Home The Bridge
Options

Skirmish chroniton reward drop observation

WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2018 in The Bridge
I just finished 40 skirmishes. I only bought one extra reward with dil.

I received out of the 161 reward chances 11 chroniton rewards.
6 were 75 (I doubt that these were 75 I just only noticed the 76 once)
1 was 76
2 were 150
2 were 300

11 out of 161 or 6.8%
bvn7qczwhjf6.png

Edit1:
Did 5 skirmishes no extras brought.
Started off with 1 Chron reward out of 18 so decided to stop at 5 skirmishes.
Out of 20 got 2 Chron reward. Totally inline as my original would have been if I threw out the first 0 out of 41.

So 20 rewards and 2 Chron rewards.
1 was 76
1 was 300.

Edit2:
Ran 3 skirmishes bought 8 extra rewards. For a total of 20 chances.

So 20 rewards and I got 4 Chron rewards. (Finally aplus side result)
All 4 were 76

I am keeping my data sets short at 20 now. I believe this will keep me at the mean.
I also think I will be less likely to have a 0 for 41 result this way. No guarantees.

E3: 4 skirmishes bought 4 I got 3 Chron rewards (again plus side am definitely approaching 11%) so 20 rewards
2 were 76
1 was 150

E4: 5 skirmishes no extra so 20 rewards got 1 Chron reward (my small data sets are now at 12.5%)
1 was 150

E5: 5 skirmishes no extra so 20 rewards got 2 Chron rewards. (Now 12% on the small data sets)
2 were 76

E6: 4S 4X 2C rewards. 120 to 14 11.66% as I thought small sets of data are converging to the mean quickly. All it means is that I do not have long streaks of bad or good data.
2 were 76

Comments

• Options
    [SSR] The Iron Cow[SSR] The Iron Cow ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Accounting for the 3.9% margin of error with your sample, at a 95% CI your results would land between 2.9% and 10.7% so it's actually pretty close to the estimated drop rate.

You would only need to have had 1 additional chroniton drop (12 out of 161 observations) for the top end of the MOE to be spot on 11.5%.
    Immortalized: 465
    Tour of duty: January 2016 to present.
    Shut up Wesley.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    For all intents and purposes, getting credits is the equivalent of "losing."

I wish it were merits, DB. Can we get merits instead of credits?
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

Intel drops are an even worse case of "losing"... I don't really mind credits TBH
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see merits added to the pool
  • Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »

Intel drops are an even worse case of "losing"... I don't really mind credits TBH

If the Intel Drop was higher I wouldn't mind Intel. When I get 270 Intel I am content but get 30 or 60 Intel is just depressing.
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't had a chron drop in over 100 battles. I can safely conclude that they do not, in fact, drop at all.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nero84 wrote: »
    Yateball wrote: »

If the Intel Drop was higher I wouldn't mind Intel. When I get 270 Intel I am content but get 30 or 60 Intel is just depressing.

When 3 chrons can become 40 intel, 75 chron drops are worth 1000 Intel. It's hard to get excited about the straight Intel drops.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accounting for the 3.9% margin of error with your sample, at a 95% CI your results would land between 2.9% and 10.7% so it's actually pretty close to the estimated drop rate.

You would only need to have had 1 additional chroniton drop (12 out of 161 observations) for the top end of the MOE to be spot on 11.5%.

But it is more likely from my result that the drop rate is lower than 11%
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

That's not how probability works. You can only claim if your data supports the hypothesis or rejects it. If you're within the confidence interval then you're in it. All you can do is collect more data to narrow the interval.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    AviTrek wrote: »

That's not how probability works. You can only claim if your data supports the hypothesis or rejects it. If you're within the confidence interval then you're in it. All you can do is collect more data to narrow the interval.

Well then we are not in it as you said.

But the point of all this was to have other people add there drop rates. For more data.

And I love when you need one more to be in the interval how you are willing to add one more. You are either in it with the given data or you are out of it. You are willing to add that it was close so you are in it.

More likely because this is not a real RNG, data like my observation is a common occurrence but still likely to happen.

By the way my first 41 chances I got zilch Chron. Reward. So 11 out of 120 is much closer to actual reported rate. But I did have 41 that got none.

I had 48k Intel at start I probably had more than 161 attempts, but I only kept track of Chron.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Credit drop rate for me is about 65%+. Kind of ridiculous.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy to get credits, if it were a decent amount. I'm experiencing a credit crunch partly due to all the bonus chrons I've been getting in this event, so I could certainly use more. 750 credits isn't much help, though. I wish they would put a zero behind all of these credit drops.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    After a good data set I can now say I'm getting honor 3x more often than chronitons. Around 5% chronitons and 15% honor. Both by far most often at 76.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    kapukapu ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    well all i can say my event has become self sufficient....

I get so much chrons that if used on ship battles with supply kit I get roughly 85-95% of my intel back.... The feedback loop is real. lol
    Currently at 660k points, so thats less than 110 runs meaning less than 440 drops and ive got one time portal pull... wayy better than the 0,13% listed :DD

(also as a side effect I've earned 1.8 million credits along the way...)
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • Options
    Well then we are not in it as you said.

