Home The Bridge
Options

Faction strategy question

Let's say it's 6pm Eastern time on Sunday, and you're currently ranked at 1250 in a faction event. Your shuttles are at 4000VP with unboosted chance of success in the 65-75% range. What's your best bet at acquiring the legendary ranked reward without spending more than 10USD? Buy shuttle boosts to get more time boosts? Or just buy the $10 event offer and take your chances with the two packs?

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time boosts. Buying two event packs for the legendary is a long shot
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Both are remote shots in my opinion, everyone in the rank 1250 is so near to the 1k mark that will be doing exactly as you, I have one of my profiles a little above you, I am not interested in Empress Georgiou, but if it comes without effort, I'll take her... in my opinion the best shot for you is another one, alarms during the night, I will not do it but it's a good way of achieving your goal. That way you'll have 2 more shuttle runs than many people for example, because I will not wake up during the night...
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I do on most of the weekend, especially if I have strong crew like this week, I load up 1 shuttle (sometimes 2, depending on stats) with all top event & bonus crew and time boost that one over and over. The 3 other shuttles run at 3 hours.

Typically the worst case is you get one fail out of maybe 12, so you are still up 4800 VP per 3 rounds over just regular boosts. That adds up.

I hit rank 125 earlier, holding at around 180 right now.

With strong crew, on Monday morning I will schedule out all remaining shuttles between the final 4+ hours to get the following:

(This is an example)
    Shuttle #1: Optimal Event & Bonus crew with 3* time boost, then 1x4* time boost then 3x 5* time boost = 5 shuttles @ 4 hours = 20K potential
    Shuttle #2: Bonus mixed crew with 3* time boost, then 2x 4* time boost = 3 shuttles @ 3.5 hours = 12K potential (+ one more optional 5* time boost if I have it.)
    Shuttle #3: Bonus mixed crew with 2x3* time boost = 2 shuttles @ 3 hours = 8K potential (+ one more optional 5* time boost if I have it.)
    Shuttle #4: Bonus mixed crew with 2x3* time boost = 2 shuttles @ 3 hours = 8K potential

One event not too long ago I hit them all at 4K, so instead of 4x3 hour shuttles @ 16K VP, I bumped my score almost 50K VP at the last minute to get me up in the top 100.

Hope that helps!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both are remote shots in my opinion, everyone in the rank 1250 is so near to the 1k mark that will be doing exactly as you, I have one of my profiles a little above you, I am not interested in Empress Georgiou, but if it comes without effort, I'll take her... in my opinion the best shot for you is another one, alarms during the night, I will not do it but it's a good way of achieving your goal. That way you'll have 2 more shuttle runs than many people for example, because I will not wake up during the night...

You’re right. They’re both longshots. You gotta make that commitment from the start of the event and go for it. This event is not one to go by though. This Brofleet thing is really knocking everyone else out. I’m usually top 20 when I go for it (13th in the Killy event) but right now I’m at 85th.

• Options
    wfgwfg ✭✭
    Well, it was razor close but got RNG screwed. Last run of shuttles came in with 3 fails out of 4 and landed me at 1024. Thanks for the tips guys.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

You’re right. They’re both longshots. You gotta make that commitment from the start of the event and go for it. This event is not one to go by though. This Brofleet thing is really knocking everyone else out. I’m usually top 20 when I go for it (13th in the Killy event) but right now I’m at 85th.

Brofleet is really skewing the numbers, plus the event features a popular character so interest was already high. Every single shuttle I sent had a boost, early shuttles were time boosts to get to 4K, then had skill boosts on during the day and double rewards at night. Finished 677.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finished 92nd after using 1.5 hour time boosts for every single mission except for when I slept I used 5* skill boosts. I’ve never finished below 33rd doing that. True, it was a sought after character but the Brofleet thing had way more of an effect. Can y’all split up and go back to your fleets now?
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brofleet had nothing to do with anything.
    Brofleet was 50 people.
    Those 50 people are on the leaderboard each and every week, just with a different tag.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you read your thread from top to bottom, the intention of doing the Brofleet thing was for those who joined to give it all they had for this event.
  • Options
    I finished 90th this week, I have had higher finishes and lower finishes, but I was busy, so I was not able to send shuttles around the clock the whole event, but when I could I did. I did use some time boosts, and woke up every 3 hours to send shuttles, but I went on a 10 hour hike (so I sent 9 hour shuttles) on Saturday, and when I got back I couldn't get reception until I got home, so I had an 11 hour stretch where no shuttles were sent. I didn't use dil at all either.

