Home Engineering Room
Options

Purchases Locked on Steam

[BL] PShivers[BL] PShivers ✭✭✭
edited August 2018 in Engineering Room
Today I got the Iconic Crew offer and it is locked. Playing on Steam
khb1kj61kan9.png
In all my time playing, I've never seen this before.

Comments

• Options
    this happened to me also earlier
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you restarted the game completely yet?
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I'm trying to buy it on steam and locked as well. Restarted game and Steam client. Windows 7.

Typically I would just buy with my phone on iOS, but I'm using a steam balance and it's very important that I purchase through steam.
  • Options
    Shan, any progress on this? My countdown timer is mocking me!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    wimj0cdm6g1v.jpg

It's bad enough they keep putting up useless offers week after week but this takes cake when they finally put up half decent offer that you can not purchase because it's locked LOL
  • Options
    5 hours left, DB!
  • Options
    seems to make no sense at all does it
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I've tried everything. I logged out of the app, logged out of Steam, logged back in fresh with my SteamGuard verification, disabled and enabled the overlay. I'm sorry, DB, looks like you can't take my money.

In case it helps, it's all monetary purchases:
    oj12ctedys92.jpg
  • Options
    NX9BNX9B ✭✭
    As GhostStalkers post above, on Steam I get the exact same thing. All ability to purchase Dilithium and the great offer that I'm willing to spend money on are locked. Not locked on my iPhone but I don't have access to funds on that platform. HELP...
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I verified that it was nothing I did, and that none of my purchase abilities were being blocked. Please, Shan, have they found anything? If this offer passes I'm going to be really disappointed.

My forum ID isn't my in-game ID, please Shan let me know if they can reset the timer on this offer until its working, and I'll give you my info. Thank you.
  • Options
    NX9BNX9B ✭✭
    Yep, ready to pull the trigger but can't. If this is fixed please put a 24 timer on it as I can't spend from work tomorrow. Will check in the morning before I leave.
  • Options
    NX9B wrote: »
    Yep, ready to pull the trigger but can't. If this is fixed please put a 24 timer on it as I can't spend from work tomorrow. Will check in the morning before I leave.

This can't be affecting all steam players, it seems very isolated to a few. I thought it might have been my fault, but I haven't changed anything. I have no idea what could be causing it, and apparently neither does DB.
  • Options
    Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    I'm seeing the offer locked on Steam too. This is actually a problem I get semi-regularly, but it usually goes away if I quit the game and start it up again. Not today, though.
  • Options
    Restarted several times. Still locked.
    i469s43ze7r2.png
  • Options
    I'm down to my last hour, still nothing. I mean at this point DB really shouldn't even get my money, since there's been no activity on this problem in over 5 hours. But I'm still willing to buy this offer if they fix it. Please, DB.
  • Options
    I'm locked out too (on Steam). I had this twice before. Once reboot fixed it. Another time reboot didn't, but came back and rebooted a couple hours later and fixed. However, this one seems to be a more persistent issue.
  • Options
    Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Put in a CS ticket, same problem. I am also a steam user. I wonder if the "one time only" is keeping steam from viewing it. I know I have bought this deal in the past couple of months.

I closed steam, and opened it fresh. Even did a file verification before re-opening STT

8rstyicre4nx.png
  • Options
    Shan, if you see this tomorrow and can somehow reopen the offer to us, please note that the ID attached to this username is not my current one - I will provide that information to you directly. Thank you.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am also locked out of buying either the Iconic Crew offer or the DYC on a legendary I just got — on Steam. (I'm running it on Windows 7.) Have purchased offers on Steam many times before.

Thankfully I can just switch over to my tablet instead, where (hopefully) I shouldn't have a problem.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    I had the same "Locked" issue with the 30-pack offer and with the "Double Rewards" offer when I got a 5* Augment Picard. Playing on Steam. Restarting did not help.
  • Options
    Having the same problem on Steam - for everything buyable; got the offer pack though through my FB..
  • Options
    Red SonjaRed Sonja ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I also have the same problem, also on steam, couldn't buy today's special and now my DYC is also counting down.

This is $75 you guys are missing out on today.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1461117312

D36685E1648B88C231452F4CECB5CEB1C4ADA2A6

• Options
    same problem still persisting on "Steam" despite un/re-installing and starting up - and their Support refers you back to STT support/DB. Nice little loop of No Help At All. - apart from being advised to use facebook which I really didn't want to have to rejoin. No advice for us Locked Steam Players?
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monthly card still locked.....
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Still locked - Please Shan, make this a priority today.
  • Options
    And if possible reinstate the offers people might have gotten AND timed out on in the last 24 hours.

People want to spend and you don't want their money...
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am letting the team know that this is still an issue, even after a restart.
  • Options
    @shan even after uninstalling both steam AND the game, it's a persistent issue. Steam say it's a DB issue, DB say it's a Steam issue. #pulls hair out by roots
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Adam =BSR= wrote: »
    @shan even after uninstalling both steam AND the game, it's a persistent issue. Steam say it's a DB issue, DB say it's a Steam issue. #pulls hair out by roots

Yea, I actually went so far as to try three different computers, three different IP addresses (home, work, and cell via tethering) just to eliminate a possible "locked due to suspected VPN" issue that Steam occasionally has. It's definitely not anything we're doing.

I can understand why it would be unfair to some to put that $50 offer back up for steam players only, because people who play on multiple platforms could buy it twice. I myself play on iOS as well. Why didn't I buy it on there, you ask? Because I have $50 in steam funds sitting in my account, and I'm not spending an extra $50 on iOS when that money is already allocated.

That being said, PLEASE put the offer back up on the STEAM platform! Or put it back up for everyone. Win-win, really.
  • Options
    it seems as if DB aren't that bothered with their "customers" judging by the (lack off ) response