Home The Bridge

Thot Gor

DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
I have fully equipped my Thot Gor. I have plenty of honor to cite him. Do people believe it would help this mega event to cite him up?

How likely is it that they include him in an event if I cite him?

Comments

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have slowly been working on leveling him up, but I refuse to cite him because I'm convinced they'll include him in one of the events if I do.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not wait and see if he'll be bonus crew before you spend Honor in citing him. There's no pressing need to do so now, eh?

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    His stats aren't really that great, which is why I've yet to honour him up any.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be great if DB put him into the month event somewhere.
    Let’s fly!
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data, actually he's Dominion, he's bonus crew all month.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's unlikely he's event crew. But, who knows, they've done weirder things.
  • I doubt DB will make a voyage exclusive crew an event crew
    I doubt DB will make a voyage exclusive crew an event crew

Yeah I don't see it either.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Why not wait and see if he'll be bonus crew before you spend Honor in citing him. There's no pressing need to do so now, eh?

But next week is a faction event where more crew matters.
    These voyage only crew are the most blatant and dispicable money grab Inthink I’ve ever seen in this game.

It’s not that it’s that expensive to immortalise them through citations, it’s the lack of transparency over being able to obtain them elsewhere in game in the future.

Scenario 1 - buy the 5x purple citation offers, or just spend honor earned elsewhere. You might assume that the extra stars will never be made available in pulls or otherwise and you want the crew slots back.

Scenario 2 - don’t buy more stars on the hope that DB will make them available for free/in pulls/new dilemmas later on. In the mean time they are useless and occupy crew slots.

We’re all screwed either way.

I've been considering taking up one or two of those 5x purple citation offers, but I just haven't yet. I'm still missing one of the voyage crew - Colonel Worf, the scenarios to get him just have never happened in my 8 hour voyages, I usually get part 1 but never part 2.
  • He's probably not good enough to be worth it.
  • I know i'm going against what most have said but i have over 250 immortals and 1 of them is Thot Gor. I don't use him every day but he does get used once or twice a week. So far he hasn't been all that useful this Event but i expect he'll get on a shuttle or 2 next week. For someone who doesn't have quite as deep a roster as me, i think he could be a decent addition to their crew and a viable person to spend honor on.
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have him immortalized. He's not really worth it but he's still part of the Diplomat collection and I was tight on crew space at the time anyways. He's still my 2nd best CMD assuming I don't level up my First Goran'Agar who's 2/4 right now.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These voyage only crew are the most blatant and dispicable money grab Inthink I’ve ever seen in this game.

It’s not that it’s that expensive to immortalise them through citations, it’s the lack of transparency over being able to obtain them elsewhere in game in the future.

Scenario 1 - buy the 5x purple citation offers, or just spend honor earned elsewhere. You might assume that the extra stars will never be made available in pulls or otherwise and you want the crew slots back.

Scenario 2 - don’t buy more stars on the hope that DB will make them available for free/in pulls/new dilemmas later on. In the mean time they are useless and occupy crew slots.

We’re all screwed either way.

You are so correct. Make something available to get only once, then it will cost you 54,000 honor to finish them. It is a total money grab I won’t fall for. Got the one Guinan and the Jannar and called it a day on that.

• Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not good enough to be worth it. He's only going to work for one event, this week's pure shuttle event. He'll be useless for next week's skirmish and the final weeks galaxy hybrid.

These Voyage only crew are truly a disappointment. No way to FF them w/o wasting honor, no use for them when FF.

There should have been an event that used these crew, and rewarded 3 stars. If you got them before hand, you get an advantage by leveling them, and get to finish them off. If not, you get enough to continue hunting for them, and they at some point had some game play value.

Poor implementation and blatant honor theft of what could have been a good new mechanic. DB will DB.
  • I immortalized him for this event (was going to anyway, and this event was convenient timing). And I haven't used him yet. He shows up in the top people to use for many of the craftings, but he's always behind at least two people, including at least one of these heavy hitters:

3/4 Goran'agar
    3/4 Seska
    4/4 Princess Dax

(same goes for my defrosted 4/4 Weyoun)
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not good enough to be worth it. He's only going to work for one event, this week's pure shuttle event. He'll be useless for next week's skirmish and the final weeks galaxy hybrid.

These Voyage only crew are truly a disappointment. No way to FF them w/o wasting honor, no use for them when FF.

There should have been an event that used these crew, and rewarded 3 stars. If you got them before hand, you get an advantage by leveling them, and get to finish them off. If not, you get enough to continue hunting for them, and they at some point had some game play value.

Poor implementation and blatant honor theft of what could have been a good new mechanic. DB will DB.

Hmm...although the first event after a mega is usually a re-run, perhaps they could make new events for the beginning of September and November that each use half of the voyage-only crew and nobody else. Make Colonel Worf and Fierce Guinan be the top-ranked prizes (along with legendary citations where fourth and fifth copies of the event legendary would be), with any pair of the other four as the ranked and threshold crew for each event. Event packs would include whichever three crew are in each event with a last-chance pack released in December for anyone who wasn’t able to get them FF’d during voyages or from the events. Lastly, add a new set of six voyage-only crew to be released in January.
  • Captain TJCaptain TJ ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Before, I was going to say there was a good chance he would show up since there was only 6 4/4* crew with dominion traits before this mega event, then I realized Seska doesn’t have the dominion trait.

