Home Strange New Worlds

Mr. Rogers Movie Starring Tom Hanks

One of our threads veered in this direction so I thought I would share this. It will be called You Are My Friend. As I said before, there will never be anyone like him.

Comments

• Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love Hanksy, but not sure if even he can accurately bring Fred Rogers to life in the way he deserves. I'd rather not see anybody try to do so, tbh.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Love Hanksy, but not sure if even he can accurately bring Fred Rogers to life in the way he deserves. I'd rather not see anybody try to do so, tbh.

It prolly will be tough to accurately represent him but I look at it as it’s cool he is being honored like that
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    It prolly will be tough to accurately represent him but I look at it as it’s cool he is being honored like that.
    Agree with both of you.

• PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the best way to honor him is to keep the show alive. Lots of PBS stations have slowed or stopped showing him. And that's the thing, he's timeless. I introduced my toddler daughter and she's enjoying him.
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    I think the best way to honor him is to keep the show alive. Lots of PBS stations have slowed or stopped showing him. And that's the thing, he's timeless. I introduced my toddler daughter and she's enjoying him.

I hope he’s still on in Chicago. I am looking forward to watching it with my daughter. If not I’ll have to find it somewhere.

• Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope he’s still on in Chicago. I am looking forward to watching it with my daughter. If not I’ll have to find it somewhere.

Good news — there are actually a lot of full episodes of the show up on YouTube.
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mister+rogers+neighborhood

And of course, after doing that search, I had to watch this video again, of his Emmy Lifetime Achievement Award speech. Whew... gets me right in the feels, every time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upm9LnuCBUM

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"

Good news — there are actually a lot of full episodes of the show up on YouTube.
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mister+rogers+neighborhood

And of course, after doing that search, I had to watch this video again, of his Emmy Lifetime Achievement Award speech. Whew... gets me right in the feels, every time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upm9LnuCBUM

Thank for the info Data! Funny, when I saw the article about the movie, I YouTubed this speech, also his television farewell. He talks about how people in their 40s would approach him on the street. It’s amazing how many people of different ages he had a positive influence on.

• PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in the town he filmed... and we get 2-3 eps aired a month sometimes up to 6. Daniel Tigers Neighborhood has supposedly took up the torch, but it's a pale sequel, but still a good force for kids.

I've been using my DVR to offload the eps to my media storage to build a collection in addition to the youtube ones. (I've been collecting for a while even before my daughter was born to prepare.)

Also the PBS Kids site has some as well.

If I ever run dry, probably going to start running craigslist ads for folks VHS tapes that I can scan in.
    I'm in the town he filmed... and we get 2-3 eps aired a month sometimes up to 6. Daniel Tigers Neighborhood has supposedly took up the torch, but it's a pale sequel, but still a good force for kids.

I've been using my DVR to offload the eps to my media storage to build a collection in addition to the youtube ones. (I've been collecting for a while even before my daughter was born to prepare.)

Also the PBS Kids site has some as well.

If I ever run dry, probably going to start running craigslist ads for folks VHS tapes that I can scan in.

It would be great to see you finish the collection. There are 34 seasons. Unbelievable yet totally believable knowing it was Mr. Rogers