Home The Bridge

Worst Super Rare Crew

2»

Comments

• Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    When factoring in how good or how bad a crew is I think you have to look at the following:
    • base skills
    • 2 or 3 skills
    • voyage total
    • proficiency for gauntlet
    • difficulty to build
    • ship ability
    • # of collections
    • use in events though doesn't matter if crew is that terrible

If I had to order them, probably in that order though it depends how you play the game, what's important to you, etc.

I would say the worst have to be:

1. Doctor Chapel - zero uses, including even for shuttles
    2. Commander Dolim **Chech'tluth** for base, voyage, only two skills, no collections, and pretty annoying build
    3. Colonel Karr, Commander Uhurha, Captain Kurn - **Chech'tluth** every which way (Kurn has ok SEC) but have very strong ship abilities. Karr is hard to build but in a collection.
    4. Mirror Sisko, Defiant Commander Worf, Mirror Ezri Tigan all **Chech'tluth** for base, voyage, only two skills, no collections, and pretty annoying builds.
    5. KDF Gowron, Weyoun Clone 4 - they **Chech'tluth** but at least 3 skills, and are Diplomat which is a hard collection to finish.
    6. Tomalak - **Chech'tluth** bigtime, but at least counts toward two collections
    7. Lore, Lieutenant Arex Na Eth, Fencing Sulu, nothing noteworthy about them, no collections.
    8. Commander Sela, Cardassian Kira, Tash, Dr Toby Russell, all not good, have seen some event uses for Sela/Kira and decent in some gauntlets depending on the traits, and each count toward one collection.

I'm going to take issue with Lore. He's one of very few with the cyberneticist skill and science high enough to clear on particular node in the game.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • i just vaulted my first 4* to make room for new toons in this event, and it was Mirror Sato. There are 3*s I'm still keeping out because their skills are better than hers, in their categories. She's the first 4* that fell out of my Top 10 in any skill or type (base, prof, combined).

She was great, but they've released so many strong DIP 4* lately, she's been totally eclipsed.
  • When factoring in how good or how bad a crew is I think you have to look at the following:
    • base skills
    • 2 or 3 skills
    • voyage total
    • difficulty to build
    • ship ability
    • # of collections

If I had to order them, probably in that order though it depends how you play the game, what's important to you, etc.

2. Commander Dolim **Chech'tluth** for base, voyage, only two skills, no collections, and pretty annoying build
    3. Colonel Karr, Commander Uhurha, Captain Kurn - **Chech'tluth** every which way (Kurn has ok SEC) but have very strong ship abilities. Karr is hard to build but in a collection.
    4. Mirror Sisko, Defiant Commander Worf, Mirror Ezri Tigan all **Chech'tluth** for base, voyage, only two skills, no collections, and pretty annoying builds.
    5. KDF Gowron, Weyoun Clone 4 - they **Chech'tluth** but at least 3 skills, and are Diplomat which is a hard collection to finish.
    6. Tomalak - **Chech'tluth** bigtime, but at least counts toward two collections
    7. Lore, Lieutenant Arex Na Eth, Fencing Sulu, nothing noteworthy about them, no collections.
    8. Commander Sela, Cardassian Kira, Tash, Dr Toby Russell, all not good, have seen some event uses for Sela/Kira and decent in some gauntlets depending on the traits, and each count toward one collection.

I'm going to take issue with Lore. He's one of very few with the cyberneticist skill and science high enough to clear on particular node in the game.

Holodeck 3 Brahms has the same trait and a better SCI roll. So does Commander Maddox.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    When factoring in how good or how bad a crew is I think you have to look at the following:
    • base skills
    • 2 or 3 skills
    • voyage total
    • difficulty to build
    • ship ability
    • # of collections

If a character's only use is that he can clear a particular node in the game, I think that speaks volumes of his uselessness.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    • base skills
    • 2 or 3 skills
    • voyage total
    • difficulty to build
    • ship ability
    • # of collections

If a character's only use is that he can clear a particular node in the game, I think that speaks volumes of his uselessness.

I agree. And once the node is cleared is he needed.

Again this all depends on ones crew. They may need these bad stat crew if one is recent to the game. Lore was an event crew if I am not mistaken.

But, when you need a crew slot look at this list and pick some one from if you can.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just vaulted my first 4* to make room for new toons in this event, and it was Mirror Sato. There are 3*s I'm still keeping out because their skills are better than hers, in their categories. She's the first 4* that fell out of my Top 10 in any skill or type (base, prof, combined).

I just needed room in my 2nd account for this event too. I decided on Mirror Sato too.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    • base skills
    • 2 or 3 skills
    • voyage total
    • difficulty to build
    • ship ability
    • # of collections

There are very few characters you need for actual gameplay. When you get better crew, there are almost no 4* that you need. Given the rarity of some traits, that's a valid reason to need a crew.

