Home The Bridge

So... about Prisoner Tom Paris...

I know there has been some discussion by players in the first to max thread of his existence and that he seems to be exclusive to the prisoner mixed behold offer, but it would be nice to get some confirmation from someone official that 1) the release was intended and 2) the character will only be made available through this offer. To my knowledge this is the first time a character has been made available in this way and a brief message to the player base explaining the offer would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    and this guy

jhack3yqu06q.jpeg
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    They are doing Monty Python & the Holy Grail crew now?!
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn’t call Prisoner Tom Paris a behold exclusive crew because that implies he will never be added to the portal. He’s a Tuesday crew that is hard to notice is up for offer.
    and this guy

jhack3yqu06q.jpeg

He’s in the dog event. 🐶
    Nancy, can you please confirm that the only way to get Prisoner Tom Paris before his being added to Crew Retrieval via a portal update and packs is via this Prisoner Pack with the extremely low odds as pointed out above?
  • NoblemanDKNoblemanDK ✭✭✭
    Frank? wrote: »
    Prisoner Tom Paris:
    The return of Tuesday Packs! Only now with the worst odds you've seen since 2017!
    Seriously, the loot pool for Paris is 1/44, or basically every time you pay 1300 DIL, you have a 6.8% chance of one of those 3 crew that show up being new Prisoner Paris - also as much odds of it being old Prisoner Paris (who was a Krenim Guest). Normal Tuesday Packs are 1/6, and even the worst in the past were 1/10. These are worse odds than getting a specific gold from a Mega recap pack (at 3x-4x the cost!).
    He's aggressively average. Don't chase unless you A) love tom paris, 2) gotta catch em all, III) hate your wallet.
    Took me 26 pulls. Took Gandozer and others one. Your DIL mileage may vary.

Heroic Shaxs:
    The return of Honor Hall Crew! Nothing different here, still 100k, decent voyager, cool art/moment, better than some other honor hall crew - depends on if you have 100K honor and 4 cites burning a hole in your inventory and nothing else to level/cite/buy. If that player is you, BUY NOW!
    (please note: pressing BUY NOW button may result in a 2 day game ban)

Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker:
    The return of 'Barking on the Bridge!' That's right, your favorite Galaxy event with 2 dog-centered gold cards is back! And if you spend your items and chrons and time, you can also win Riker's Dad! Also aggressively average. The card stats or the parenting? You decide.

Corretion. Only 1 crew appears. Not 3
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prisoner Tom Paris:
    The return of Tuesday Packs! Only now with the worst odds you've seen since 2017!
    Seriously, the loot pool for Paris is 1/44, or basically every time you pay 1300 DIL, you have a 6.8% chance of one of those 3 crew that show up being new Prisoner Paris - also as much odds of it being old Prisoner Paris (who was a Krenim Guest). Normal Tuesday Packs are 1/6, and even the worst in the past were 1/10. These are worse odds than getting a specific gold from a Mega recap pack (at 3x-4x the cost!).
    He's aggressively average. Don't chase unless you A) love tom paris, 2) gotta catch em all, III) hate your wallet.
    Took me 26 pulls. Took Gandozer and others one. Your DIL mileage may vary.

Are those really worse odds? Tuesday pack has 6 crew, but the odds of getting all 6 weren't even. I don't think they were ever officially given, but I thought it was roughly 10% gold, 90% purple. And then those were split evenly by the number of crew in that category. So the odds of a Tuesday gold were 3.33%. Which means we're looking at roughly double the odds at roughly double the price.

• W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Tuesday packs were back last week. I actually tried for Cole. My missing Enterprise crew are back up to eleven. :(
    Four Archers- Twilight, First Flight, President, and Camping
    Lissan
    Liana
    V'Lar
    Dinesh
    Black
    Mestral
    Cole
    Yes, that was from memory. Sigh.
    Edit- Pulled Mestral since I'm working on Science and he's good Science and a point towards a buff from the Vulcan collection... same day Twilight Reed was announced. Just my luck!
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    NoblemanDK wrote: »
    Prisoner Tom Paris:
    Seriously, the loot pool for Paris is 1/44, or basically every time you pay 1300 DIL, you have a 6.8% chance of one of those 3 crew that show up being new Prisoner Paris -

No, I'm not mistaken - it's a normal mixed behold with 3 options, sometimes all legendary, sometimes all super rare, sometimes mixed. I did 26, they all looked like this:
    47qjhv8gqnr3.png
  • Frank? wrote: »
    NoblemanDK wrote: »
    Prisoner Tom Paris:
    Seriously, the loot pool for Paris is 1/44, or basically every time you pay 1300 DIL, you have a 6.8% chance of one of those 3 crew that show up being new Prisoner Paris -

No, I'm not mistaken - it's a normal mixed behold with 3 options, sometimes all legendary, sometimes all super rare, sometimes mixed. I did 26, they all looked like this:
    47qjhv8gqnr3.png

Yea, I did quite a few myself. Thankfully I still needed several of the golds and got them, but I did not get a single "prisoner tom paris" making me wonder if he even existed in the pack.
  • DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    Nancy, can you please confirm that the only way to get Prisoner Tom Paris before his being added to Crew Retrieval via a portal update and packs is via this Prisoner Pack with the extremely low odds as pointed out above?