Like it was said above, you have to decide at the start if you are going to finish high and just stay on it and keep sending shuttles.
  • Options
    It’s hard to separate the increased interest in this event to get Georgiou vs Brofleet increased interest (if any) but interest in this event was definitely elevated which in my own observations is somewhat rare for events just before Megas. I’ve observed people working on Mega event crew and not paying as much attention to the event just prior to the start of the Mega. Just anecdotes, could be wrong.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you read your thread from top to bottom, the intention of doing the Brofleet thing was for those who joined to give it all they had for this event.

I don’t think it had that big of an impact. Sure it probably moved some people in the top 150 around, but beyond that probably not much of an impact. All of the people who participated are people who would have been in the top 1000 anyway so the net result should be the same people that would’ve been in the top 1000 still ended up in the top 1000. All it did was shift possibly up to 50 people a little higher in that group.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t think it had that big of an impact. Sure it probably moved some people in the top 150 around, but beyond that probably not much of an impact. All of the people who participated are people who would have been in the top 1000 anyway so the net result should be the same people that would’ve been in the top 1000 still ended up in the top 1000. All it did was shift possibly up to 50 people a little higher in that group.

Yup, exactly! And I think we had a handful of people who couldn't hit top 1k after all due to IRL commitments.

It was mostly just that those of us up there were wearing different fleet tags and had much lower starbase bonuses.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    It’s not so much the people in Brofleet but the ripple effect. I’ve heard Brofleet referred to as a fleet “all star team” to use a sporting analogy. When you create an all star team there will be those not on the ‘team’ that try a little harder, just for competition sake. When I told my fleet in game chat what Brofleet was a couple of the better performers said they’d try a little harder. Not saying eveyone tried harder, but it’s basic competition. How many people who remained in the supporting giving fleets, seeing their fleet mates in Brofleet, decided to give this event a little extra? Maybe nobody, maybe more than you’d think.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps I should join this Brofleet. I’m sure this guy feels abandoned now and could use a second member, one with some firepower.
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'd finally be in a fleet! The irony writes itself.
  • Options
    kapukapu ✭✭✭
    Perhaps I should join this Brofleet. I’m sure this guy feels abandoned now and could use a second member, one with some firepower.

Be a Bro! Join a Fleet, The BRO Fleet!!

(I would but our FADM has us in a tight leash)
    705.jpg?new=1
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ha! Well I took your brotherhood and helping others speech to heart. Perhaps there was a reason for my holding out and this is it. I can share a 5* legendary with him and all that.

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can also collect that sweet single premium achievement for it
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can also collect that sweet single premium achievement for it

I am curious what level his starbase is now. They could not do too much. But I would figure all level 1 for each room either complete or ready to level.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Level 9. There’s currently 4 members. There were 5 just about a half hour ago
  • Options
    [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I for one welcomed our new BROverlords.

It meant I could jump into squad leader position and with a number of carefully placed time boosts posted my best ever faction result, jumping at least 500 places. But to me fair, my squad leader always makes the top 1000 so while he did make a personal best, he didn't suddenly jump into a top player position because he was a BRO.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I for one welcomed our new BROverlords.

It meant I could jump into squad leader position and with a number of carefully placed time boosts posted my best ever faction result, jumping at least 500 places. But to me fair, my squad leader always makes the top 1000 so while he did make a personal best, he didn't suddenly jump into a top player position because he was a BRO.

I’m not saying everyone jumped up just because they were BROs. I’m saying the bros made a pact to put their best feet forward in this event. It was a max effort

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

And probably has rooms ready to be built as soon as the current completes.

Edit: I think all rooms level one would make starbase level 15? Yep 15
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

And probably has rooms ready to be built as soon as the current completes.

Edit: I think all rooms level one would make starbase level 15? Yep 15

Not all rooms are created equal. We focused on the base skills that showed up in shuttle seats the most, since those are the ones that matter in a faction event.

No real reason to decrease rep cost by 2% or improve profs.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now there are 3

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, thanks to those freaking Bros, I for one made poor life decisions and nearly killed myself this weekend.

In addition to throwing my money into the digital equivalent of a BBQ and lighting it on fire, I had two other accounts I played -- where my VIP0 account ranked 823 and my other alt ranked 451. That meant getting up every 3 hours to send shuttles, time reducing during the day, and blowing tons of credits on shuttle boost pulls.

So, basically... If I can hit top 1k on three accounts, including a VIP0 one where the shared crew was a Mirror Picard, it was totally possible to do it on one. Bros be damned.

See, you gave it a full max effort. Three times over. That’s all I’m saying.

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    This event was tough, many have lots of Picards.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So there’s actually two Brofleets. One is run by a guy at level 40 with himself as the sole member. The other is run by a guy at level 9 with two members. They both have Admiral Riker as their avatar. The level 9 guy is the one that says they finished first last event but Frank said the Brofleet guy was at level 40. Kinda confused here which is the real Brofleet.