Home The Bridge

Worst Super Rare Crew

[SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
So, how does one define the worst super rare crew, is it total core skill, voyage value, how do you compare 2 vs 3 skill crew? Of my roster, I looked at the absolute weakest crew and ranked them relative to each other (2 skills vs each other, 3 skills vs each other) and tried to create a relative ranking. Here is what I came up with as the bottom worst of the worst. What do you think, should someone else make this list instead? Should It just be a list of the 1 and 2 skill crew at the bottom?

w3l0i711sycc.png

Comments

• IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both Worf's, Sisko and Ezri shouldn't be on the list because they're main cast and will always have event value. Worf in particular since he has more appearances than any other Trek character.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    Karr in a runaway imho. you don't include max single skill base. Karr's top stat base.... 503.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karr in a runaway imho. you don't include max single skill base. Karr's top stat base.... 503.

Yikes, I didn't realize he was that bad. Was he supposed to be a Rare card originally and then they bumped him up to purple but also didn't change anything?
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Both Worf's, Sisko and Ezri shouldn't be on the list because they're main cast and will always have event value. Worf in particular since he has more appearances than any other Trek character.

On the flip side regarding worf and ezri, there are sooooo many Dax's and Worf's that I don't even unfreeze them in events because they don't make shuttles
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'd be interesting to see the collections count on them, too.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    RennJaxo wrote: »

Yikes, I didn't realize he was that bad. Was he supposed to be a Rare card originally and then they bumped him up to purple but also didn't change anything?

When I looked at him in the past, I thought he could make it to gauntlet.

But, as far as the OP question whether only two or one stat. I have to agree there are 3 stat crew that do deserve to make the bottom 10. ( off the top of my head I would say all mirror crew could make for a bottom set)

Edit: Looking at list it looks like the mirror crew who are bad are two stats.

Edit2: 3 stats Weyoun Clone 4 is usually in my freezer. My second account less room, Fencing Sulu, Chief O'Brien, Command Hologram, Lieutenant Arex Na Eth, Agent Harris, Lore.

Also I believe both accounts have three Stats mentioned by OP in cryo.
    (Except my main I have KDF Gowron, I will have to remember that when I need a slot)
  • t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    WaldoMag wrote: »

But, as far as the OP question whether only two or one stat. I have to agree there are 3 stat crew that do deserve to make the bottom 10. ( off the top of my head I would say all mirror crew could make for a bottom set)

Also, Mirror Jadzia and Mirror LaForge are actually pretty decent, Sato was at release too. All mirror is kinda harsh.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember when I leveled Mirror Ezri at one star. She wasn't even as good as a 2* cadet!
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    WaldoMag wrote: »

Also, Mirror Dax and Mirror LaForge are actually pretty decent, Sato was at release too. All mirror is kinda harsh.

Mirror La Forge has not seen my freezer same with Dax. Also add Mirtor Phlox. I keep him around for gauntlets and voyages.

I think you were right about Sato. I do believe way back when she was my top DIP.

Looking at the mirror superrare, there was the mirror mega where going into it the only one I did not have cryoed in both my accounts was Phlox.
    Now there are a few who would be hard to freeze one we did not mention was Mayweather another Leeta. But if you need room, might be forced to put La Forge and Leeta in.

Putting La Forge in reminds me of when I had to put Augment Riker and GI Chakotay in cryo. They both had been making it into gauntlets but at that time that was it. So I needed room and froze them both. Now with voyages, might be harder to Freeze Mirror La Forge, but it really comes down what you have as crew. For me right now, if I needed room I could see myself still holding Phlox but freezing La Forge.
  • if considering skills only, sure Colonel Karr is poor. But he is a +8 attack (no trigger needed) at 6seconds and has an equipment bonus of +1400 accuracy.

Go ahead and nominate a 4* who is similar, but everyone approaches arena different and is looking for certain type of crew.
  • LeshyLeshy ✭✭✭
    Colonel Karr also at least has the traits to unlock and pass quite a few locked nodes in missions.