Hello? Nancy, are you there? This question is 12 days old by now and Ive also been awaiting an answer since Prisoner Paris was not announced or pictured on the pack it seems odd.
    Although announcements have been sporadic and are clearly not important to WRG anymore, in the interest of “profitability” something Ben has mentioned several times, putting the artwork of a new card on the portal pack would go a long way in selling it.
    A majority if players thought this was a re-run prisoner pack. They had no Idea the new card was (or may have been) in the pack. I would guess sales were notably low. Not to be attributed to the card, but due to lack of advertising and notification.
    Very unfortunate circumstance for this pack. Please let the team know that absolute failure to advertise with announcement or visual display does not help increase sales. It actually decreases them.
    Since there was no notification or visual P.O.P. Display maybe this pack should be available again soon.
  • DAE wrote: »

Hello? Nancy, are you there? This question is 12 days old by now and Ive also been awaiting an answer since Prisoner Paris was not announced or pictured on the pack it seems odd.
    Although announcements have been sporadic and are clearly not important to WRG anymore, in the interest of “profitability” something Ben has mentioned several times, putting the artwork of a new card on the portal pack would go a long way in selling it.
    A majority if players thought this was a re-run prisoner pack. They had no Idea the new card was (or may have been) in the pack. I would guess sales were notably low. Not to be attributed to the card, but due to lack of advertising and notification.
    Very unfortunate circumstance for this pack. Please let the team know that absolute failure to advertise with announcement or visual display does not help increase sales. It actually decreases them.
    Since there was no notification or visual P.O.P. Display maybe this pack should be available again soon.

Hey! I'm checking with the team. For future reference, please tag me in the question so that I can ensure I receive the message. Thanks!
  • DAE wrote: »

Hey! I'm checking with the team. For future reference, please tag me in the question so that I can ensure I receive the message. Thanks!

Shan specifically told people NOT to tag her since she got so many tags and she was reading all the comments. Are we to understand that the new normal to that we will get no response UNLESS we tag you? Are we to infir that you do not read any messages that are not tagged? You do realize that you will now be inundated with tags. But as you wish. @STT Community

I read all the comments but sometimes I might miss a few. If you notice that I haven't responded to your in-game issues or suggestions for a while, please just tag me for visibility.
  • Regarding your question, the only way to get Prisoner Tom Paris was through the Prisoner Pack.
  • DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    Regarding your question, the only way to get Prisoner Tom Paris was through the Prisoner Pack.

Thank you for the reply,
    Well….possibly put the pack up again with an advertisement then. That pack was largely un-noticed by the community. “Profitability” was very decreased due to no advertisement.
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also because there seems to be *a lot* of confusion in the forum-land about this:
    Prisoner Tom Paris two weeks ago, Seven in Command last week and Cowgirl Mariner this week - all Tuesday packs.

Tuesday packs since they were introduced in 2017 have *always* *always* *always* had the new cards added to the portal after a portal update.

Unless there is a beyond major shift in how WRG does business, there has been no change to this now 6.5 year old precedent and in about a years time, you will be able to retrieve/pull for those cards in the general loot tables, or earlier in an Elusive Treasures pack. You may not see any of them until then, less you check Dabo and get lucky. Or hell, maybe they will appear in an event, that's happened before. Maybe Ben will bring back the 9.99 Legendary card offer - he's discussed thinking about it.

Nothing has changed, it's business as usual.
    Don't forget 4* Amanda Cole was also a Tuesday pack. She's the only one I went for. Four packs in four weeks, three golds and a purple. I usually purple chase, plus she's Enterprise. I wasn't sure if Enterprise gets a bonus in the June mega or not.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also because there seems to be *a lot* of confusion in the forum-land about this:
    Prisoner Tom Paris two weeks ago, Seven in Command last week and Cowgirl Mariner this week - all Tuesday packs.

Tuesday packs since they were introduced in 2017 have *always* *always* *always* had the new cards added to the portal after a portal update.

Unless there is a beyond major shift in how WRG does business, there has been no change to this now 6.5 year old precedent and in about a years time, you will be able to retrieve/pull for those cards in the general loot tables, or earlier in an Elusive Treasures pack. You may not see any of them until then, less you check Dabo and get lucky. Or hell, maybe they will appear in an event, that's happened before. Maybe Ben will bring back the 9.99 Legendary card offer - he's discussed thinking about it.

