Home The Bridge
Options

Do we need more achievement goals and rewards going forward?

A simple question really. It seems the Dilthium we get as a reward for immortalizing crew dries up after immortalizing 350 crew (correct me if I’m wrong). Also after 20,000 gauntlet rounds and 2000 voyage dilemmas the achievements cease (again, stop me if I’m wrong).

Do you think we need more achievements to keep players who’ve achieved most things interested? And if so, what achievements would you like to see added?

Do we need more achievement goals and rewards going forward? 149 votes

Yes- we need more rewards and achievement landmarks
96%
ADM Fletcher [ET]RabbWarrior Willouss_bonaventureizausomeAviTrek[KM]VidemThe FishCaptainUnderpantsCaptain TFSabine of AthensCaptain DurfCanAus Todd[NDQ] Joker41NAMEaglebart[SSR] The Iron CowProsserZombie Squirrel RocpilePa 144 votes
No- we have enough
2%
sexy_lady[Retired] BeamMeUpScottie[Deleted User] 3 votes
Other
1%
Peachtree RexWildstar19 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I’m a total YES we need more.

Achievements come down like rain in a monsoon at first.... but I’m about to hit 300 immortalized crew after only playing for 8 months and the future looks a little bleak and uninspiring to me.

There could be rewards for duration of time spent playing, as in, to reward people for sticking with the game.

Increases to the voyage dilemmas achievement.

Continued gauntlet reward, post Locutus.

Fresh cryo rewards.

Squad and fleet bonuses for event performance that are actually worthwhile.

I could go on, but I’m more interested in what you guys think.
  • Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    I predict a landslide in this election
  • Options
    [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    It certainly helps when you've got something to look forward to. Our fleet has a bunch of rewards (tokens, really) and I'd honestly pass them up to DB to integrate into the in-game rewards table.

Squad ranks, faction ranks, arena ranks, ship awards, gauntlet awards, character stat awards, participation awards, good idea awards, help awards, gauntlet and honor hall crew awards, and collection awards that were in place well before collections were added to the game. We are way ahead of DB and it would be real nice to get honor and merits as well as a fancy medal!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    PaPa ✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    for clearing the galaxy map

That would be nice but what if they add new episodes? Do you get that achievement only once? That would be unfair to future players who will have to clear more episodes. Or do you get it a second time when you already have it and completed a new episode?
  • Options
    S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Pa wrote: »

That would be nice but what if they add new episodes? Do you get that achievement only once? That would be unfair to future players who will have to clear more episodes. Or do you get it a second time when you already have it and completed a new episode?

What about a reward for completing each episode, so when a new one comes up, there’s another reward available.
  • Options
    Capt. Pete OwenCapt. Pete Owen ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I believe collecting all possible stars in a Galaxy Mission Episode is quite an achievement & would like to see it rewarded in Achievements.
    Could also reward the same for collecting all possible stars in Cadet Missions.
    zbb6hdi88kwx.png
    zj48lm5dsr2v.png

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/1220/image-inside-additions-to-achievements#latest
    - Joined game 6th March 2016
    - Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Fleet Admiral [New Black Vipers]
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Starbase Rooms Completed 15/15
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639
    - Total Crew collected 882/1179
    - Crew collections maxed out 7/45
    - Galaxy Map Stars 1269/1269
    - Cadet Mission Stars 225/225
    - Factions Honored 15/15
    - Achievements completed 15/16
    - Ships maxed out 53/78
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

As stated earlier, but going into more detail, you don't want and achievement to just have one level.
    So clearing the map is the end result, but a tier for each chapter would make it easy to add achievements for and old players would then get the new chapter achievement available if released and new folks just do whatever's there.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if the achievement for immortalizing crew is only every 50 instead of every 25 beyond 350, expanding the list to 600 or above is almost a necessity. Same goes for gauntlet rounds, voyage dilemmas, participation in events...maybe even a new achievement for tracking the number of arena battles we’ve fought.

I also would like to see many of the achievements already listed: getting all stars for each episode and set of distress calls, getting all stars for M-F cadet challenges, getting all stars for weekend cadet challenges, hitting certain ranks in each arena division, and achieving Honored status with all factions.

And of course it would be nice to see more collections or even new thresholds in existing collections. There have been so many good suggestions for additional collections and they should be easy enough to implement, with the obvious caveat that DB could be worried about the economy and balance of the game if a huge amount of free stuff were handed out all at once (I wonder what pack/offer/dil sales looked like during the week after collections were introduced).
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if the achievement for immortalizing crew is only every 50 instead of every 25 beyond 350, expanding the list to 600 or above is almost a necessity. Same goes for gauntlet rounds, voyage dilemmas, participation in events...maybe even a new achievement for tracking the number of arena battles we’ve fought.

I also would like to see many of the achievements already listed: getting all stars for each episode and set of distress calls, getting all stars for M-F cadet challenges, getting all stars for weekend cadet challenges, hitting certain ranks in each arena division, and achieving Honored status with all factions.

