Home The Bridge
Options

Can someone tell my why K'Tong can hit a cloaked ship?

I dont know if anyone else has noticed... using a bounty i cloak while ktong is cloaked.... and i have noticed that more often than not i am being blown to bits while cloaked... is this a bug or is there a crew skill to hit cloaked ships??? What is the point in cloaking if your still gonna get hit? If it is a klingon vs klingon thing then why cant i hit a cloaked ktong or a cloaked bounty... something here doesnt make sense to me and im hoping for a good explination... @Shan is there any details about this anywhere i can read up on?

Comments

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Because DB has allowed some programmers to do things their own way.

More seriously if the IKS T'Ong's accuracy immediate damage ability is suppose to nullify the use of cloaking then it should be noted as such.

But it still seems hazy here. I win almost all my battles by cloaking just before that accuracy ability. The sound effects, while I am cloaked, imply that I can get hit. But most of the time, not all, I do not get hit.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    It's just the delay. If their shots were fired before you cloaked, they'll still register as impacts. Event one still happened before event two. If this was enough to kill you, you'll die with the cloak up. Such is life.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    It's just the delay. If their shots were fired before you cloaked, they'll still register as impacts. Event one still happened before event two. If this was enough to kill you, you'll die with the cloak up. Such is life.

Not true 3 seconds after I started my cloak I was destroyed by one shot.
    Also listen to the sound effects against other ships and the IKS T'Ong while cloaked.

This was before I started cloaking earlier.

Edit: with the way I beat the IKS T'Ong now, I almost think they intend its accuracy ability to not allow cloaking after it is engaged. However, I still occasionally get hit when I cloak before it. Also I do not get hit often enough, when i cloak before it, to think it deactivates my cloak when it engages.
    The sound effects imply I am not cloaked.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure it has something to do with boarding damage. When you cloak while the other ship is hitting you with boarding damage, they can track you perhaps? I noticed this during skirmishes especially, made me change my tactics.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Bounty has been blasted to bits by the T'Ong many times by phasers (disruptors?) at least 2-3 seconds after I've activated my cloak. It is clearly hitting while I am cloaked w/ an attack that was initiated after full cloaking. I am doing nothing (just waiting for the ideal moment to de-cloak), so I have plenty of time to watch my ship vaporize. I confess that I have not noticed if it is related to the boarding process, but it shouldn't be unless the T'Ong is special - the ISS Enterprise can't hit a cloaked Bounty even though it can do boarding damage during the cloak.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    The IKS T'Ong does not do boarding damage. If it did it would clearly be the best ship.

Imagine instantaneous attack, cloaking, and boarding damage.
  • Options
    Agree with the above. I used the Bounty for months, and I would avoid the T'Ong, because it had some strange ability to penetrate my cloak, especially with instant damage. I now have a level 10 T`Ong, and I use it. But not sure what that ability was.
  • Options
    LjofaLjofa ✭✭✭
    If think it’s a case of - if the enemy ship has their cloak active and the AI chooses to access another ability (ship/crew), the cloak is detectable and you can hit the ship. It still has an enhanced evade bonus but is no longer immune to weapons fire.
  • Options
    Clearly a bug. happened me today. All other ships works fine but T'Ong.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    This just happened to me a lot of times and also it also happens T'Ong vs. T'Ong
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm using the T'Ong and haven't had this problem. Are you hitting another ability after engaging the cloak? That causes the cloak to disengage.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a bug that has not been addressed.
  • Options
    WizzdomeWizzdome ✭✭✭
    Im sure it's not boarding... Im talking arena not skirmish and i dont think ktong has boarding... tho i am wondering if what someone said about instant damage going straight through cloak they ought to call it disable enemy cloak or something stupid... but its definitely not an issue of cloaking after their shot. I will be halfway through the cloak and boom there went my shields and hull all in one freaking shot... so if it is related to a crew on their bridge... id like to know who it is... cause i dont have the same problem with all ktongs either...
  • Options
    [SJ] Yorkster[SJ] Yorkster ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    There's a thread in engineering on this exact subject
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/4610/my-hms-bountys-cloak-is-broken
    Edit:typo fix
  • Options
    wfgwfg ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    There was a thread (not the one linked above, I'll edit my post if/when I find it) in the Engineering room the other day in which someone contacted support about this and was told that it is actually how *all* immediate damage abilities are supposed to work, but that for some reason it's only working right now for the T'Ong.

