Home Ready Room

Voyages Question(s)

Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
This is directed to those experts who've run the stats on Voyages. I realize there's another thread discussing Voyage statistics, but that is a very long thread already.

My question is this: Is there a minimum total for each trait that you can reasonably expect a certain amount of time to run?

Examples:

*With Ships with a minimum of 2500 antimatter

*these expectations with NO dil recharges.

To reasonably expect a 4 hr Voyage, each trait should have what minimum score? 2,500? 3,000? +/- ?

To reasonably expect a 6hr Voyage, each trait should have what minimum score ? 3,000? 3,500? 4000? +/-?

I realize there is more emphasis on the highlighted two traits for each voyage, but what about the rest of the traits?

I've been running Voyages basically 24/7 for about 2 months, and I can't tell what the minimums should be, because each Voyage seems to be different. Sometimes an average of @3,000 gets me to 5hrs, sometimes it gets to 5.5hrs, sometimes only 4hrs.

I've also found that bonus antimatter beyond 2500 seems to not make that much difference in the eventual time of the Voyage.

The "21" factor after 4 hrs works very well to predict the end of the Voyage, and that's great, and I appreciate those of you who figured that out.

Hope I've been clear in my questions. Again, I understand the basics of running a Voyage, so please don't answer with basics. I'm trying to focus in on target minimums for each trait to expect a certain amount of hours.

Hurry up before those things eat Guy!

Comments

• I am not allowed to post links.

So I'll say this: Googe stt voyage estimator

you can experiment with it and find out.
  • Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I am not allowed to post links.

So I'll say this: Googe stt voyage estimator

you can experiment with it and find out.

Thanks, yeah, I've seen it. I know it's supposed to be helpful, and I'm sure it is to some folks, but it is very difficult to work with it on my phone, plus I don't know all the factors to put in. Plus, I'm really not going to put that much effort into it. I just want to know the basic minimums, like I said, 3,000?; 2,500?; 4000?; etc., and move along with my day.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    I don't remember 6h well, but IIRC 8k/8k/Sum of other 4 being 8-10k was giving me 6h and often enough 7h.

For solid 8h it's 10k/10k/sum of other 4 at least15k. With sum of secondaries being 12k it's a rough toss-up if you'll get 8h or not.

Usually 2650-2700 for AM.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    al103 wrote: »
    I don't remember 6h well, but IIRC 8k/8k/Sum of other 4 being 8-10k was giving me 6h and often enough 7h.

For solid 8h it's 10k/10k/sum of other 4 at least15k. With sum of secondaries being 12k it's a rough toss-up if you'll get 8h or not.

My 8 hour voyages are similar -- 9k to 10k for the two primary skills, 2500-3500 for the other skills, usually 2650+ antimatter.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
    edited July 2018
    al103 wrote: »

My 8 hour voyages are similar -- 9k to 10k for the two primary skills, 2500-3500 for the other skills, usually 2650+ antimatter.

okay, I'm not at that level yet. Most I've ever gotten for the 2 primary skills is @5500. Sounds like I'm stuck in this 4 -5 hr range until I get higher rated crew. Thx!
  • Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe try using the STT voyage estimator to get your rough numbers in the top 2 boxes try putting in 6k/6k, and the rest of them put in 2k, and see what time estimate you get. obviously you'll never have exactly 6k/6k/2k for all remainders, but that gives you a rough target.

Also FYI, I've been using the computer based tool (I know that's not an option for you), but I've seen my voyages consistently do well when I sometimes have to sacrifice a single skill with lower targets. for example, I recently had my first 8 hour non-extended voyages, and they were around 9k/8k/3-5k/1500k (eng). Sacrificing a single skill somewhat with lower stats is unlikely to hurt your overall voyage length unless you had really bad RNG luck.
    edited July 2018
    maybe try using the STT voyage estimator to get your rough numbers in the top 2 boxes try putting in 6k/6k, and the rest of them put in 2k, and see what time estimate you get. obviously you'll never have exactly 6k/6k/2k for all remainders, but that gives you a rough target.

Also FYI, I've been using the computer based tool (I know that's not an option for you), but I've seen my voyages consistently do well when I sometimes have to sacrifice a single skill with lower targets. for example, I recently had my first 8 hour non-extended voyages, and they were around 9k/8k/3-5k/1500k (eng). Sacrificing a single skill somewhat with lower stats is unlikely to hurt your overall voyage length unless you had really bad RNG luck.

okay, while at my desktop at work, I can give the estimator a try and see what happens. I'll definitely try the 6/6/2 option - I might be able to do that - thanks!
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    High level:

Hazard Checks occur at a regular increment and lineraly increase in difficulty at the rate of about 1250 per hour. That is, after 2 hours of Voyages, Hazard checks require a skill of 2500 to pass. At 4 hours, it's 5000. 6 hours is 7500. etc.