Nothing has changed, it's business as usual.

Agreed. I really don't understand this confusion. There is a new Tuesday Pack format. It's a mixed behold instead of a 10x pack, but it's still a Tuesday pack. It includes a new crew. The only way to get that crew is from the pack until the crew is added to the portal.

Further, did the game ever advertise a new crew in old Tuesday packs? I really don't understand why people are so confused about crew in these beholds not being advertised. Outside of the tiny fraction of people reading Shan's posts here, it's not like the game ever advertised new crew in every pack.
    DAE wrote: »
    Regarding your question, the only way to get Prisoner Tom Paris was through the Prisoner Pack.

Thank you for the reply,
    Well….possibly put the pack up again with an advertisement then. That pack was largely un-noticed by the community. “Profitability” was very decreased due to no advertisement.

What, a big "new card" on every time portal pack now?

There has pretty much always been an exclusive card in packs to entice players to spend - wanted Mariner (not to mention non store EV Boimler now), Seven, Cole, beloved Prisoner Paris etc etc...
  • I can only speak for myself on the confusion point. Yes, new cards come in Tuesday packs, but we had never had a new card in one of these mixed behold packs before and they had previously been released on Tuesdays. Moreover to even know that there was a new card in there you would have had to have read the the pack description, and known that "Prisoner Tom Paris" is a new card as his image wasn't displayed prominently on the pack (like it is with all new cards on the regular Tuesday packs) and nothing in the description of the pack noted that the card was "new." It was just one of like 40 cards listed in the pack.

Furthermore I'm still not clear on what this means:

Thats a far cry from "its currently a pack exclusive and will show up in the portal eventually," which is what we were told when Boimler showed up in the online store. @STT Community is this a permanent pack exclusive or will it show up in the portal eventually.

I'm not complaining, I just wanted clarity and when something happens in the game for the first time I think its kind of necessary. Thats all.
    edited May 2023
    If you visit datacore/BBoB or the STT communities, you will see when/where cards are added

I understand not everyone does this though
    my fleet discord is always up to date planning my voyage today, saw the event rewards for next week
  • If you visit datacore/BBoB or the STT communities, you will see when/where cards are added

I understand not everyone does this though
    my fleet discord is always up to date planning my voyage today, saw the event rewards for next week

Agreed, but. like... that shouldn't be necessary and the failure to communicate with the player base directly is frustrating.
  • I can only speak for myself on the confusion point. Yes, new cards come in Tuesday packs, but we had never had a new card in one of these mixed behold packs before and they had previously been released on Tuesdays. Moreover to even know that there was a new card in there you would have had to have read the the pack description, and known that "Prisoner Tom Paris" is a new card as his image wasn't displayed prominently on the pack (like it is with all new cards on the regular Tuesday packs) and nothing in the description of the pack noted that the card was "new." It was just one of like 40 cards listed in the pack.

Furthermore I'm still not clear on what this means:

Thats a far cry from "its currently a pack exclusive and will show up in the portal eventually," which is what we were told when Boimler showed up in the online store. @STT Community is this a permanent pack exclusive or will it show up in the portal eventually.

I'm not complaining, I just wanted clarity and when something happens in the game for the first time I think its kind of necessary. Thats all.

It will show up in the portal eventually.
  • Thank you. I'll stop being a pest now.
  • DAEDAE ✭✭✭

Thank you for the reply,

There has pretty much always been an exclusive card in packs to entice players to spend - wanted Mariner (not to mention non store EV Boimler now), Seven, Cole, beloved Prisoner Paris etc etc...

Simply referencing the fact that Tuesday new cards had stopped for a while. Then when re-started failed to put the artwork on the prisoner pack leading many to blv it was all existing cards. Cole, seven, young Guinan (bartender mixed behold) and Mariner are all featured artwork visibly on the pack.

Thank you for the reply,

Simply referencing the fact that Tuesday new cards had stopped for a while. Then when re-started failed to put the artwork on the prisoner pack leading many to blv it was all existing cards. Cole, seven, young Guinan (bartender mixed behold) and Mariner are all featured artwork visibly on the pack.

The artwork was there. I saw it. He was dead center. I checked for him while it was up. Anyone have a screenshot to check?
  • DAEDAE ✭✭✭

Thank you for the reply,

The artwork was there. I saw it. He was dead center. I checked for him while it was up. Anyone have a screenshot to check?

Are you serious 😩!!!!! Wow !!!!! Thats crazy. Maybe my visual display issues are worse than I thought. Not a pack, but example and possibility? Maybe it was showing to me like this.
    59mue2vh1vm8.jpeg
    kouzkohahve0.jpeg
    b56jpl2heicv.jpeg
    Yup, maybe whatever device you are using has limited capacity
    No artwork at all