Home The Bridge

So why exactly are we helping the Dominion?

It has been awhile since DB gave us minimal input to the running storyline that each event generates, and this storyline of the Jem Hadar defecting to wherever, I would like to point out that I, as a player-captain, do not support returning a race back into slavery. Not playing the event doesn't change the result.

Comments

• GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    They aren't "exactly" slaves... they're also helpless addicts.

On the other hand... Obedience brings victory. Victory is life.
  • edited August 2018
    I don't really see this story line fitting in anyway. The Founders would send in the Jem'Hadar at the first sign of the Son'a tampering with their supply lines. I figure the Jem'Hadar would tear them apart. There's something to be said for soldiers who aren't afraid to die after all.

And as First Omet'iklan said:

"You think you have to use the white to ensure our loyalty. But the fact is, we are more loyal to the Founders then the Vorta ever will be. It is the reason for our existence. It is the core of our being."

Trust me, in the next event we will be rescueing the Son'a. Or what's left of them...

I believe in coincidences. Coincidences happen every day. But I don't trust coincidences.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really see this story line fitting in anyway. The Founders would send in the Jem'Hadar at the first sign of the Son'a tampering with their supply lines. I figure the Jem'Hadar would tear them apart. There's something to be said for soldiers who aren't afraid to die after all.

And as First Omet'iklan said:

"You think you have to use the white to ensure our loyalty. But the fact is, we are more loyal to the Founders then the Vorta ever will be. It is the reason for our existence. It is the core of our being."

Trust me, in the next event we will be rescueing the Son'a. Or what's left of them...

I just put it in my mind as again DB not really understanding the characters they are dealing with.
  • Oh DB understands the characters and the story in the terms they need to. That would be to not violate their contract with CBS and to get it past the approval of CBS licensing. And to get the story out in time for an event. I am not defending the stories DB has produced just understanding them in the context that they are created. This is not a novel, comic book, or a script. It is a licensed product set up via the marketing branch of a company not part of the creative department of that company. There is a much lower stranded of acceptabile in play here. Think of these as one way of calibrating the marketing departments bar for acceptable.

rboQC.jpg

vgrIj.jpg
    Sincerely,

Lilac Erosion

7TH Tactical Wing

Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license
    -Lord Wizzlestix IT
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t feel great about helping the Dominion (I supported the Hirogen in episode 8) but I am willing to withhold judgment on the story of this mega event until it is complete.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time you help the Dominion, Spot doesn't get a daily nutritional supplement.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because Dominion has a peace treaty with Federation and Sona'as are unpredictable just like Rogue Jem'Haddars when they discovered Iconian gateway.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Because we are the Federation, we are the good guys that interfere with help other cultures, including our enemies, and it is what Captain Hikaru Sulu would do without hesitation.

Heading home from near the Klingon neutral zone at impulse power would take hundreds of years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqGnAIgzUTY
  • Honestly I don’t read any of the text anymore.... don’t know why. Prob be because there are no plots at all and they are rando