Home The Bridge
Options

Dilemma reward change?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got my first of the new "rewards", I can confirm that it's 150 honor. Awarded separately, so you get 100 honor, then the chrons, then 150 honor in place of the purple crew that we actually want.

So, it's every bit as disappointing as we feared it was. As we said before, better is not the same as good enough. And this is still a terrible decision, made by people who don't understand this game at all.

As to the rest of the questions people have asked here, regarding the percentages and other issues, I have no idea. We need @STT Community to answer those, but we know that's never going to happen.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Just got my first of the new "rewards", I can confirm that it's 150 honor. Awarded separately, so you get 100 honor, then the chrons, then 150 honor in place of the purple crew that we actually want.

So, it's every bit as disappointing as we feared it was. As we said before, better is not the same as good enough. And this is still a terrible decision, made by people who don't understand this game at all.

As to the rest of the questions people have asked here, regarding the percentages and other issues, I have no idea. We need @STT Community to answer those, but we know that's never going to happen.

Thank you for the confirmation. It is good we have our fellow players to answer questions the powers that be will not.

I agree that it is a terrible decision made by people who don't understand the game. I disagree that it is as disappointing as we feared. It is not as good as what it replaces, but it is far and away better than they were giving us. It is more than I feared. Perhaps my expectations were low, but I am pleased it is no worse than it is. For this reason, I have ended my spending boycott. (Not that I plan to spend much while they are not communicating, but still.)
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, we deeply analyzed all the questions you had to say and we're drafting the following initiates.

1.- Provide you with more visibility with suggestions we bring to the team
    2.- A loop answers for you captains to hear what the team has to say regarding such suggestions

We will attempt to provide accurate numbers in future adjustments and the same time keep exploring and provide you with more detail information for this specific situation.

Most requests here in the forums suggest either a readjustment of the Honor Amount or set back to a SR Behold/crew.

Apologies for not answering every question Captains, it's been busy lately, but hopefully this initiative will bring better understanding and visibility of your proposals. LLAP
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings Captains, we deeply analyzed all the questions you had to say and we're drafting the following initiates.

2.- A loop answers for you captains to hear what the team has to say regarding such suggestions

We will attempt to provide accurate numbers in future adjustments and the same time keep exploring and provide you with more detail information for this specific situation.

Most requests here in the forums suggest either a readjustment of the Honor Amount or set back to a SR Behold/crew.

Apologies for not answering every question Captains, it's been busy lately, but hopefully this initiative will bring better understanding and visibility of your proposals. LLAP

Yeah. This event is why people were saying the company is not listening. Players said "Replace the Trainers/Replicator Rations with Honor."

What y'all did was {apparently} replace the 4 🌟 Behold with 150 Honor. Which is a net loss. Because the Behold gave 200 Honor, if everyone in the Behold was FF.

That is also the reason players were saying "We need more information." All we were told was SOMETHING was being replaced with Honor, but not WHAT that something was. Multiple requests for that information were overlooked.....
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

And that is why people are losing faith. After pages and days of back and forth, your comments are still showing a lack of understanding of what the issue even is. Please see this post. https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/comment/280926/#Comment_280926

No one is asking you to revert back. People are saying, get rid of the replicator rations and make it the same Honor, chrons, and 4* crew as other drops.
  • Options
    Or at the very least officially answer the following questions which should be very easy to answer.

How much honor?
    Does it also drop regular honor and chronitons as it would if it were a normal reward?
    What are the odds of this reward?

Once more, I publicly thank the game makers for making any change at all.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or at the very least officially answer the following questions which should be very easy to answer.

How much honor?
    Does it also drop regular honor and chronitons as it would if it were a normal reward?
    What are the odds of this reward?

Once more, I publicly thank the game makers for making any change at all.

The last time I got the 150 honor reward it did also drop the regular honor and chronitons. I either missed those drops the previous times, or perhaps it differs depending on the old reward the 150 honor is replacing.

As far as I know, there wasn't anybody on the forums who suggested replacing 4* crew or crew behold with straight honor. Most people liked the thought of honor replacing the replicator rations though, even without knowing how much honor they'd be getting.

Instead of asking "would you prefer honor", the question should have been "Would you prefer xxx honor instead of current reward "insert a current reward here"? That's why the immediate response from the forum was "how much honor and instead of what?".
  • Options
    ShidoniShidoni ✭✭
    edited April 25
    AviTrek wrote: »

And that is why people are losing faith. After pages and days of back and forth, your comments are still showing a lack of understanding of what the issue even is. Please see this post. https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/comment/280926/#Comment_280926

No one is asking you to revert back. People are saying, get rid of the replicator rations and make it the same Honor, chrons, and 4* crew as other drops.

Wait, wait, wait. If they changed it from the SR Behold to honor, then I think a lot of people are indeed asking them to revert back! Has anyone got an SR Behold since this change, or only SR straight drops and Legendary beholds?

The more charitable of us assumed the change was just from Replicator Rations to honor. Were we wrong?
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shidoni wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »

Wait, wait, wait. If they changed it from the SR Behold to honor, then I think a lot of people are indeed asking them to revert back! Has anyone got an SR Behold since this change, or only SR straight drops and Legendary beholds?

The more charitable of us assumed the change was just from Replicator Rations to honor. Were we wrong?

