Home The Bridge

Non Fleet Member questions

With the new boss battle and the space station ,is there going to be any new activities for non fleet members? Ive hit the wall on my station and there is almost way to beet a boss by yourself short of throwing money at the game? I understand the community trend but i have no desire to join a fleet. any thoughts.

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the new boss battle and the space station ,is there going to be any new activities for non fleet members? Ive hit the wall on my station and there is almost way to beet a boss by yourself short of throwing money at the game? I understand the community trend but i have no desire to join a fleet. any thoughts.

Well, if you are opposed to joining or starting a Fleet, you are pretty much limited to doing the solo content. Events. Dailies. Stuff like that.

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    And no shared crew with factions...
    No fleet station boosts...

There is no need to be part of a community & interact really. Just do the daily tasks, which you do anyway for campaigns- & donate to the starbase 🤷‍♂️ Everyone wins
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In reality, boss battles is only useful for a small bonus in antimatter. The rest is just for some crew. Although you could always pop into a dead fleet with a decent starbase and roll solo as well.
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    In reality, boss battles is only useful for a small bonus in antimatter. The rest is just for some crew. Although you could always pop into a dead fleet with a decent starbase and roll solo as well.

Hello Mr. Cream King Sir,

I would be remiss if I did not add that the passive honor income from FBB is possibly the best thing about the feature. A couple thousand a day, maybe more, at the top levels with a good fleet.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

I would be remiss if I did not add that the passive honor income from FBB is possibly the best thing about the feature. A couple thousand a day, maybe more, at the top levels with a good fleet.

If you max out individual rewards you can still earn that honor even on your own. You won't be able to run multiple of the same level in 24 hours, but you can run each level max your damage, then do another boss while waiting for the first to expire.
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

If you max out individual rewards you can still earn that honor even on your own. You won't be able to run multiple of the same level in 24 hours, but you can run each level max your damage, then do another boss while waiting for the first to expire.

In a fleet of 1, even the easy boss is unbeatable without dilithium
  • With the new boss battle and the space station ,is there going to be any new activities for non fleet members? Ive hit the wall on my station and there is almost way to beet a boss by yourself short of throwing money at the game? I understand the community trend but i have no desire to join a fleet. any thoughts.

I am in the same position - I am happy to plod along on my own and can still comfortably compete sufficiently (I am not one of those who has to max a character within a few minutes of its release or finish in the top 100/1000 in events etc - if people have the time and resources for this then I am happy for them - they and the heavy spenders prop up the game in reality, which is good).

What annoys me at present is that in every other aspect of the game you can buy resources to speed up your progress if you wish. I hope WRG/TP wake up and realise that they could make extra money if they just made the relevant FBB materials (Kemocite or whatever its called etc) available to buy (maybe in small numbers). This would mean that players in small or single fleets could at least (if they are happy to spend) complete their bridges and get the extra characters and ship (which is the only thing that particularly interests me) and other players can progress faster if they wish to (as in all other aspects of the game). Those in larger fleets who dont want to spend or want to obtain the materials via FBB can still do so.

As I said previously, any player prior to FBB was able to get all characters and ships etc (though it might take some time) and at present they cant unless they join a large fleet, which they shouldnt be forced to. The only reason I dont join a fleet is that I dont have the time to spend chatting for ages or being told what to do and when (like in a previous on-line Star Trek game I played - the game was good but a lot of the players made it toxic sadly). This is a far better game and I am really enjoying it and hope to for a considerable time to come.

Hopefully WRG/TP will see sense and consider selling FBB resources as well in due course (after all it would increase their coffers). Maybe there are already plans to do this in the future, time will tell, In the meantime my level 3 bridge will stay the same and FBB will sadly remain a white elephant to me. 🤞😊

• I’d like to second what @Kim_Novak.II said.
    You just need to find the right group to team with. Some of them recruit on this forum and yes a lot of them use Discord. Others do not.
    The couple that I’ve been in don’t do a lot of chatting unless of course they’re communicating about what cards to use for Boss Battles.
    So give it a try.
  • My fleet only has one rule, that only those designated by the Admiral (me) are allowed to start FFB. I warned one player multiple times but he would constantly start and use his valor in some. He when I removed him from the fleet I told him why and that he was not welcome back. We are alternating between nightmare and ultra to he help all fleet members get their bridges up.

We have a discord, it is not required. there is fleet chat that is now mostly used for FFB by those not on discord. we have 6 opening and everyone is welcome.

• We have a discord - it's required, but only so that we have SOME means to contact you if needed. If needed typically means "you haven't played in over 2 weeks, and we want to check on you before we just kick you out."

Discord is also a far better system for posting things like FBB level schedules, and shared crew announcements.

You know, since the in game messaging is so good and all.

That's really it. So I can say with some certainty that there are probably many options if you want to join a fleet and not be social. We don't need to chat with you, we just want to be able to ping you in those rare instances it is needed.
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • And if you are a newbie, those bonuses like chrons, bonus training are a must!

Well, maybe not so much now, but certainly back when the fame started. And It damn well helps to learn stuff from the cranky long term players
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, being sociable in our fleet is entirely optional. We do have a discord server but only about a third of the fleet are really active on there. The rest just do their dailies, attack the boss battle and generally just do their own thing. We don't have any requirements for event activity or anything like that, it's just about helping each other out if and when we need it.

And I'm sure there are plenty of other fleets out there like ours. There are options that would let you access the fleet-based content while barely changing your in-game experience at all.

We do have a couple of openings right now if you're interested?
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our fleet is pretty much you do you... We chat about the current FBB and one of the fleet members setup a sub-reddit to share info on but nothing is required except play.
    It took me a few fleets before I landed where I feel like I really fit in. While I'm sure there are some fleets that operate like cults, most are just collaborative groups whose members all benefit.

If you do join a fleet that doesn't work for you, leave and find one that does. It's definitely worth it.

+87 and such.

With my social anxiety, I absolutely CANNOT chill with friends or strangers at a party. I can ramble all night with my Fleet friends on Discord.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run U.S.S. Alabama now (not sure how I got promoted.....) and we don't have any requirement other then being active. once you get past a few weeks of not playing then we'll kick, but beyond that all we ask is that you play and have fun. We encourage you to join in the FBB but we don't push chat or discord (but we do have one too). We try to be as laid back as possible because pushing drives people out the airlock.

And like many have said, try some. If you don't like them, move on. There are always more or stick to your own solo game.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • JoeSage 2JoeSage 2 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    I run U.S.S. Alabama now (not sure how I got promoted.....)

Your previous Admiral 'decided' you're the best one for the job ... ! They didn't notify you or anything?! ;-)
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    JoeSage 2 wrote: »

Your previous Admiral 'decided' you're the best one for the job ... ! They didn't notify you or anything?! ;-)

Same thing happened to me. Not notice, just promotion.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

He needed to take a leave of absence... I'd been avoiding for awhile.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • cmdrworf wrote: »

He needed to take a leave of absence... I'd been avoiding for awhile.

Ah ... I feel ya, although I chose it after the previous 2 left ... sigh
  • JoeSage 2 wrote: »

Happens when they leave ... otherwise you're in limbo w/no Admiral ...
    There should be notification. I don't think they ever cleared the name of that Middie who made pick up on his wounded captain and got court martialed for abandoning his command when all the intervening officer levels got taken out by a lucky {for the enemy} hit.....

• W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭

Happens when they leave ... otherwise you're in limbo w/no Admiral ...

Oh, no, he's still in our fleet, squad leader, daily playing. I'm just admiral now.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Having rotating admirals works well