur attention and even replying to it. Thank you so much.

Possible you might have taken that post more personal than it was meant to be? As a disinterested party did not really read it as a dig at you. MAYBE more one at the same people you were aiming your cheeked tongue at. {WRG}

• Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zombie Squirrel , I understood your point completely, and I agree with it. Tone is tricky to convey sometimes - I probably should have thrown an emoji or two in there somewhere. :) Or just been more explicit - back to back cards with nearly identical stats is not a terribly inspired thing to do. (Especially since Shan has clarified that Ridley isn't even the lead-in card to the next mega. Love that information, but it makes the stat decision even more puzzling.)
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    WRG has the same problem as DB did: release too many similar crew at the same time. It can be good if you’re a fan of a crew or desperate to upgrade a skillset, but too often it leads to devaluing one or more of the cards that WRG is putting out. In this case, Rukiya is devalued in almost every way by the new M’Benga. I expect scores to be low this week as a result.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Navarch wrote: »
    WRG has the same problem as DB did: release too many similar crew at the same time. It can be good if you’re a fan of a crew or desperate to upgrade a skillset, but too often it leads to devaluing one or more of the cards that WRG is putting out. In this case, Rukiya is devalued in almost every way by the new M’Benga. I expect scores to be low this week as a result.

100% agree. And sadly Rukiya has not even any collection value, yet.
    Her ship skills provide some fleet boss use though(for some rosters).
    2n5c4actupeb.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

0par4qmpgakz.jpeg

Except the extra traits, event potential, and slightly stronger stats make Ridley a much better card than Rukiya. I would consider citing Ridley. I'd probably never cite Rukiya.
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost 7 yrs in and people still asking why TP does this or that. Here is the answer:

b6ic296il7ks.png
    :D

Pretty sure the right answer is RNG.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭

2n5c4actupeb.jpeg

I'm anticipating a SNW collection centered around that episode. That is something I'd certainly keep in mind.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭

2n5c4actupeb.jpeg

I'm anticipating a SNW collection centered around that episode. That is something I'd certainly keep in mind.

Maybe combined with the "Far Beyond the Stars" collection that keeps being asked for.
  • UGH - why do you do a FACTION event starting on THANKSGIVING - you couldn't have done a skirmish? something we didn't have to micro manage over the holiday weekend... /sigh
    Even better you could have made it a skirmish rerun... ugh
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

2n5c4actupeb.jpeg

The only 3 pieces of value from this card are for stronger accounts are: to help get M’Benga, for fleet boss battles when she’s added to the portal, and that potential collection.

We’re about 12 hours from the end of phase 2 and the last community reward has yet to drop. Seems like a lot of players also don’t see the value in this card.
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchieS wrote: »
    UGH - why do you do a FACTION event starting on THANKSGIVING - you couldn't have done a skirmish? something we didn't have to micro manage over the holiday weekend... /sigh

Given the game is played across the globe it would be impractical for them to take into account holidays everywhere…..unless of course you are suggesting special treatment for those residing in the USA 😬😬😆
  • ArchieS wrote: »
    UGH - why do you do a FACTION event starting on THANKSGIVING - you couldn't have done a skirmish? something we didn't have to micro manage over the holiday weekend... /sigh

Given the game is played across the globe it would be impractical for them to take into account holidays everywhere…..unless of course you are suggesting special treatment for those residing in the USA 😬😬😆

No, I don't expect special treatment - but it isn't hard to get a basic list of holidays throughout the places that play and choose an event that is playable by everyone.

So those outside the USA do gain an advantage to anyone who is in the USA, that is totally fair thought right?

No, I don't expect special treatment - but it isn't hard to get a basic list of holidays throughout the places that play and choose an event that is playable by everyone.

So those outside the USA do gain an advantage to anyone who is in the USA, that is totally fair thought right?

"No, I don't expect special treatment" followed immediately by a suggestion of how to implement special treatment.

The Event covers 4/7 of the days in a week. There are going to often be holidays on some of those days some weeks.

• ArchieS wrote: »

Yeah, it was totally unfair when the event started on St Patrick's day! All of Ireland were handicapped
    Kudos to those creative writers again!

Although.....

i1uq4kwsc6dk.png
  • edited November 2022
    Dear @Shan

It may be only myself but I cannot access since like 30 minutes the game neither from mobile nor Facebook. Could you please check? My ID is <snip> It's best to keep your DBID private :) ~Shan. I was at around place 200 before not being able to access and would really like to go ahead...

Thank you very much!
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    8f9psf3mtg7n.png

I liked this part. Very funny.
    Let’s fly!
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear @Shan

It may be only myself but I cannot access since like 30 minutes the game neither from mobile nor Facebook. Could you please check? My ID is {color=blue] <snip> It's best to keep your DBID private :) ~Shan[/color]. I was at around place 200 before not being able to access and would really like to go ahead...

Thank you very much!

Hi and welcome :)
    I am sorry that you encountered this issue and I hope it got resolved quickly.
    If it has not I hope that you contacted our Support Team for assistance, as that's the best option, always.

• Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another belated kudos to the game writer - always enjoy taking a moment to read the shuttle mission - each one could be a pitch for a classic show episode! Particularly liked the Alice in Wonderland coming to life on Discovery and the Klingon Gods reanimating to exact their revenge!
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    Another belated kudos to the game writer - always enjoy taking a moment to read the shuttle mission - each one could be a pitch for a classic show episode! Particularly liked the Alice in Wonderland coming to life on Discovery and the Klingon Gods reanimating to exact their revenge!

Forwarded, thank you :)
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Tolkien one was my favorite. Captain Ahab was a close second.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*