And of course it would be nice to see more collections or even new thresholds in existing collections. There have been so many good suggestions for additional collections and they should be easy enough to implement, with the obvious caveat that DB could be worried about the economy and balance of the game if a huge amount of free stuff were handed out all at once (I wonder what pack/offer/dil sales looked like during the week after collections were introduced).

Marvel Strike force has their collection achievements set higher than even the available characters in game so they don't have to worry about it for a while.
  • Options
    More! Why stop rewarding dedicated players?
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would anyone vote against free stuff?

I feel like this poll is as effective as "Is Water Wet?"
  • Options

Two have so far. I can't imagine their rationale, but here we are.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

As stated earlier, but going into more detail, you don't want and achievement to just have one level.
    So clearing the map is the end result, but a tier for each chapter would make it easy to add achievements for and old players would then get the new chapter achievement available if released and new folks just do whatever's there.

It should be easy for them to make the reward structure similar to crew:

1. Episode Missions (1098 total stars): 50 stars, 100 stars, 200 stars, 300 stars, etc...

2. Daily Challenge Missions (225 total stars): 25 stars, 50 stars, 100 stars, 150 stars, 225 stars
  • Options
    S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭

I made the poll to put it out there. I want more rewards, and seeing the poll unequivocally stating that we want more might make someone somewhere take notice and spur something worthwhile for us hungry captains.
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    [S14] Bri wrote: »

I made the poll to put it out there. I want more rewards, and seeing the poll unequivocally stating that we want more might make someone somewhere take notice and spur something worthwhile for us hungry captains.

I don't even care about tangible rewards to be honest. I just want the achievements. There are 1000's of possibilities that they could go for, the fact that they haven't introduced anything new in this area is further evidence that they are not putting the resources into this game that they should be.
  • Options
    Even if its something meh like 50 merits, just having something out there to aim for is fun.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give us achievements and cryostasis vault achievements.

Achievements for completing the galaxy map. Trainers for the first few episodes, then merits, honour or dil for episode 8.

Next months mega is Dominion/TNG, so give us a Dominion vault collection. DB make money by encouraging us to take part, or try harder.

Give us a cryostasis vault collection for immortalising super-rares and another for legendaries, these award crew slots. >:)
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    Keep the game fun
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give us achievements and cryostasis vault achievements.

Achievements for completing the galaxy map. Trainers for the first few episodes, then merits, honour or dil for episode 8.

Next months mega is Dominion/TNG, so give us a Dominion vault collection. DB make money by encouraging us to take part, or try harder.

Give us a cryostasis vault collection for immortalising super-rares and another for legendaries, these award crew slots. >:)

I haven’t seen any confirmation regarding the TNG part.

• Options
    No- we have enough
    Some of the achievement are not achievable for many players or going to take a long time.

Like the gauntlet kills my interest and i have slowed down a lot. Immortalized crew same thing... unless you spend more $$$ for your 5*
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the achievement are not achievable for many players or going to take a long time.

Like the gauntlet kills my interest and i have slowed down a lot. Immortalized crew same thing... unless you spend more $$$ for your 5*

So because some won't achieve them we shouldn't have more? Guess I don't understand.
  • Options
    No- we have enough

So because some won't achieve them we shouldn't have more? Guess I don't understand.

I just said we don’t need new ones, but didnt say we must not. Of course we can have many more as you want
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

I have 341 immortals. Only 6 of those are 5*. The only significant achievement I don't have is to place first in an event. The latter is distinctly possible but at present I don't feel like doing the diabolical amount of tapping required to win a Galaxy. Sure its taken awhile to get where I am but its just a game. I've had the same main character in Warcraft for over 13 years now. Ain't nothing wrong with playing something for an extended period.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say yes, but in a similar vain Voyages, Gauntlet and Arena all need some love since their beta trials were released in-game.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I at least want to be able to see my level for the certain achievements after I've reached them. Like, I still want to know how many gauntlet rounds and how many dilemmas I've completed, even though I've capped the achievements.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    No reason not to add a few more tiers to existing achievements. Keep moving the carrot ahead of the player, and the player stays engaged. I like most of the new-achievement ideas that have been bandied about in this thread and elsewhere, but in terms of coding... adding tiers to the existing ones takes nearly no time at all. Do it!!

Having not yet reached the gauntlet/dilemma/immortalization caps, I didn't think about how the counter would stop (though the event-participation counter clearly shows that's what would happen). I completely agree with @Peachtree Rex on this - I want to see those numbers keep going up!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I at least want to be able to see my level for the certain achievements after I've reached them. Like, I still want to know how many gauntlet rounds and how many dilemmas I've completed, even though I've capped the achievements.

This would also help too if those achievements are extended in the future. Sort of like how our past gauntlet rounds didn’t count, it started from 0 when the gauntlet achievement was first introduced. This way we wouldn’t lose the rounds and dilemmas.
  • Options
    I'm a little disappointed some of the original ones weren't better future-proofed eg event participation, adding the Gauntlet exclusive every 10k duels, no of dilemmas etc