Home The Bridge
Options

Speculation about the Dominiom mega-event

S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2018 in The Bridge
This is only a topic for speculation about events and crew.
I am not guided by any logic except for what DB has done with the DS9 mega event and the Romulan mega event.

Mega-event crew: Rufao

Event 1: "New Providers" - Galaxy Event
Captain Riker - legendary
First Goran Agar (existing)
Changeling Kira

Event 2: "An Even Field" - Faction Event
First Minister Ornithar
Meditating Chakotay
Anji (existing)

Event 3: "Advance Directive" - Skirmish Event
Koval
Liquidator Brunt
Baku Worf (existing)

Event 4: "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit" - Hybrid Faction/Galaxy Event
Founder Janeway
Mirror Lorca
Changeling Bashir (existing)

Comments

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking a requested Riker for this would be Battle Joystick Riker, though I think Bathtub Troi and Riker (with the shaving cream on his face) would give me the giggles.
  • Options
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    I'm thinking a requested Riker for this would be Battle Joystick Riker, though I think Bathtub Troi and Riker (with the shaving cream on his face) would give me the giggles.

I think you found the next Tuvix/Duras Sisters combo card.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Founder Janeway. :D

I think your predictive powers may prove right on many of these, especially First Goran Agar and Changeling Bashir.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many popular missing Dominion crew have already been covered in various threads, but there are 2 Starfleet crew that I hope we see added during this event:

- Admiral Dougherty (Anthony Zerbe is such a great actor)
    - Admiral Ross (critical DS9 Dominion war character)
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    The preview announcement (https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/10490/prepare-for-the-dominion-mega-event-the-hand-that-feeds#latest) references a "diseased sickly Founder". I expect we'll see that character in the first event.

4orww15zdhwk.png
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been levelling Goran'agar and Anij. I feel like Goran'agar is a fairly safe bet, we know the Jem'Hadar's dependance on White is involved in the event and that was his whole thing. Plus he's a COM beast, he's worth levelling just for his stats anyway. Anij I'm thinking is more of a long shot - like maybe the only real tie Ru'afo has with the event's story is the bit about the Son'a making White, so their vendetta with the Ba'ku is kind of irrelevant, and there's no particular reason Anij (or Ba'ku Worf) would show up.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaitee wrote: »
    I feel like Goran'agar is a fairly safe bet, we know the Jem'Hadar's dependance on White is involved in the event and that was his whole thing. Plus he's a COM beast, he's worth levelling just for his stats anyway.

Plus they already said Dominion crew will receive a bonus the entire mega (so you're safe). ;)
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a feeling we may get Eris added to the game next month. Seeing as she was the first Vorta ever seen on ST, and that she's been requested here several times, it makes sense.
    latest?cb=20160413192046&path-prefix=en

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    My guess:

Event 1: "New Prividers" - Galaxy Event

Infected Changeling Founder 5*
    Sherwood Forest Crusher 4*
    First Goran'Agar 4*

First Officer Worf (from Parallels) 5*
    Eris 4*
    Changeling Bashir 4*

Weyoun Clone 5 5*
    Ba'ku Data 4*
    Dominion Dukat 4*

First Omet'iklan 5*
    Changeling Janeway 4*
    Anij 4*
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus they already said Dominion crew will receive a bonus the entire mega (so you're safe). ;)

Oh didn't think of that - good timing too, I just recently blew through my saved honour to 4/4 Thot Gor, now he might actually come in handy before I finish and freeze him.

Had a couple of other characters pop into mind - not exactly Dominion operatives, but Dominion-adjacent. Hanok from 'Starship Down', the Karemma guy (played by James Cromwell) who was involved in weapons sales to the Jem'Hadar. Rurigan from 'Shadowplay', the old dude who fled the Dominion and recreated his home as a holographic village. Trevean from 'The Quickening', the doctor/assisted suicide guy on the planet the Dominion hit with the Blight as punishment (by the looks of the Dominion-trait crew this event's going to be weak on SCI/MED so he'd be welcome).

