Home The Bridge

Another Faction Event

AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
We're about to start another event with a faction portion. Just reminding everyone that DB has still not confirmed anything about the AND bug.

Comments

• YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    What exactly is the bug?
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Yateball wrote: »
    What exactly is the bug?

"What was the bug?" is a more accurate question.

This thread is your best answer:
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/comment/73730

Since the "shuttle revamp" a few weeks ago, this behavior seems to have been fixed without any acknowledgement from DB.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    What exactly is the bug?

Since the "shuttle revamp" a few weeks ago, this behavior seems to have been fixed without any acknowledgement from DB.

OK so what's the point of this thread then if the behaviour is fixed? Je suis confused
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    What exactly is the bug?

OK so what's the point of this thread then if the behaviour is fixed? Je suis confused

Key word is 'seems'. We think its fixed, it might be fixed. It'd be nice to know its really fixed.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    What exactly is the bug?

This question will keep popping up until DB at the very least says, "We thoroughly tested the issue and do not find evidence of it currently." We would really like them to say, "We found an issue existed in the past, but it is resolved now; sorry for any inconvenience."

Many here demand compensation. While that would be nice, I'm fine with acknowledging the issue.
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    What exactly is the bug?

Key word is 'seems'. We think its fixed, it might be fixed. It'd be nice to know its really fixed.

It would also be nice for DB to acknowledge it was broken in the first place. This was something that they adamantly insisted was working fine. It took community action to demonstrate exactly how it was broken for them to actually fix it. There has been no information at all. No compensation for the extra shuttle failures this bug incurred. Not even an apology or admission that there was a problem.

It's an issue of transparency. If DB is going to so strongly resist community complaints until they've developed incontrovertible statistics demonstrating the problem, then they need to admit to fault when they actually use those incontrovertible statistics to fix their problems.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still prioritize skill order over total skill rating when assigning shuttle slots. Not as rigorously as before the stealth fix, mind you, but I will continue to do so until there is a positive confirmation from the fingers of Shan or Erin saying that there was a bug that has been fixed. I’m beyond even wanting compensation for the months of unexpected failures...just say something.

Same here. It makes sense to do it that way whether it’s fixed or not.

• Seems to me if the community came to the conclusion the AND shuttles werent working corrrectly, with no acknowledgment from DB, then they can also come to the conclusion that they are working correctly, also without DB's acknowledgment...
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I still prioritize skill order over total skill rating when assigning shuttle slots. Not as rigorously as before the stealth fix, mind you, but I will continue to do so until there is a positive confirmation from the fingers of Shan or Erin saying that there was a bug that has been fixed. I’m beyond even wanting compensation for the months of unexpected failures...just say something.

How so? If it's fixed, you're just gimping your chances at a successful mission...

How so? If it's fixed, you're just gimping your chances at a successful mission...

It is my understanding that the first skill gives 75% and the second 25%. If I’m wrong then I stand corrected. If not, I would want my highest skill at 75% effect and the lesser skill at 25% effect

It is my understanding that the first skill gives 75% and the second 25%. If I’m wrong then I stand corrected. If not, I would want my highest skill at 75% effect and the lesser skill at 25% effect

Well, yes, but you said "whether its fixed or not". If it isn't fixed, then yes, you are saving yourself extra fails. If it is fixed (which data points towards) then you are using less optimal crew and seeing more failures.
    edited July 2018

Well, yes, but you said "whether its fixed or not". If it isn't fixed, then yes, you are saving yourself extra fails. If it is fixed (which data points towards) then you are using less optimal crew and seeing more failures.

The difference is negligible. For instance Lorca is ideal for COM and DIP. Lissan is ideal for DIP and COM. Losing only a few points by interchanging them but gaining much more going by the 75%/25% split. Again, I could have an incorrect understanding of this but if not, that optimizes success.

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has become clear to me that there will be no communication to us about this. They will just wait it out and hope we forget or move on to the next dumpster fire.

I think that's becoming clear too. But I also consider it unacceptable. The way DB continued to deny a bug we all knew existed, only begrudgingly agreed to look at it when players presented incontrovertible proof, and now wants to pretend nothing has happened.

DB's unwillingness to admit their mistakes and address them is issue #1 with this game as far as I'm concerned. This is only the latest example of it. I intend to keep raising the issue every event until DB realizes lying to the players will not accomplish anything.
  • I really was expecting them to say that it was working as intended and whoever it was that said it worked the other way communicated it to us wrong. Or something like that which would be complete malarkey. But to hear nothing at all really stinks. I am a pretty understanding guy when it comes to game developers and give them a lot of leeway. I'm not the type to burn down the forums at every little thing, but I do not like how this is being handled.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I was kind of expecting that they would say it was working as intended, but that based on player feedback they decided to make a change (fix it) to show that they listen to the player base.
    I was kind of expecting that it was working as intended, but that based on player feedback they decided to make a change (fix it) to show that they listen to the player base.

For this to be "working as intended" you would be implying that DB intentionally made the "expected success" and "actual success" work differently. The front end expected results that are displayed when sending a shuttle were not matching up with the observed success rate.

Given the specific manner in which it was broken (that the front end used HIGHER + LOWER/4 and back end used FIRST + LAST/4), I tend to think it's a lot more likely that they just messed one of them up. Exactly which one, I don't really care. So long as what they are showing is accurate.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

If both skills are relatively even, the difference is indeed negligible (COM/SEC for T’Kuvma or Gun Show Picard, for example). If they aren’t, you are correct. I, for one, am willing to take a small hit on shuttle percentages for a matter of principle.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another new app version, another faction event, will DB ever admit what they did with AND shuttles?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    What exactly is the bug?

But, to acknowledge they fixed it, they would have to say it existed to be fixed..........

And, they never acknowledged there was a bug...............
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    They acknowledged a bug report was filed.
    It has become clear to me that there will be no communication to us about this. They will just wait it out and hope we forget or move on to the next dumpster fire.

Sad thing is there WILL BE another dumpster fire..... 🔥 🔥 🔥
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    We're about to start another event with a faction portion. Just reminding everyone that DB has still not confirmed anything about the AND bug.

Oh this old chestnut..
    DB: Do Better
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    What exactly is the bug?

But, to acknowledge they fixed it, they would have to say it existed to be fixed..........

And, they never acknowledged there was a bug...............

But we proved beyond reasonable doubt it was a bug. So there’s no advantage in DB keeping hush about when they fixed it.

If they’re worrying that it opens the floodgates to mass refunds, then they needn’t. The required evidence is already there if anyone wanted to take that route.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another faction event, another bump of this thread.

Will DB ever admit what was done with the AND bug?
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Another faction event, another bump of this thread.

Will DB ever admit what was done with the AND bug?

Unlikely. To acknowledge they fixed it would involve acknowledging it existed to begin with. I don't think they ever have...........