My nominee would probably be Rogue Harry Kim.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kurn’s pretty bad, I think. I seem to recall airlocking him, anyways.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

I gotta guess he does not have Kurn. Otherwise, he would be on his list.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Along with Chapel, Gowron, and both Worfs mentioned above, he's been on my "auto-airlock" list for a while. I'll get to him when I have the crew space (which means I'll stop getting him around the same time).
    I do not have Kurn, but figure he is a good option as well. Regarding Karr, other crew with much better stats have similar ship traits (tactical Burnham).
    Is Kurn even in the portal? In a year and half of playing I’ve never seen one.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Kurn even in the portal? In a year and half of playing I’ve never seen one.

Kurn was added in the last portal update, and I've had him drop a couple times. By the time they finally added him he was outclassed by almost every other com/sec klingon.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    There is a thread that they are talking about recent drops of Kurn, when they did not have hm or just waiting on a star or two.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/10524/a-wild-theory-i-have-regarding-the-behold-issue#latest

It took a while for me to get him after portal update too.

Edit: I am now starting to think you should have two lists one for two and one stat, and the other 3 stat.
  • Don't forget to watch for collections. And the com/sec and dip/sec/com combo.

Any crew with com/sec or dip/sec/com are extremely common in the game. Therefore, people with relatively rare stat combinations like Augment Riker may be more useful than he first appears, being in two collections, having a fairly unique stat combo, and being main crew, whereas Empress Sato is in no collections, and is in the same skill gang as Dancing Chekov, Romulan Picard, Dancing Sulu and Chancellor Gowron. Duchamps, Klingon Quark and Romulan Kirk all have the same skillset but a higher voyage rating. Only Luther Sloan in that group is worse than Empress Sato.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I saw the title I instantly though Tomalok, Karr, Mirror Sisko and Chapel
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I love Uhura and the art of the card, Commander Uhura is just depressing with her stats. To me any 4* card with less than 600 in stats is just sad. So Commander Sela, Commander Dolim, Cardassian Kira, Tash, and Dr. Toby Russell also go into my naughty list.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    The specific skills matter too. I've frozen several decent 4* Cmd/Sec crew that probably wouldn't rank at the bottom of such a list, but are so buried behind other crew that a majority of players should have (ie: Mirror Picard, T'Kuvma, etc...), that they never get used in shuttles, on voyages, or in gauntlets.

I've found that adding a rank to each stat in my spreadsheet is a good way to help with my decision making. I may freeze a Cmd/Sec crew who is better than a particular Eng/??? crew, simply because of how low they rank on my skill (single skill or combo) depth chart.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

On the flip side regarding worf and ezri, there are sooooo many Dax's and Worf's that I don't even unfreeze them in events because they don't make shuttles

Well, Ezri makes the cut mostly because Dax's tend to be more diverse in their primary skills. Most Worf's are pretty similar to each other but I think its enough to keep him out of the basement at least. Defiant Worf is also a decent Gauntlet crew.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Is Kurn even in the portal? In a year and half of playing I’ve never seen one.

Kurn was added in the last portal update, and I've had him drop a couple times. By the time they finally added him he was outclassed by almost every other com/sec klingon.

And boy, are there a lot!
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    The worst 4* Gauntleters are:
    Commander Kelby (283)
    Holonovel Doctor (293)
    1701 Jadzia Dax (299)
    The Clown (303)
    Victorian Pulaski (306)
    RAF Julian Bashir (308)
    Commander Barak (315)
    Resistance Shakaar (325)
    Reinforcements Stamets (330)
    Trader Odo (341)

The bottom 10 may seem like a "normal" cutoff. However, I wasn't looking for the bottom 10. Those are all of the 4*s with a total proficiency that is actually lower than the WORST 1* Character (Maquis Chakotay at 348).
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    The specific skills matter too. I've frozen several decent 4* Cmd/Sec crew that probably wouldn't rank at the bottom of such a list, but are so buried behind other crew that a majority of players should have (ie: Mirror Picard, T'Kuvma, etc...), that they never get used in shuttles, on voyages, or in gauntlets.