Kilana has been sitting in my vault forever. She's not good enough for shuttles, gauntlet, or voyages. But she was the best DIP with Dominion trait at 4/4. So unless I got lucky and got Changeling Founder, I needed Kilana for Dominion nodes. But that's enough to make her worthwhile to me.
  • WaldoMag wrote: »
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    Karr in a runaway imho. you don't include max single skill base. Karr's top stat base.... 503.

Yikes, I didn't realize he was that bad. Was he supposed to be a Rare card originally and then they bumped him up to purple but also didn't change anything?

When I looked at him in the past, I thought he could make it to gauntlet.

But, as far as the OP question whether only two or one stat. I have to agree there are 3 stat crew that do deserve to make the bottom 10. ( off the top of my head I would say all mirror crew could make for a bottom set)

Edit: Looking at list it looks like the mirror crew who are bad are two stats.

Also, Mirror Dax and Mirror LaForge are actually pretty decent, Sato was at release too. All mirror is kinda harsh.

Mirror La Forge has not seen my freezer same with Dax. Also add Mirtor Phlox. I keep him around for gauntlets and voyages.

I think you were right about Sato. I do believe way back when she was my top DIP.

Looking at the mirror superrare, there was the mirror mega where going into it the only one I did not have cryoed in both my accounts was Phlox.
    Now there are a few who would be hard to freeze one we did not mention was Mayweather another Leeta. But if you need room, might be forced to put La Forge and Leeta in.

Putting La Forge in reminds me of when I had to put Augment Riker and GI Chakotay in cryo. They both had been making it into gauntlets but at that time that was it. So I needed room and froze them both. Now with voyages, might be harder to Freeze Mirror La Forge, but it really comes down what you have as crew. For me right now, if I needed room I could see myself still holding Phlox but freezing La Forge.

If you are freezing Mirror Dax and Mirror LaForge (and maybe even Merryweather) you have quite a crew. On the other hand, there are sooooooo many mirror crew and so many of them are bad. When are we getting Mirror Sulu!
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    It’s a tie between Mirror Sisko, Nurse Chapel, and Colonel Karr. They are all onboard the turd train.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    @Wundigore
    I did not mean to imply I was freezing them. But just if it came down to it I can see them as choices to freeze in the future.

Right now I have 17 duplicates of which 14 are FF all at level zero.
    When the last crew slot sale came I decided to buy a bunch of slots.
    Reason, I do not use dil. for packs anymore.
    With all the offers I have bought with money, I have a lot of dil. that is not being used.
    So, I went ahead and got rid of the crew crunch.
    It should be quite a while before I ever have to choose to freeze Mirror La Forge or Mirror Leeta ( I was not talking about freezing mirror Dax or Mayweather)
  • It took over a year for me to level KDF Gawron, and finally a decision to do a 225K replicator to complete the last item to get him from 90-100. Finished him this week, and shoved him in the meat locker as fast as I could!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just vaulted my first 4* to make room for new toons in this event, and it was Mirror Sato. There are 3*s I'm still keeping out because their skills are better than hers, in their categories. She's the first 4* that fell out of my Top 10 in any skill or type (base, prof, combined).

She was great, but they've released so many strong DIP 4* lately, she's been totally eclipsed.

This is absolutely true. Mirror Sato WAS some of the best 4* DIP for a while. She was the first 4* I think I immortalized back in March of 2016. And I remember getting her FF/FE and thinking, "wow over 700 diplomacy!"

Now, when I get a card that's just above 700 in a stat, say 720 (around what Sato was), I go "meh".
    Oh how times have changed.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • I have a list of my crew where I rank them on a variety of factors, such as base stats, total voyage score, total average gauntlet rolls, etc. but also on more specific criteria, such as a "best in slot" for each voyage job posting.

I've only recently started freezing any purples, but these are the ones that haven't made the cut to be on my active crew (from worst to least bad on my list):
    • Mirror Garak
    • Klingon Quark
    • Festive Lwaxana Troi
    • Commander Keras
    • The Duras Sisters
    • Commando Shran
    • Commander Sela
    • Agent Harris
    • Vic Fontaine
    • Amanda Grayson

Keep in mind that this is, of course, influenced by what I have FFFE, and who gets bumped down by my rather patchy collection of golds. If I had Doctor Chapel finished, for example, I'm sure she would top this list, instead.

But also to note: there are plenty that are worse than Sela, in my book...
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Here is an old post.

https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/56767

Looking for superrare crew above 800.
    No DIP at that time Young Khan is mentioned at 777 as the best.
    Of course not everyone had him FF. I did not have him FF.