Approximately 35% of all hazards will be for the Primary skill. 25% for the Secondary. The remaining skills are weighted at 10% each.

In general, you will want to stack your primary/secondary skills. I'm going to give you some expected results for evenly stacked voyages, but even stacking will yield worse results on average.

For trials below, I am using the estimate from the voyage estimator previously linked here: https://codepen.io/somnivore/full/Nabyzw
    All trials have starting AM.  Skill listed is evenly distributed across all six skills

1000: 2:50
    2000: 3:39
    3000: 4:31
    4000: 5:19
    5000: 6:12
    6000: 7:05
    7000: 7:51
    8000: 8:43

Just an example of how you can improve performance, let's redistribute stats "optimally". The 1000x6 strategy uses a total of 6000 skill points. Instead, let's weight the primary skill with 35% of your points, secondary with 25% and tertiary skills with 10%. That works out to 2100/1500/600. The estimator projects that will yield a voyage of 3:07. 17 minutes longer translates to a 10% improvement JUST from shifting stats around.

Looking in the 4000 range (24k total skill points), you could arrange them 8000/8000/2000 and get an average of 6:34. 75 minutes longer for a 23.5% increase in voyage time.

The exact optimal stat arrangement is going to depend heavily on the crew you have and the stats you get.
    High level:

Hazard Checks occur at a regular increment and lineraly increase in difficulty at the rate of about 1250 per hour. That is, after 2 hours of Voyages, Hazard checks require a skill of 2500 to pass. At 4 hours, it's 5000. 6 hours is 7500. etc.

Approximately 35% of all hazards will be for the Primary skill. 25% for the Secondary. The remaining skills are weighted at 10% each.

In general, you will want to stack your primary/secondary skills. I'm going to give you some expected results for evenly stacked voyages, but even stacking will yield worse results on average.

For trials below, I am using the estimate from the voyage estimator previously linked here: https://codepen.io/somnivore/full/Nabyzw
    All trials have starting AM.  Skill listed is evenly distributed across all six skills

1000: 2:50
    2000: 3:39
    3000: 4:31
    4000: 5:19
    5000: 6:12
    6000: 7:05
    7000: 7:51
    8000: 8:43

Just an example of how you can improve performance, let's redistribute stats "optimally". The 1000x6 strategy uses a total of 6000 skill points. Instead, let's weight the primary skill with 35% of your points, secondary with 25% and tertiary skills with 10%. That works out to 2100/1500/600. The estimator projects that will yield a voyage of 3:07. 17 minutes longer translates to a 10% improvement JUST from shifting stats around.

Looking in the 4000 range (24k total skill points), you could arrange them 8000/8000/2000 and get an average of 6:34. 75 minutes longer for a 23.5% increase in voyage time.

The exact optimal stat arrangement is going to depend heavily on the crew you have and the stats you get.

That's very helpful, thank you, appreciate it! I'll start experimenting with some of these numbers and see how they turn out,.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Reminder: there is NO difference between 8k/8k/5k/2k/2k/1k and 8k/8k/2.5k/2.5k/2.5k/2.5k. Second is a bit more stable against assholeishness of random but by the same token is less useful to receive it's fortune. On average they are same. And 8k/8k/8k/1k/0.5k/0.5k is equally good anti-random measure if in different way.
  • I find that before the first recharge, having 8-9k for the primaries, 7k,6k,5k and 2k will get me around 8hrs. Having more than 9k on primaries (while reducing other skills), and more antimatter, only really helps for time after the recharge (2700AM will burn about 10 mins longer than 2500AM, and the extra on primaries will get me a few successes and valuable minutes after 8hrs). So there's some strategy in crew as to whether you want to extend your voyage or do a free run.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    To give a visual to what the above are saying, take a look at these distributions:

Skills: 8k/8k/2k/2k/2k/2k
    hwn1xt8kwev9.png

Skills: 8k/8k/8k/1/1/1
    2l88ez3kco7c.png

It's fairly imperceptible here because the Y axis is variable in size, but the distributions are somewhat wider and flatter, but end up having mostly the same central averages. The more severely skewed the skill allocation, the more variable your voyages will be due to RNG hitting (or not hitting) the stats you chose to focus on.