Home The Bridge
Options

Faction strategy question

2»

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not so much the people in Brofleet but the ripple effect. I’ve heard Brofleet referred to as a fleet “all star team” to use a sporting analogy. When you create an all star team there will be those not on the ‘team’ that try a little harder, just for competition sake. When I told my fleet in game chat what Brofleet was a couple of the better performers said they’d try a little harder. Not saying eveyone tried harder, but it’s basic competition. How many people who remained in the supporting giving fleets, seeing their fleet mates in Brofleet, decided to give this event a little extra? Maybe nobody, maybe more than you’d think.

^This. I know several players who pushed extra hard, at a number of points throughout the weekend, in part to try to leapfrog anyone in the top 50 who was using the Bro tag. This, in turn, no doubt caused those players to make an effort to get back into the top 50. Lather, rinse, repeat. I'm just glad I didn't care about going all-out myself. 😶

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    If you read your thread from top to bottom, the intention of doing the Brofleet thing was for those who joined to give it all they had for this event.

I don’t think it had that big of an impact. Sure it probably moved some people in the top 150 around, but beyond that probably not much of an impact. All of the people who participated are people who would have been in the top 1000 anyway so the net result should be the same people that would’ve been in the top 1000 still ended up in the top 1000. All it did was shift possibly up to 50 people a little higher in that group.

I agree. Although many longer standing players in my fleet say this was a hard fought event I achieved an under 1000 finish, normally in a faction I rank around 2000 - 2500

To help with the original post, I did some stuff a little differently this time, maybe posting it will help you 😊

On the first day the packs went live I bought the £8.99 pack that had a copy of Dixon. I didn't have him previously. The extra 2 event packs I got with this offer gave me another copy of Dixon, plus Lwaxana. Although i really wanted Georgiou I find factions give me the 'curse of the 3/4*' and that's why I buy packs, to try and get the 4* FF, not because I particularly want to try for the 5*. I also knew I'd go up (yet another) VIP level and I wanted those 20 extra slots.
    I then spent some time and chrons getting Lwaxana and Dixon levelled up. I prioritize Lwaxana as I knew I'd get extra copies throughout the event.

Then, the event starts. I do the kickstart, and I write a list (throughout the entire event) of what missions I do and what crew I use. I'm only sending federation missions, as I want film for a 2nd copy of Medic Paris, and although I try during factions my main goal is to rank high enough for those 2 extra copies of Dixon I need to FF him. I do also buy the £4.59 boost pack, because my OH did and I worried he'll beat me.....

This week, differently to normal events, I've had surgery and I was in hospital at the start of the event. As nurses were coming in every couple of hours through the night to take obs it wasn't difficult to send an extra set of shuttle's throughout the night (which I don't normally do, I like, need my sleep)

Its also worth noting I have an awesome squad leader whom is sharing a FFFE 5* Phillipa Georgiou. Therefore on Friday morning I'm sitting around rank 500. I don't take this seriously as its happened before tho, and generally over the next day or two I absolutely dive.
    So, the next night I'm not too bothered, I need sleep and rest to recover properly rather than a new 5* card and so I set overnight 9hr shuttles. So far so good. I wake up on Saturday and my rank is 645! At this point I also have more data on which of my shuttle's are failing and so I cherry pick a little more diligently. And I do run a couple of my best shuttle's with time boosts. I've had a few saved for the last 3 months.

Fast forward to the last day. im falling out of the top 1000 at an alarming rate. Its absolutely cut throat at this point. After some discussion with my fleet, i realise how much i want this bloody 5* (shes so pretty, I want her on my bridge with Killy and interfaced Large Forge) I do have dilithium saved up. So, in the space of a couple of hours I use all my remaining time boosts, I buy 3 x mid boost packs, they give me 2 x rare speed ups. I put them on the best shuttle I have (interference, with my shared crew) and speed up about 4 shuttle's. I'm too excited to write anything down altho I do take screenshots so after today I'll know exactly how much i did. I also had the luxury of sending shuttle's through the entire event as soon as they got back because I'm recovering from surgery and have nothing more pressing to do than finish series 7 of TNG.

So, to summarise (not very good at summaries, I do prefer writing half a book) I DID get my 5*, and it cost me:

1 x £8.99 offer
    1 x £4.59 offer
    800 dilithium (saved from my monthly card) which was not much more than an event pack anyway, plus I got a load of faction items too)
    5 x 5* time boosts, 2 x 4* time boosts, 20 x 3* time boosts (2 new 5* boosts from bought pack, others I had saved, majority of 3* used for kickstart) it has taught me that buying a boost pack probably isn't worth it for me, unless I buy a few and save them for something that Interests me.

So there you go. I don't have an incredibly deep crew, I've been playing 5 months. I'm not sure what happened to push me up this event, I've seen some stuff about Brofleet and I don't think it was them, they maybe pushed themselves a bit further but as players they tend to rank a lot higher than I do anyway. Seems to me that sending shuttle's the actual second they get back and loading the two best missions with your best crew is the best way to get ahead. I'd also put a lot of it down to squads shared crew. My PH ranked just outside the 1000 but his shared crew was a FFFE 5* Mirror Picard, perhaps if he'd had current event crew he'd have just managed inside the rank.

Probably, its a combination of several different factors. My final rank was 881. I was very happy. And she looks gorgeous

w6pol36t04ce.png
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Perhaps I should join this Brofleet. I’m sure this guy feels abandoned now and could use a second member, one with some firepower.

You should! Great idea! I worry about you sometimes, being all by your lonesome. Join Brofleet! The admiral is probably all lonely too 😢
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for info Frank I was a little confused, now I am not.😉🙂