I've found that adding a rank to each stat in my spreadsheet is a good way to help with my decision making. I may freeze a Cmd/Sec crew who is better than a particular Eng/??? crew, simply because of how low they rank on my skill (single skill or combo) depth chart.

I agree completely -- best and worst varies by skill. For security, thanks to Kortar, Mirror Picard, Mirror Jadzia, Robin Hood, etc., who were all winnable in events, if you don't have nearly 1k base skill in security, you're going into my freezer. With engineering, the bar is set considerably lower. But Ru'Afo will help change that. :smile:
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »

I agree completely -- best and worst varies by skill. For security, thanks to Kortar, Mirror Picard, Mirror Jadzia, Robin Hood, etc., who were all winnable in events, if you don't have nearly 1k base skill in security, you're going into my freezer. With engineering, the bar is set considerably lower. But Ru'Afo will help change that. :smile:

Agreed. I nearly froze First Goran’Agar because his base 922 (w/bonuses) COM score was just not quite enough to be worth keeping after I finally immortalized Commander Barak. (Thankfully, I kept him around because he has an extra skill Barak doesn’t and ended up saving some merits.) On the flip side, I still get regular use out of Professor Scott’s 858 base ENG and I tolerate Sybok’s 910 base diplomacy because Mintakan Troi is my only other top-15 diplomat with SCI.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The worst 4* Gauntleters are:
    Commander Kelby (283)
    Holonovel Doctor (293)
    1701 Jadzia Dax (299)
    The Clown (303)
    Victorian Pulaski (306)
    RAF Julian Bashir (308)
    Commander Barak (315)
    Resistance Shakaar (325)
    Reinforcements Stamets (330)
    Trader Odo (341)

The bottom 10 may seem like a "normal" cutoff. However, I wasn't looking for the bottom 10. Those are all of the 4*s with a total proficiency that is actually lower than the WORST 1* Character (Maquis Chakotay at 348).

Worst Gauntlet != Worst Crew

A lot of these crew are some of the best 4* for shuttles. I'm ok with crew who are very good for shuttles not having great gauntlet stats. People don't need to be the best at everything.
  • When factoring in how good or how bad a crew is I think you have to look at the following:
    • base skills
    • 2 or 3 skills
    • voyage total
    • proficiency for gauntlet
    • difficulty to build
    • ship ability
    • # of collections
    • use in events though doesn't matter if crew is that terrible

If I had to order them, probably in that order though it depends how you play the game, what's important to you, etc.

I would say the worst have to be:

1. Doctor Chapel - zero uses, including even for shuttles
    2. Commander Dolim **tsk tsk** for base, voyage, only two skills, no collections, and pretty annoying build
    3. Colonel Karr, Commander Uhurha, Captain Kurn - **tsk tsk** every which way (Kurn has ok SEC) but have very strong ship abilities. Karr is hard to build but in a collection.
    4. Mirror Sisko, Defiant Commander Worf, Mirror Ezri Tigan all **tsk tsk** for base, voyage, only two skills, no collections, and pretty annoying builds.
    5. KDF Gowron, Weyoun Clone 4 - they **tsk tsk** but at least 3 skills, and are Diplomat which is a hard collection to finish.
    6. Tomalak - **tsk tsk** bigtime, but at least counts toward two collections
    7. Lore, Lieutenant Arex Na Eth, Fencing Sulu, nothing noteworthy about them, no collections.
    8. Commander Sela, Cardassian Kira, Tash, Dr Toby Russell, all not good, have seen some event uses for Sela/Kira and decent in some gauntlets depending on the traits, and each count toward one collection.

• i just vaulted my first 4* to make room for new toons in this event, and it was Mirror Sato. There are 3*s I'm still keeping out because their skills are better than hers, in their categories. She's the first 4* that fell out of my Top 10 in any skill or type (base, prof, combined).