But the point of all this was to have other people add there drop rates. For more data.

And I love when you need one more to be in the interval how you are willing to add one more. You are either in it with the given data or you are out of it. You are willing to add that it was close so you are in it.

More likely because this is not a real RNG, data like my observation is a common occurrence but still likely to happen.

By the way my first 41 chances I got zilch Chron. Reward. So 11 out of 120 is much closer to actual reported rate. But I did have 41 that got none.

I had 48k Intel at start I probably had more than 161 attempts, but I only kept track of Chron.

Again, that's not how statistics work. My statement about adding in one more observation is to point out how volatile the MOEs are at such a low Test % level, given n=161 as your sample. Your data are not proving anything, and as was mentioned elsewhere in the thread, a significantly larger set of observations would be necessary to make any sort of conclusion.

Beyond even that...the MOEs are calculated at a 95% confidence level. What that means is that if the same "test" i.e. a sample of drops was conducted 100 times, 95 of those times, the sample would have a proportion of chron drops within the MOE. But 5% of the time, it would be higher or lower. That's just the way statistics and sampling works. Unless you are able to view the entire population of a dataset (which is an incredibly rare event), you have to understand that sample estimates are estimates, and thus are subject to margins of error and an element of unpredictability.
    Immortalized: 465
    Tour of duty: January 2016 to present.
    Shut up Wesley.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are also assuming I have the complete data set in sequence sent to me one at a time. Which I doubt. That is part of pseudorandom. I have no doubt that I am given results that can actually be duplicates of the same location in the data set. I can also have bad timing to account for why 11% chance gave me 0 drops out of 41. My results are definitely tending towards this 11% if I remove the 0 for 41. Hopefully I will get a 8 for 41 to put me back on track with all my data.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not know how many rounds I've done. I didn't keep track of that. I believe I've had mostly credit drops, though at the start I was getting a lot of victory points dropping. I kept track of chronitons and honor only. The last event I felt like I was getting no chroniton drops at all. I had a dozen the whole time. I set out to prove it wrong this time. Instead, I have recieved a lot of them. Until near the end, the chronitons fo honor drop rates were almost the same. Then honor was more. I wonder if ranking makes a difference to drop rates?

Results:
    Honor: 29 drops (22 at 76, 5 at 159, and 2 at 300)
    Chronitons: 23 drops (13 at 76 and 10 at 150)
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    43rd place, 30,000 honor so far. 5 million credits. +3,000 chrons. Skirmish events are awesome!!!
  • Options
    Im most pleased that i have 3k holo emitters saved up
  • Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    43rd place, 30,000 honor so far. 5 million credits. +3,000 chrons. Skirmish events are awesome!!!

Man you must have been lucky with your pulls. I probably lost a few thousand chronitons while ranking about 200. Still not bad considering what I have gotten but haven’t gained for sure.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I failed to mention I’ve also spent 10,000 dilithium. Get the 10 dil reward every time. Also most of those credits are from running missions to gain intel
  • Options
    Started with 2000 Crons, and with Supply kits and non-extended Voyages I made it over 1 million VP before my Crons finally dried up. Phase II hasn’t dropped a single Cron for me, tons of Honor though.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I failed to mention I’ve also spent 10,000 dilithium. Get the 10 dil reward every time. Also most of those credits are from running missions to gain intel

I popped the 10 dil reward once & got 300 VP, paused to reflect on the pros & cons of using my dilithium for VP, then continued playing. Voyage extensions still have more value for my dilithium. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over 200,000 VP I received 19 drops of honor equalling 1814 honor, which is well within the range of 14.11% advertised.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just an observation, and it could be completely random, but I noticed that playing out the Skirmishes around certain planets nets more Chron loot drops than others.

For instance, Risa seems to be dropping chrons at about 500% over Gralik.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just an observation, and it could be completely random, but I noticed that playing out the Skirmishes around certain planets nets more Chron loot drops than others.

For instance, Risa seems to be dropping chrons at about 500% over Gralik.

Which planet increases honor drops ;)
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    Started with 2000 Crons, and with Supply kits and non-extended Voyages I made it over 1 million VP before my Crons finally dried up. Phase II hasn’t dropped a single Cron for me, tons of Honor though.

Same here. The chrons have barely dropped in the second stage and I’m ranked in top 40. First stage of the event the chrons were dropping all over the place
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Did a long data set again. 48 skirmishes no extra purchased.
    So 192 total reward drops.

22 Intel 30
    22 Intel 60
    03 Intel 240
    37 Credits 1500
    15 Credits 3000
    02 Credits 6000
    14 Chronitons 76
    05 Chronitons 150
    28 Honor 76
    07 Honor 150
    02 Honor 300
    30 VP 300
    05 VP 600

The only observation I noticed. When I started Intel did not drop. When Intel started dropping it was the 60 that dropped. Got 8 of them before a 30 dropped.
  • Options
    i don't see any "portal pulls" here.
    I have had zero portal pulls drop.
    i have run over 600 skirmish missions (i'm ranked in the 400s).
    That's at least 480 chances to get a portal pull.
    at the advertised rate, i should have had at least 5 by now.