I've had both a behold and a straight 4* drop, in addition to the straight honor drop. It seems to me like the straight honor drop is happening at a higher rate than the old rations, which is why some people have also been asking about the drop rates - what they are and if they have also changed recently.
  • Options
    General MortarsGeneral Mortars ✭✭✭✭

I got one today.
    78q6blx26jds.jpg
    Who claimed they had been replaced?
  • Options
    ShidoniShidoni ✭✭
    Thanks, everyone. I misunderstood STT Community when she said, "Most requests here in the forums suggest either a readjustment of the Honor Amount or set back to a SR Behold/crew." (emphasis mine)
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone. I misunderstood STT Community when she said, "Most requests here in the forums suggest either a readjustment of the Honor Amount or set back to a SR Behold/crew." (emphasis mine)

I think the reason that you misunderstood is that she also misunderstood.
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, after talking with the team on Thursday, we got word back that there weren't any changes made to the SR behold rewards, they are currently investigating if there were any changes in that aspect that we didn't plan. On the other hand, we apologize if previous comments / statements were misunderstood, but the general feedback we got was Honor > Replicator rations in any sense or quantity. Today we're meeting with the team again, in order to check the Honor quantity possible increase. LLAP and thank for the feedback.
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, after talking with the team on Thursday, we got word back that there weren't any changes made to the SR behold rewards, they are currently investigating if there were any changes in that aspect that we didn't plan. On the other hand, we apologize if previous comments / statements were misunderstood, but the general feedback we got was Honor > Replicator rations in any sense or quantity. Today we're meeting with the team again, in order to check the Honor quantity possible increase. LLAP and thank for the feedback.

That may have been the feedback that you passed on to the team, but it was not the feedback that was provided by us. This whole mess stems from a fundamental misunderstanding of what the problem was in the first place. And frankly, I still have no confidence that either you or the dev team actually understand the issue.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Can I make a suggestion. Please ask Joe to start a thread on Discord about this. 30 minutes with Joe can eliminate weeks of back and forth and misunderstandings here.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the 150 Honour overnight. It was on top of the initial Honour drop.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can we help you? We can't answer quick questions such as "How much honor" or specific amounts of rewards since that decision comes from our Product Team. All our notes are always welcome for game changes. Let us know in here which questions you want answer for and we will try our best. LLAP

This is not your fault but you have to understand our frustration; the person who had your job before you could and did answer those questions for us, often within an hour. It was not your decision to replace Shan, I understand that (hopefully most of the rest of us understand that too) and I am sorry that the "Product Team" does not empower you the same way they empowered Shan, but it is important for you to hear from us that these should not be considered hard questions.

Think of this place as a restaurant, one that has been successful for a long time. Think of us as the "regulars". For years we knew the menu, the waitstaff, the prices, and the atmosphere. Then one day we come in and see a sign that says "Under New Ownership!", some menu options are different, we have a new waitstaff, and the menu descriptions are now vague and potentially misleading, when we the customers ask you a simple question such as, "How many tacos comes with this new combo plate," this is not question that should be hard to answer. With the old owner we never had to ask because they told us on the menu, and if we did ask the old waitstaff she would tell us or find out right away if she did not know.

We are not asking for the recipe for the carne asada marinade, we just want to know how many tacos come with the combo plate. If the menu lists "market price" for the tacos instead of a standard price, we expect to be told what the market price is. It is that simple.
  • Options
    Admiral_CAdmiral_C ✭✭✭
    edited May 7
    Well said Bylo, but add to that... Instead of admiting to us that the change was a buisiness necessity, they claimed they made it to BETTER serve the players.
  • Options
    Good example @Bylo Band

Here are my three questions. The first two have been confirmed by other customers, but have no official answer despite them being the easiest. The third can only be confirmed by official sources and so it might entail an answer such as "we will get back to you." But it is not asking for the secret recipe.

1. How much honor? (Unofficially confirmed at 150)
    2. Does it drop regular honor and chronitons? (Unofficially confirmed)
    3. Is he odds of getting this reward still 5%? (Question has not been answered and appears to have been completely ignored.)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    How can we help you? We can't answer quick questions such as "How much honor" or specific amounts of rewards since that decision comes from our Product Team. All our notes are always welcome for game changes. Let us know in here which questions you want answer for and we will try our best. LLAP

This is not your fault but you have to understand our frustration; the person who had your job before you could and did answer those questions for us, often within an hour. It was not your decision to replace Shan, I understand that (hopefully most of the rest of us understand that too) and I am sorry that the "Product Team" does not empower you the same way they empowered Shan, but it is important for you to hear from us that these should not be considered hard questions.

Think of this place as a restaurant, one that has been successful for a long time. Think of us as the "regulars". For years we knew the menu, the waitstaff, the prices, and the atmosphere. Then one day we come in and see a sign that says "Under New Ownership!", some menu options are different, we have a new waitstaff, and the menu descriptions are now vague and potentially misleading, when we the customers ask you a simple question such as, "How many tacos comes with this new combo plate," this is not question that should be hard to answer. With the old owner we never had to ask because they told us on the menu, and if we did ask the old waitstaff she would tell us or find out right away if she did not know.

We are not asking for the recipe for the carne asada marinade, we just want to know how many tacos come with the combo plate. If the menu lists "market price" for the tacos instead of a standard price, we expect to be told what the market price is. It is that simple.

I'll add, that when we ask how many tacos come with the taco plate, the answer should be a number, not the plate comes with fries. And when we then repeat, how many tacos, we still want a number not to hear, "I understand that you prefer fish tacos to chicken tacos".

We are just asking for an indication that the question is understood and the answer you're giving is to the actual question being asked.