Home The Bridge

Tourist Jadzia Dax

[KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭
edited August 2018 in The Bridge
Another 3* has been added via the event this weekend to give us more incentive to rank higher even if we don't go for top 1K. Is it worth it? Vote to give us your opinion
We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested

Tourist Jadzia Dax 132 votes

Collector Item - Doesn't fill a need for weekend cadet challenges
71%
ADM Fletcher [ET]Captain_Who[KM]VidemSSR BarkleyCaptain Durf[NDQ] Joker41NAMZombie Squirrel Captain No.9RocpileCaptain Sisko [AA][TUFG] SiguardCaptain NelsonNad HalehmigaKaitee[QH] Oxmyx[QH] He-Who-MeowsZann Calcore (ISA)eXo | SilverRose (retired)Lady Gaghgagh 94 votes
Weekend Warrior - Fills a hole and help slim down the number of 3* you keep active
15%
Rabb[SSR] The Iron CoweXo | das411 William T. RikerNeos472NS111111Hungry Dog DDMSunshineRiker[Retired] BeamMeUpScottieTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)LjofaAhab°YateballZetterbeard Castell-NeathGogusAldudesagima_JR_Lummelunda 20 votes
Other - please detail in your comments
13%
CaptainUnderpantsIvanstoneJim SteeleCommander SinclairRennJaxoDittoBrunt, FCACFOHSilverknight[FSC] Adm: GryphonDScottHewittWebberoniS14 Bri Mirror Cartman[Deleted User]Seven of One I'm a Doctor, Not a...TheVerge04guest_1000137146925056 18 votes

Comments

• WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    At this point, the 3* Jadzia is the only motivation I have to play more than threshold-and-out this event.

I could probably keep her active and retire Lursa to the freezer (Sat & Sun CMD). I may just wait for her to drop via standard pack pulls and voyages, which may not take that long, going on recent history (ie: 2* Burnham, 2* La Forge, etc...).

With a skirmish event and hybrid event looming on the horizon, is 1/5* Dax worth burning through all/most of my chrons? Call me a voyage, because I have a dilemma!
  • Other - please detail in your comments
    I'll play for her. No idea yet if she'll take the place of any of my standing weekend crew, but it's nice to have a new option and, yeah - it's Jadzia! I'm in.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Her SCI isn't good enough to justify substituting her for Saavik unfortunately, so this one's going straight to the freezer. But she'll be the final card I need to finish off my Rare collection.
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Ive got every Jadzia released this far, even the new 5 star, so she’s a must have.

Thankfully her variants have been easier to get than Picard’s.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it make a sound a little not straight that I want her just because of that awesome rainbowy shirt?

I don't care, and also, not that there is anything wrong with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGAyQAkXajg
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    I would never overly exert my resources for any 3* crew whoever it is.

I want skills with high stats of minimum 4*
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I'm still finishing the Rare collection, so winning three copies of her at once will help with that. But she won't take a spot on my weekend lineup -- Saavik currently holds both the SCI and CMD slots for my lineup, but Tourist Jadzia can only fill one slot, not two.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saavik > Tourist Jadzia for weekend cadet missions. Still worth getting if you’re a completionist, even if you’re not a very good completionist like I am.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Throw in a 2* Ezri with Med and Sec and you've got a deal!
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weekend Warrior - Fills a hole and help slim down the number of 3* you keep active
    Webberoni wrote: »

With a skirmish event and hybrid event looming on the horizon, is 1/5* Dax worth burning through all/most of my chrons? Call me a voyage, because I have a dilemma!

