Home Engineering Room

maintenance started early?

Has the in-game maintenance due on March 9th at 2:30 AM EST already started over 40 minutes early?

Comments

• ZorkZork ✭✭✭
    According to google, 02:30 EST Thursday is 07:30 UK Thursday
    It's 06:55 and the maintenance seems to have started already
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    My game went down at 1:36 est..........I guess "clock guy" was let go as well..... :/
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Why the *censored* call it a starting time for it, when they start early. Had it timed so i could recall at the 12 hour mark before the scheduled maintenance should start so i could recall it and have it back before the event begins...Now they **tsk tsk** it all up
  • REGREG ✭✭✭
    I think maintenance started a whole hour early at 1:30 am rather than 2:30 am
  • REG wrote: »
    I think maintenance started a whole hour early at 1:30 am rather than 2:30 am

It did.... Grrr.
  • ZorkZork ✭✭✭
    I'd set a timer as I needed to recall a voyage. Starting the maintenance early means I'm going to have to waste a revival token :(
    From the announcement:

Once the maintenance is complete, we will send out an in-game mail with some goodies as a thank you for your patience during this time.

Will there be additional "goodies" for (umm, be nice :/ ) the start time of the maintenance as it started an hour earlier than announced and many players timed their actions based on that start time?

WRG: We could mess up the recipe for a glass of water.... :|
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember kids, glass first, then water.

Remember kids, glass first, then water.

I see they sent 150 chronos and a voyage token. Sitting on 170k chronos, but I really did need that token...

et3ss8t7y6zz.jpg
    :|
  • ZakZak ✭✭
    Our boss battle durations have been extended. Our fleet specifically started one yesterday at a specific time so that it would end today 24 hrs later and we could have a scheduled battle. Now we can’t do that because it will finish when most of us are asleep. Why advertise maintenance and not give us the full skinny on its impacts. #grumpy
  • ZorkZork ✭✭✭
    No apology, or even acknowledgement, for starting maintenance an hour early. :(
    No promises or assurances of doing it at the right time next time.

The promised "goodies" are just 150 chronos and a voyage token, which I'm going to have to use because I could not recall my voyage.
    Thanks WRG :(

Hopefully WRG will buy a $10 watch and do the next maintenance on time
  • ZakZak ✭✭
    Don’t bother contacting the new owner about this. This is what they said to me “We will take the content of this message as feedback as Player Support is not inclined to make modifications to any game features or undermine its policies.”
  • Admiral_CAdmiral_C ✭✭✭
    Our boss battle durations have been extended. Our fleet specifically started one yesterday at a specific time so that it would end today 24 hrs later and we could have a scheduled battle. Now we can’t do that because it will finish when most of us are asleep. Why advertise maintenance and not give us the full skinny on its impacts. #grumpy

This!! Exact same thing happened, and given the fact that we STILL dont have officer only control of the starts, and there is no reasonable communication system in game, we will not end up having random (unidentifiable) people starting the boss in the middle of the night for probably a week before it slowly cycles back to the time of the day (which for my fleet happens to be around 2 pm Eastern US time) where our active members real life schedule allow the efficient completion of chains.
    Hello????? Nancy???? Hello???!! Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? Anyone? Hello??? Is anyone home? Is anyone out there????? Hello????

"... focus is on community and only community..." he said, :|:/
  • Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Zork wrote: »
    The promised "goodies" are just 150 chronos and a voyage token, which I'm going to have to use because I could not recall my voyage.

That's what they were when DB were in charge too, and as I understand it, they were sent for exactly the reason you said: If a voyage runs out of AM during scheduled downtime, they send a voyage token so it doesn't have to get abandoned.

Of course it would be better if they sent it right BEFORE the maintenance, because getting it hours later means it can't be used for its intended use.