Home Make It So!
Options

The lack of credits problem

Hail.

The credits part of the STT economy is starting to have very big problems. Practically, every resource in the game was increased since a few months back except credits. We have more chronitons due to voyages, we have more training programs due to them dropping even in failed missions and we have lots of replicator rations. What the game lacks now are sources of credits. Any standard game activity cannot sustain from a credits perspective the rest of the aspects.
This aspect is now very inblanced in a negative manner.
More chronitons means more drops and more items manufactured. This increases credit consumption (1).

More replication possibilities now exists (the rations exist, the number / day is increased) but they cannot be used because for the majority of players replicating items is very very expensive, starting with blue quality. Replicating purples or more is a dream, not viable in practice (2).

Plenty of training programs also means more crew being leveled, more items constructed which also leads to more credit costs (3).

Proposals:

Replicating items should not cost credits, only rations/other materials. You can safely increase the ration replication cost, but remove credits.

Cost reduction for faction shop items should be implemented. 250k for a blue item is ridiculous. Construction cost should also be slightly reduced. For higher level items it's very large.

As a source of credits: a recycler should exist, where players can recycle anything not needed (training, schematics, rations, items, parts) for credits. That's the single most critical thing that would fix the lack of credits problem.

Thank you for your understanding.

Comments

• Options
    ya the credits need a bit of a over haul
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I paid for 3 (or maybe 4, I don't recall) extra Saturday cadet tickets to build up my credit stash, and I still ran out completely just 2 days later. The small, yet repeated direct purchases of credits I've had to do since then have been nickel-and-diming me to death.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    I paid for 3 (or maybe 4, I don't recall) extra Saturday cadet tickets to build up my credit stash, and I still ran out completely just 2 days later. The small, yet repeated direct purchases of credits I've had to do since then have been nickel-and-diming me to death.

Same lol, but you said it way better lol
  • Options
    Expect to see credit packs in the store.
  • Options
    Devro wrote: »

Players will start to mass-quit if the economy of the game is no longer sustainable.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I have to say I am feeling the pinch too, generally an increase in % from missions, battles both arena and standard, event rewards, Scans, voyages and vast improvement from Gauntlet is probably the best way forward.

I'm not totally convinced by a recycler as the extortion DB could put in similar to the replicator could make it more detrimental than useful in the long run. It would take a long while for there to be a balance of how many items to credit ratio should be applied.

TBH I also think merits need improving somewhat.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devro wrote: »

Players will start to mass-quit if the economy of the game is no longer sustainable.

This is the important bit that DB really need to take heed of this, if the quality of gaming life is destroyed then the game will collapse.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    change the sunday rations to a credit one so we can double down on the weekends
  • Options
    I have 33 million credits lying around and steadily increasing, in fact I think they’re the most superfluous resource in the entire game. And I constantly level and replicate and build new items nonetheless. Yet the credit balance is rising. So I don’t understand this complaint at all.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    smintili wrote: »
    I have 33 million credits lying around and steadily increasing, in fact I think they’re the most superfluous resource in the entire game. And I constantly level and replicate and build new items nonetheless. Yet the credit balance is rising. So I don’t understand this complaint at all.

I think there are two types of players for whom credits aren't an issue: F2P (or mostly F2P) players, and those who have a vast majority of their roster FE.

I'm doing 8 replications every day, quite a few per week are 4* items, and a number of 5* items in there, as well. When you're dropping 250,000 credits a pop (plus the cost of doing the builds themselves), it doesn't take very long for you to work your way through several million credits.

Yet, on my alt accounts (only one of which is F2P), I don't have the trainers (nor rations) to replicate and level as many crew, so I have about 6 million on each one (both of those accounts are I think approximately 2 months old). [Edit: This is probably a third type of player, lol.]

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1000000
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    I think there are two types of players for whom credits aren't an issue: F2P (or mostly F2P) players, and those who have a vast majority of their roster FE.

I'm doing 8 replications every day, quite a few per week are 4* items, and a number of 5* items in there, as well. When you're dropping 250,000 credits a pop (plus the cost of doing the builds themselves), it doesn't take very long for you to work your way through several million credits.

Yet, on my alt accounts (only one of which is F2P), I don't have the trainers (nor rations) to replicate and level as many crew, so I have about 6 million on each one (both of those accounts are I think approximately 2 months old). [Edit: This is probably a third type of player, lol.]

I play mostly F2P, with the odd monthly card here and there, and I also level a lot of crew, though admittedly not as much as someone who buys Dilithium on a regular basis. But I’ve been playing for close to two years now and I believe the “lack of credits” problem concerns a minority of players. Invested players, surely, because I’ve seen this a couple of times in this forum now, but still I think they’re a minority.
    In my view the more important resources are, in that order, chronitons, dilithium, honour, credits and merits. So I’d much rather see an increase in ways to gain honour instead of more credits which for most players are more-or-less useless. The other option would be to make more things available to buy with credits instead of just basic booster packs and items.
  • Options
    smintilismintili ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Gave this some thought and had an idea that maybe beneficial to everyone: Judging from my inventory I suppose I am not the only one who has certain items in it that are just lying around, mostly leftover items from threshold rewards that I didn’t need or certain items that pile up because they drop like crazy (I’m looking at you, basic Alcohol) while farming other items.
    How about trading in unwanted items for credits? That would give us an opportunity to clear out the inventory too.

Edit: just realised (I had forgotten to be honest) that the OP asked for the same thing, basically.
  • Options
    I agree with the principles of the OP's post and a few points but no credits being used for replicating? :/

I also agree with others that the game economy becoming unsustainable will begin the attrition of players rapidly.

To a older dil player vip 13+ the effects aren't so bad being cash strapped sometimes. You do enough voyages you probably will always have enough chrons to do warp 10 with a kit for any 3&4* items you need. You replicate smart and plan your shuttles to try to chip away at the faction items needed for your builds.

For newer players the effects of being cash strapped (especially without dil) are far worse. It makes the game grind to a stop and **tsk tsk** all the fun from it. Most newer players probably don't have all the missions unlocked and don't have 8hr+ voyage crew and ships. They can't effectively farm the high end items cheaply so they are forced to replicate much more and at higher levels.

I do agree that 250k for a 2* item is a joke ripoff. Almost as bad as the 4 in 10,000 dabo jackpot chance. I get a 1 in 4000 chance to hit a royal flush in video poker, just saying...
  • Options
    I think we need a "Quark Loan" option. You can apply for a quark loan and it gets repaid automatically every day when you are in credit with the option to pay it all back in one hit when you can. It'll have interest chargeable at very reasonable rates (say 15% p/m) with an option to reduce the rate with Dil.