NO SHE IS NOT, said everybody else who is going to burn through our chrons to try to get her :D

• Collector Item - Doesn't fill a need for weekend cadet challenges
    She's nice, but Saavik better covers both Command and Science, and she's not strong enough to replace Lwaxana on Diplomacy.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta have everything and a 3/3* rank reward is low hanging fruit to begin with. I was thinking of going for Future Jadzia anyways and this is some extra incentive to not go threshold and out.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not worth the chrons and pain to go past threshold and out. In 6 months if DB updates the portal, then I'll collect and ice the otherwise useless 3*.
    Now maybe if faction events had extra cadet only shuttles . . .
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the moment she is a slot filler. Waiting with all the others to be levelled,

I don't have any of the event crew, not even Kazon Seska. This event will give me 4 or 5 new crew that need slots, and she will be a long way down the list of the ones to level. I will be getting her 3/3 without trouble, and cannot airlock her in case she does not appear again for a few months.
    Was going thresholds and out as I didn't really want a new 1/5 and I'm not struck with Jadzia Fever like most of the forum seems to be (Crusher and Kira however..)
    I also like to get as many of the achievable crew immortalised as possible however AND Future Dax is apparently another power creep card so looks like I'm shooting top 5K minimum but pushing for top 1K if it seems achievable easily.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    The quality of the artwork isn't bad, and the overall look is accurate, but, uh... that face does not belong to Terry Farrell...

t2xef8ukiw36.jpg

At least it's not quite as frightening as this:

78xxxdp8bxhh.jpg

She's an incredibly beautiful woman, that's what makes that even more displeasing to the eye. Though I suppose things could always be worse...

7nlpt0agvp7b.jpg

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
    We got Quark on Risa and now Dax on Risa. Next we need Leeta on Risa.
    jt36hbuy4ikv.jpg
    Or Bashir on Risa
    j40kzr7rtq0v.png

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    They seem to be loving their "Tourist" series of characters. In addition to the above, I fully expect:

Tourist Trip
    c1955c8a4a95fba047668b77a0907aa2.jpg

Tourist Hoshi
    a6e1a08076fc2af4cc01338066e59472--linda-park-star-trek-enterprise.jpg

and, of course, Tourist Picard
    picard.png
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think the hottest Jadzia Dax so far has been the Bell Riots version, with Lt. Cmdr and Klingon Bride a close second.
  • RennJaxo wrote: »
    Also, I just realized now that she joins the lofty ranks of those with variants at all five levels.

I'm pretty sure she's #6. I know Riker went first, then Wesley/Spock/Odo/Chakotay, but I can't think of anyone after Chakotay. Both of those last two were last September.
    Gotta have all the Jadzias
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I still think the hottest Jadzia Dax so far has been the Bell Riots version, with Lt. Cmdr and Klingon Bride a close second.

I think I'd have to agree with you there — despite that wacky outfit, her face is beautifully rendered.
    Bell_Riots_Jadzia_Dax_Head.png

And your runners-up are also good choices. I'd give an honorable mention to Princess Jadzia, as well.

Oh, and here's something I just discovered... Attn. Wiki Editors: the "J. Dax" page does not currently have Klingon Bride Jadzia on it, for some reason:
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/J._Dax

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use lieutenant saavik as she is high in command and science. Jadzia has great command but her other two skills are low.
    Let’s fly!
  • middleheadmiddlehead ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Oh, and here's something I just discovered... Attn. Wiki Editors: the "J. Dax" page does not currently have Klingon Bride Jadzia on it, for some reason:
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/J._Dax

Fixed.

That's a weird one to be missing, considering how long she's been around. I'm sure I would've added her at the time, so I kinda want to know what happened there.
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    yr49aaxt3cfl.png

She’s there for me.
    If shes cadet mission worthy. But really another 3* isn't exciting, though I'll have her immortalized by monday night ;)
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    So pretty, and I like how the final piece of the Jadzia rainbow literally is wearing a rainbow.

Puzzling that, like Bell Riots Jadzia, she is missing Astophysisist, Exobiology and Pilot traits (but Alt Future does have them...)

Maybe, since Tourist Quark lacks Bartender, Tourist characters are considered "on vacation" and don't have any profession-oriented traits?