Depending on what level you have him already or how many stars, I would level him up but only maybe cite him one additional star.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain TJ wrote: »
    Before this Mega-Event there were only 6 Dominion crew with 4*s. One of them, Weyune Clone 4 was already an existing crew in a recent event so we probably won’t see him as an existing crew in an event. SO, I would say there is a 80% chance he will show up in one of the Mega-Events.

That being said, DB usually puts the existing crew members in the 3000 and up rankings so unless he turns up as a community reward, Event Pack, or you get lucky and rank in the top 3000, you probably won’t get him. But the higher you get him . . . The more he will help. 😊

Since he’s one of the second wave of voyage exclusives I don’t think we’ll see him in an event outright. What we may see is a special Dominion pack that includes him as we saw Colonel Worf (a first wave exclusive) in one a while back.
  • mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    I'm working to FE-ing Thot Gor and if the slots for the missions work out for his stats, then will probably immortalize him but i agree with most of the comments, his stats doesnt look overly useful even with the 2x bonus

His base stats are CMD/DIP/SEC - 688/544/350. So his shuttle stats will be 1,648 (with 2x bonus). Its not bad but its middle of the road and only for CMD/DIP combination. Thot Gor is the 5th strongest for this.

Mirror Garak - 2259 (753 x3)
    First Goran'Agar 1932 (966 x2)
    Kilana - 1846 (923 x2)
    Diseased Founder - 1736 (868 x2)
    Thot Gor - 1648 (824 x2)
    Weyoune Clone - 1554 (777 x2)
    Dominion Dukat - 1530 (765 x2)

If you are a completion-ist then makes sense to immortalize Thot Gor as you can technically get all the other crew from voyages/weekly events/packs

Hope this helps

* all calculations do not account for starbase or cryo bonuses
    ** I only looked at 4* crew with DIP and CMD as primary and secondary. Ignored Changeling Founder, Changeling Bashir, Keevan and Third Remata'Klan

Just for fun, heres my event crew
    Yar - 1/5 FE Aviator Yar, FFFE Duelist Yar, FFFE Warship Yar
    3/4 FE Mirror Garak, FFFE Diseased Founder, FFFE Weyoune Clone, FFFE Dominion Dukat, 3/4 FE Changeling Bashir, 1/4 FE Thot Gor
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have airlocked Janar, The Clown, and Lucien on my 2nd account. I have Thot Gor at level 1. But I am more likely to airlock him then use honor. So he stays at level one until I make my decision. Fierce Guinan may follow, got one from achievement. Have her at level one too.

My main has the crew slots. But I have yet to get The Clown (Did pass on the choice that would give him to me once) Have not gotten Colonel Worf of Fierce Guinan on voyages.
    Have the others and achievement Fierce Guinan FE. But that is four slots used up waiting until they drop some other way.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I chose to risk it.

Thot Gor has been very useful this event.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I chose to risk it.

Thot Gor has been very useful this event.

Agreed. Between 3 citations for Thot Gor and another citation for Ross, on the heels of a citation for Ru'afo last event, it's been an expensive week for honor!
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I ever luck into a 2nd Fierce guinan (I have the one from the dilemmas achievement, not the Voyage drop), I probably would add 2 citations since 1) its only 2/4 stars and 2) Its Guinan. That said, airlocked every other one of these cash grabs
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I ever luck into a 2nd Fierce guinan (I have the one from the dilemmas achievement, not the Voyage drop), I probably would add 2 citations since 1) its only 2/4 stars and 2) Its Guinan. That said, airlocked every other one of these cash grabs

Same here.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used Honor to FF The Clown as soon as he dropped from a Voyage. He almost always makes it onto a B-team shuttle or Faction-event-Voyage for me, plus does OK in Arena/Captain.

That being said, I’m still on the fence about Thot Gor. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    When a mega-event comes out I calculate the following (considering I do not buy packs):

- 50k Honor for the 5* in week 1.
    - 18k for the Faction event 4* threshold reward (if a new crew, as was the case with Ross).
    *new* - 18k for the Skirmish 4* threshold reward (if a new crew).

In the past, I knew I'd roughly spend 68k (We All Become was the expensive exception) during a mega-event ... I base my Honor spend around that and I've managed it up till now. I'll spend 18k on Faction event threshold rewards etc. between mega, or add the odd star to a Voyage-only crew.

To be honest, I don't see voyage-only crew as the exclusive money pits others see them ... this whole game is that ... there are crew not in the portal that'll also cost you "money" to FF (hello Warship Chakotay!) ... just biding your time in the game will get you there for the crew you want to FF eventually, if you have patience.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Data, actually he's Dominion, he's bonus crew all month.

Oopsie, mental glitch — I meant to say "event crew".

In the meantime I shall have Geordi start work on repairing that cognitive malfunction immediately.

8ynnvv3xs79l.jpg

Commander. You just sit tight. We'll have this all fixed up in time for supper. :D

kjwp35z7xzue.png
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.