And hey random idea, Insurgent Deanna Troi, from when Betazed was occupied - give her a short haircut and tactical armour and dual-wield Jem'Hadar rifles, I think that'd be pretty cool.
  • Options
    [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmm Insurgent Dianna Troi.

Inspired!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S31 wrote: »
    This is only a topic for speculation about events and crew.
    I am not guided by any logic except for what DB has done with the DS9 mega event and the Romulan mega event.

Mega-event crew: Rufao

Captain Riker - legendary
    First Goran Agar (existing)
    Changeling Kira

First Minister Ornithar
    Meditating Chakotay
    Anji (existing)

Koval
    Liquidator Brunt
    Baku Worf (existing)

Founder Janeway
    Mirror Lorca
    Changeling Bashir (existing)

Captain Riker! I like that!

• Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    My guess:

Dominion Dukat 4*

Anij 4*

I like the idea of Sherwood Forest Crusher actually. I don't foresee Dominion Dukat since he will still be the monthly reward at that time and that'd be a grave money-losing mistake on DB's part. I also don't really see Anij because she got added not too long ago in an event and it's a bit early for a resurface.

I think we might see, or at least I'd hope to see...

5* Ahdar Ru'afo (recurring) - CMD, SEC, MED
    ---Son'a, Brutal, Tactician, Desperate, Crafty, Villain
    5* Onaya (new) - MED, DIP, SCI
    ---Non-Corporeal, Inspiring, Artist, Musician, Writer, Communicator, Survivalist
    4* Eris (new) - DIP, SCI
    ---Dominion, Vorta, Telekinetic, Undercover Operative, Crafty, Prisoner
    4* First Goran'Agar (existing) - CMD, DIP, SEC
    ---Dominion, Jem'Hadar, Hunter, Survivalist, Desperate, Veteran
    3* Mora Pol (existing) - SCI, MED, CMD
    ---Bajoran, Civilian, Exobiology
    2* Gaia Odo (existing) - DIP, SEC
    ---Changeling, Bajoran, Constable, Romantic, Communicator

5* Inglatu (existing) - DIP, SEC
    ---Dosi, Merchant, Brutal, Communicator
    4* Changeling Martok (new) - SEC, DIP, CMD
    ---Dominion, Changeling, Klingon, Duelist, Undercover Operative, Tactician, Veteran, Diplomat
    4* Arridor & Kol (new) - DIP, ENG, CMD
    ---Ferengi, Cultural Figure, Civilian, Scoundrel, Crafty, Merchant
    3* Remata'Klan (existing) - SEC, CMD
    ---Dominion, Jem'Hadar, Duelist, Tactician
    2* Technician Rom (existing) - ENG, DIP
    ---Ferengi, Bajoran, Civilian, Jury Rigger, Saboteur

5* Captain Riker (new) - CMD, SEC, ENG
    ---Federation, Starfleet, Human, Maverick, Gambler, Pilot, Tactician, Innovator, Musician
    4* Ba'ku Crusher (new) - MED, SEC, DIP
    ---Federation, Starfleet, Human, Physician, Caregiver, Marksman
    4* Laas (existing) - SCI, DIP, SEC
    ---Changeling, Civilian, Hunter, Prodigy, Explorer, Survivalist
    3* Keevan (existing) - CMD, DIP
    ---Dominion, Vorta, Clone, Crafty, Brutal
    2* Ensign Kell Perim (new) - CMD, SEC
    ---Federation, Starfleet, Trill, Pilot, Resourceful

5* Prisoner Ezri Dax (new) - DIP, MED, ENG
    ---Federation, Starfleet, Trill, Counselor, Resourceful, Maverick, Prisoner
    4* Infected Founder (new) - DIP, CMD, SCI
    ---Dominion, Changeling, Diplomat, Desperate, Brutal
    4* Subcommander T'Rul (existing) - ENG, SEC, SCI
    ---Romulan, Veteran, Resourceful, Tactician
    3* Legate Damar (new) - CMD, DIP, SEC
    ---Dominion, Cardassian, Cultural Figure, Desperate, Veteran
    2* Security Chief Worf (existing) - SEC, CMD
    ---Federation, Starfleet, Klingon, Duelist, Investigator

Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure why Ru'afo is the recurring Character for the Dominion mega event.

