Home Ready Room

Voyage only crew - yet again!

Ok - I've looked through the forums and haven;t really found a definitive answer on this...

1.Voyage only crew - they only drop once? Once you've got them, they will never drop again. True or false?
2. Voyage only crew - are they actually any good as voyage crew? I know their base stats **tsk tsk** hard but voyage wise... Come to think of it, how are the voyage stats worked out?
3. Are Voyage only crew exclusive cards that only the most dedicated card collector collects? There are better COM, SEC, DIP crew that Thot Gor and Lucien doesn't look like all that much. I read somewhere that a 4* FF Clown results in good voyage stats

I know it depends upon what your crew level is but mine isn't so bad. I just want to check before I chuck all my honour on him.

Thanks for reading and for taking the time to reply!

Comments

• Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. True. The only "real" corner case that I know of is Fierce Guinan, as one copy of her drops as an achievement reward for 1000 Voyages. There have been other cases where The Clown hasn't dropped for people due to a bug and getting it rewarded by CS, only to have an additional copy drop later.
    2. Jannar is the 4th best 4* in the game for voyage score (when FFed) and The Clown is 6th. The others are all pretty bad
    3. Mostly? I mean, it costs 54k honor to add 3 stars to one of these guys which isn't a ton. Another use for FFing them is collections. Jannar and Thot Gor are both diplomats.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given you could earn circa 50k in a month solid game playing, which would be roughly the need to fully fuse them.
    A mega event comes around every 2-3 months or so which yields you a 4/5 So you should save up 50k in citations to FF them, this leaves you with one or two spare gold citation or FF a 1/4 purple or two.

.... are they for the collector yes, are they worth it - based on citation and honor progression no, but they aren't all that bad as super rares go just not a priority and so they become collector fodder due to other circumstances. It's a shame because it nullifies the enjoyment factor somewhat.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. No. Yes. >:)

I would suggest you visit this page on the wiki:

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Dilemmas

...and write down the dilemmas which drop crew you want to acquire, as well as ones you don't want to acquire. For the former, make sure you are selecting the proper choices to get them to drop; and for the latter, select the choices which do not lead to them (that way you won't get a crew member who will just be taking up space, and you will always have the option later on of trying to acquire them if you change your mind).

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have yet to get Cornel Worf and I have had so many 12 hour (single refill) voyages that he should have dropped some day sooner or later. Finally got Jannar, still didn't get Fearce Guinan ... and not gunna try getting her either because she's gunna be in the achievement. I planned 54k honor for her anyway.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have yet to get Cornel Worf and I have had so many 12 hour (single refill) voyages that he should have dropped some day sooner or later. Finally got Jannar, still didn't get Fearce Guinan ... and not gunna try getting her either because she's gunna be in the achievement. I planned 54k honor for her anyway.

Worf and Guinan require 3 specific dilemmas while the others only take 2. It would take a LOT of reps to truly say you "should" have gotten them. If you truly want to go for them, take a 72hr voyage and hit all of the dilemmas. You'll probably save in the long run.
  • Emmett KEmmett K ✭✭✭
    I got a worf in an elusive pack the last time it was up. But I think that was an accident on their part
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it was. Still, if I had known it, I would have bought one of those, because getting Worf the hard way is a long shot. :(
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    From a player who collects/gameplay perspective ...

I've managed to get all 4 easy ones and levelled them all to 100:

- The Clown: I added two citations just prior to an event for which he was bonus crew (Laws of Nature - Brutal trait) ... since then he has featured on quite a number of Voyages and in shuttles, his SEC/ENG combo is really quite good. His base stats are not bad, even at 1/4.
    I haven't added a 4th star because I feel he does fine as he is and adding a 4th star probably means I'll end up freezing him for additional crew space. Also, I figured I'll keep one open for the time being, you never know if he'll be a reward somewhere (like Guinan).

- Thot Gor: Cool looking, but I've never used this character anywhere ... not even as 3rd string Voyage crew or during Faction event ramp ups. He is part of a Collection though and was really easy to level.
    This would be my first candidate to FF and freeze should I decided to add stars to Voyage-only crew.