EDIT: The thread is here https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/6266/clarification-needed-on-cloak-ability#latest; latest update at the top of the original post says "CS told me that the Dev team insists all instant damage attack crew are supposed to penetrate cloak and are investigating why they can't consistently do so."
  • Options
    It's not just the T'Ong but I've had this happen with the D'Kora Krayton too.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    It works the other way too. I switched to using the T'Ong a few days ago. I just went up against the Bounty, and <2 secs AFTER I cloaked, the Bounty started barraging me.

Something is amiss...
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    I think it's funny but it still happens after over a year... and I have traced it down to any T'Ong that has a Killy on it.... which makes absolutely no sense as she is not even klingon... now if it was a discovery doing a special attack against a cloaked ship that I could buy but killy is the key to the T'Ong firing through bounty cloak.
  • Options
    Best option is really to forget the T'Ong and use the Krayton with rurha penthe commandant or similar. Kill everything in 5 seconds and dont worry about cloak or instant damage because they are already dead.
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    adonibyte. wrote: »
    Best option is really to forget the T'Ong and use the Krayton with rurha penthe commandant or similar. Kill everything in 5 seconds and dont worry about cloak or instant damage because they are already dead.

Not sure that is right.....to test I have taken on the Krayton three times with my T’Ong where the Krayton only has one of Killy or Commandant in its crew and won every battle. Suspect it’s a different story if Krayton has both Killy and the Commandant though.
  • Options

Not sure that is right.....to test I have taken on the Krayton three times with my T’Ong where the Krayton only has one of Killy or Commandant in its crew and won every battle. Suspect it’s a different story if Krayton has both Killy and the Commandant though.

Commandant, judge Q, jett reno, ardra, rarely lose a battle. I used to have sabatuer garak or Leland in place of Q, but the battle rarely lasts long enough for the 6 seconds it took to execute those.
  • Options
    MirrorVerse JcMirrorVerse Jc ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I posted this a while back in a different thread.

77g46638d1fi.jpeg

Notice i am battling the bounty and using the bounty. Both ships are in active cloak status (even says “cloak”), but my ship is not cloaking while the enemy AI cloaks. It happens all the time no matter what ship or crew i am against. It seems around 5-6 months ago alot of ppl started loosing more arena battles than usual Especially using the bounty, and many ppl have tried to come up with an explanation so i started recording my battles for review and found this often.
  • Options
    This issue has been brought up several times, the first of which was by player Hugh Farnsworth, I believe. It is a concern that appears to fall on deaf ears at DB. Unfortunately, it is what is...
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    .•°rÅTT°•..•°rÅTT°•. ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I reported this to CS.. they acted as if this was normal. Told me to reset my phone etc.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭

that's weird - I can always get my cloak up before the Krayton attack. Krayton is the easiest kill for my T'Ong. Second is borg cube and third is Bounty. I do not fight other T'Ongs because of this bug.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    V. wrote: »

that's weird - I can always get my cloak up before the Krayton attack. Krayton is the easiest kill for my T'Ong. Second is borg cube and third is Bounty. I do not fight other T'Ongs because of this bug.

On defense, most skills seem to have a lag of a second or two - enough for you to cloak before a Krayton unleashes on you, for a Bounty to cloak before an opposing T’Ong fires off its magnetic pulse, and for a Krayton to fire at least Killy and the RPC before a T’Ong cloaks.
  • Options
    There is a difference in the command execution from user to computer. You cannot compare what attacking npc is like to using the ship yourself. This part is conjecture, I have not tested, but I beleove there is .5 second or so delay in npc executing and available skill. Therefore when you are using bounty or T'ong you can get the cloak off in time, but most often in krayton I kill it before it gets cloak on.
  • Options
    I suspect arena was intentionally designed to add delays to AI defense, to avoid giving computers an unrealistic advantage since they could always consistently hit every skill at the same moment it becomes available, while a human is delayed by their reaction speed, phone tap not working the first time, etc.

In addition, since our phones are on a wifi connection which adds lag, plus we can be quite far geographically from the servers, there is significant chance of lag between your input or your phone display from the actions taking place server-side. I've accepted that and when i am trying to cloak defensively I'll cloak 1-2 seconds earlier than I think I should need to, and this seems to prevent these unexpected cloak damage most of the time.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    interesting. i guess it's like in the skirmish events where I do use the Krayton. But in the arena I've been on the T'Ong for maybe years now? and here i thought the computer was pretty fast on the draw - especially in the lowest division where it hits the cloak/kang pretty consistently
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I admire those of you who continue to use these cloaking ships despite knowing the flaws, limitations, and possible bugs, you make fine prey for the rest of us ;)