Sure I liked the film Insurrection and he needs a card, but correct me if I am wrong but he is neither Jem Hadar or Dominion?
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Kaitee wrote: »

Oh didn't think of that - good timing too, I just recently blew through my saved honour to 4/4 Thot Gor, now he might actually come in handy before I finish and freeze him.

I was considering that, but I have a nagging feeling that DB is going to get creative and find a way to work him in to this event. And I would be pissed if I dropped 54,000 Honor on him for nothing.
  • Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »

Sure I liked the film Insurrection and he needs a card, but correct me if I am wrong but he is neither Jem Hadar or Dominion?

You are correct but I am guessing it is based on the story they are trying to tell. I don’t have an overall issue with him being the recurring character. Hopefully they will have some good new Dominion legendaries during the event because they are solely needed.
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because technically it's possible that this is a Tng-Dominion mega event and Ruafo is someone to close the gap between the two.
  • Options
    Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭

It's been mentioned several times in different forum discussions that he was involved in the manufacturing of Ketracel White, I presume that was during the Insurrection movie but could be from some other books or something. I hated Insurrection stretchy face movie, so have not watched it in a long time and don't recall.
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess:

Dominion Dukat 4*

Anij 4*

I like the idea of Sherwood Forest Crusher actually. I don't foresee Dominion Dukat since he will still be the monthly reward at that time and that'd be a grave money-losing mistake on DB's part. I also don't really see Anij because she got added not too long ago in an event and it's a bit early for a resurface.

Merry Men Crusher is definitely on the way. Her shirt popped up in my Dabo the other day.

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

It's been mentioned several times in different forum discussions that he was involved in the manufacturing of Ketracel White, I presume that was during the Insurrection movie but could be from some other books or something. I hated Insurrection stretchy face movie, so have not watched it in a long time and don't recall.

It was a throw away line in Insurrection that the Son'a were manufacturing it. Then the Son'a were briefly mentioned on DS9. It's really not significant. It's more of an excuse for him to be included in the event. Would a random Jem'Hadar really have been a more interesting option?

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Son'a
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    I have a feeling we may get Eris added to the game next month. Seeing as she was the first Vorta ever seen on ST, and that she's been requested here several times, it makes sense.
    latest?cb=20160413192046&path-prefix=en

It makes sense, that's why it won't happen :smiley:
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭

DB Logic, I am just waiting for Mirror Ba'Ku Burnham....
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

Would a random Jem'Hadar really have been a more interesting option?

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Son'a

Yes.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

DB Logic, I am just waiting for Mirror Ba'Ku Burnham....

IF this is a TNG event, then he is probably the best character DB could have chosen as he's the only one character that can directly link Next Gen to the Dominion based solely on canon.

Mind you, people were upset with Bell Riots Bashir being selected for a DS9/Augment mega, so that tells me there's really just no winning.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please let Ruafo be DIP primary, and have an outrageously high base!
  • Options
    EdwynEdwyn ✭✭✭

5* Prisoner Ezri Dax (new) - DIP, MED, ENG
    ---Federation, Starfleet, Trill, Counselor, Resourceful, Maverick, Prisoner

If this turns out to be true, I swear to the prophets that I’ll give up my sinful ways and live out the remainder of my life as an honest man.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are we trying to save the founders? I get figuring out where the jem 'hadar went and who they are working for and why. But why are we trying to save the founders after they tried to take over the alpha quadrant and killed billions of people?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Yankee TraderYankee Trader ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Chapter 8 in Timelines gives the player an opportunity to save the Founders from the Hirogen. One can also side with the latter, as well. Remember that in-game we are playing in new universe, outside of the prime timeline. It’s all about the balance of power in this temporal mess.

Rogue Jem’Hadar could prove a destabilizing element if not brought back into the fold. Their absence would make the Founders vulnerable to the Hirogen. This leads me to think that the rift will be healed by the end of the Mega-event.
  • Options
    I’d like to see this guy:
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Gallatin
    8zrumiskzwdx.jpeg
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!