- Lucien: Another one I've not used much, maybe one or two Voyages when I was using third-string crew (during an event weekend) and it had SCI as a skill. He was also kinda irritating to level if I remember correctly (many science experiments needed).
    Another one I'd consider freezing in the long term.

- Jannar: It took me a while to get this guy ... but I've since used him on Voyages, even as a 1/4, especially during events with large crew selections (e.g. probably during the upcoming event).
    I'll probably add 2 stars like I did with The Clown and keep him 3/4.

Both the Worf and Guinan are 2-skill crew and the skills they have are very common, so I am in no rush to pick them up.
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    From a player who collects/gameplay perspective ...

I've managed to get all 4 easy ones and levelled them all to 100:

- The Clown: I added two citations just prior to an event for which he was bonus crew (Laws of Nature - Brutal trait) ... since then he has featured on quite a number of Voyages and in shuttles, his SEC/ENG combo is really quite good. His base stats are not bad, even at 1/4.
    I haven't added a 4th star because I feel he does fine as he is and adding a 4th star probably means I'll end up freezing him for additional crew space. Also, I figured I'll keep one open for the time being, you never know if he'll be a reward somewhere (like Guinan).

- Thot Gor: Cool looking, but I've never used this character anywhere ... not even as 3rd string Voyage crew or during Faction event ramp ups. He is part of a Collection though and was really easy to level.
    This would be my first candidate to FF and freeze should I decided to add stars to Voyage-only crew.

- Lucien: Another one I've not used much, maybe one or two Voyages when I was using third-string crew (during an event weekend) and it had SCI as a skill. He was also kinda irritating to level if I remember correctly (many science experiments needed).
    Another one I'd consider freezing in the long term.

- Jannar: It took me a while to get this guy ... but I've since used him on Voyages, even as a 1/4, especially during events with large crew selections (e.g. probably during the upcoming event).
    I'll probably add 2 stars like I did with The Clown and keep him 3/4.

As a collector, I too have acquired all 4 of these (and Immortalized them). Regarding Thot Gor, I suggest you check your Battle Stations in the Captain Division of the Arena, and see if you might in fact have a useful spot for him there. ;)
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thot Gore isn't bad for the Arena, butt I still think Rurareed is a little better. :) I like Jannar, got him a few dayz ago. Still didn't get Guinan or Worf, however I'm approaching 1000 Dilemmas and will get Guinan that way. Still hoping to get Worf at 3000 Dilemmas.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    From a collector perspective, I only care about Worf and Guinan, and of course those are the only two that haven't dropped for me yet. Sigh.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got two of the three Guinan dilemmas today (including the 10 hour one without refilling), but still no luck. :( By the way, Worf doesn't count as a "Worf" because he's Worf's grampa. :)
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irial wrote: »
    As a collector, I too have acquired all 4 of these (and Immortalized them). Regarding Thot Gor, I suggest you check your Battle Stations in the Captain Division of the Arena, and see if you might in fact have a useful spot for him there. ;)

Nah ... I've got Klaa, Martok and Phlox (only Phlox FF) hanging out on a fully levelled U.S.S. Defiant ... can burn down almost any crew/ship combo if I ever pay attention and actually try to win. :)
    But I'll keep it in mind if I ever need more burn crew. :)

But seriously ... cheers ... unfortunately, ship battles are, at the moment, the least interesting part of the game for me ... for my two other divisions I've just thrown crew on my ship without paying attention to who they are or what they do. I have my ships populated with either non-FF 4*s, cadet mission crew or non-FF 5*s ... I only run 5 to meet my daily requirement.
  • Thanks everyone - special shout outs to Rararacing & Peachtree - those are exactly the kind of comments I was hoping to read. You have helped make a confusing aspect of the game much clearer.

I'm guessing DB made these only one offs to make our lives harder. Most frustrating.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Heh. Used BOTH Guinans today at Gauntlet because of 65%. And both were useful. So if you like Gauntlet even 1/4 Fierce Guinan may come useful... sometimes.