Home The Bridge
Options

Minor Slam

I just realized that I have a minor slam (Immortalized 1*, 2*,3*,4*+1/5*) of 3 Characters: Spock, Riker and Chakotay. All of whom are First Officers. Wesley will be next in this list. If a 3* Picard or 2* Bashir is made available, I could get a grand slam (1-5* Immortal). Just thought it was interesting that the first officers get a wide range of values, whereas the captains don't. And always curious about other people's experience of playing this game.

Comments

• Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless I've overlooked someone, there's only one other character with a card at all five rarity levels, and that's Odo:

1* Investigator
    2* Gaia
    3* Constable
    4* Stranded, Trader
    5* Jazz Musician, Umpire, Zhian'tara

I've got a "minor slam" in Spock, Riker, Chakotay, and Odo. Don't have 4* Cadet Wesley Crusher or I'd have him, too. I have yet to immortalize a 5* of any of these.
  • Options
    Female Klingon QFemale Klingon Q ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    My own term for what you call a minor slam is a “rainbow”

There are several women that are pretty close: Troi, Crusher, Jadzia, Janeway, and Torres are missing 1 level of rarity to be rainbow eligible.
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam
  • Options
    Unless I've overlooked someone, there's only one other character with a card at all five rarity levels, and that's Odo:

1* Investigator
    2* Gaia
    3* Constable
    4* Stranded, Trader
    5* Jazz Musician, Umpire, Zhian'tara

I've got a "minor slam" in Spock, Riker, Chakotay, and Odo. Don't have 4* Cadet Wesley Crusher or I'd have him, too. I have yet to immortalize a 5* of any of these.

Riker , Chakotay, Wesley, and Spock all have all 5 rarities. I believe Neelix now has all 5. You could make a case for Dax is you count both Ezri and Jadzia. I wouldn't, but you could.
  • Options
    Ah, you're right about Neelix and Dax. I think I'm a resistance Neelix and a 5* Jadzia away. And interesting about "Rainbow"that works too... I'm not sure I'm sold on either term, just haven't come up with a better word. 🤔 Full Monty? Shot the moon? Full dance card? Full Montgomery? You can imagine Scotty saying:" Lt. Commander Spock. No bloody recovering, talos IV, Ambassador OR Kohlinar"
  • Options
    S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    afr68xe6pwvk.png
    I have a full house of Dukats that I’m happy to share with the world!
  • Options
    Roland 359 wrote: »
    Ah, you're right about Neelix and Dax. I think I'm a resistance Neelix and a 5* Jadzia away. And interesting about "Rainbow"that works too... I'm not sure I'm sold on either term, just haven't come up with a better word. 🤔 Full Monty? Shot the moon? Full dance card? Full Montgomery? You can imagine Scotty saying:" Lt. Commander Spock. No bloody recovering, talos IV, Ambassador OR Kohlinar"

:: shrugs ::

The term "minor slam"/"rainbow" doesn't matter as much as the hard work does, haha.

Still, I'm not sure I would use Ezri AND Jadzia to make a "minor slam". :D

• Options
    Ah, forgot about Neelix. Good catch, @Chainsawhand! And, no, I would not back the case for consolidating Jadzia and Ezri, if only because I'm still holding out for a 3* Jadzia, a 2* Ezri, and a 5* Ezri.

What's going to make this difficult is that there are only 27 1* crew in the game at present, and several of them are characters who are almost certainly not going to get cards at all four other rarities. The following main cast characters do not have an existing 1*, meaning that the only way to ever complete a rainbow** of them would be for DB to go to the trouble of making new 1*s. I suspect that the interest is too niche to justify that kind of trouble on their part.

Kirk
    Scotty
    Geordi
    Yar
    Worf
    Crusher
    Data
    Sisko
    Jake
    O'Brien
    Kira
    Janeway
    Kes
    Paris
    The Doctor
    Seven
    Archer
    Phlox
    T'Pol
    Reed
    Sato
    Tucker

And everyone from Disco, since there are no 1*'s from that series at all.

**Have to give preference to "rainbow" here since @Female Klingon Q introduced that term back on the old forum.
  • Options
    **Have to give preference to "rainbow" here since @Female Klingon Q introduced that term back on the old forum.

Interestingly enough, the original definition of "rainbow" was applied to a series, not to a character.

And before the inclusion of Discovery, and counting TAS as part of TOS, it was possible to have a rainbow for every series.

But, as @Travis S McClain noted, Discovery still doesn't have any 1*.

Who would've guessed that "Common" crew would actually be the least frequent to be released?

• Options

Interestingly enough, the original definition of "rainbow" was applied to a series, not to a character.

And before the inclusion of Discovery, and counting TAS as part of TOS, it was possible to have a rainbow for every series.

Because my only immortalized Legendary crew members have come from the mega-events (plus Locutus of Borg and Bartender Guinan), I still haven't completed a TOS rainbow.

Who would've guessed that "Common" crew would actually be the least frequent to be released?

Disco doesn't have any 3*'s as yet, either.
  • Options

Point well taken, although I think part of what makes them common is that they're aren't many of them, so they show up frequently.
    Agree with Travis that it's a niche issue, but isn't this a niche game that caters to word people like me(us?) who care about collecting a Rainbow of characters from decades old shows?
    Appreciate all of you contributing thoughts to this thread. I still think that there is a better term than either Rainbow or Minor Slam out there, just haven't thought of it.
    Maybe Royal flush is more descriptive?
  • Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I have a royal flush in Spocks, at least