Home The Bridge

Double old glories in reruns

A few weeks ago during a rerun everyone was given the chance to get Dancing Uhura, one of the "older" legendaries.
Personally I think it's a praiseworthy initiative: that way not only that most loyal players have the opportunity to increase the most obsolete cards (otherwise out of competition compared to the most recent ones), but thanks to the lower average stats of these cards the gameplay is not altered at all (in other words for the newer players who still can not reach high scores it's not an issue to give up the extra legendary).
I hope this initiative has not been an isolated move and that it will be repeated soon: there are too many legendary cards out there that are literally outmatched at 1/5 or 2/5 compared to newer counterparts, including Judge Q, Joachim, Captain Scott, Zek and many others.

My two cents 🙂

Comments

• Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. I didn't need that Uhura but I certainly appreciated it.

I have a few legends that I never use because their stats are subpar. I would jump at the opportunity to improve them with stars (acquired through thresholds).

We will see if this trend continues in the next rerun.
  • XanatharXanathar ✭✭✭
    Might I suggest Trader Worf as a good candidate. I am sad to have him fully levelled, permanently occupying a slot, but never getting used for anything. :'(
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xanathar wrote: »
    Might I suggest Trader Worf as a good candidate. I am sad to have him fully levelled, permanently occupying a slot, but never getting used for anything. :'(

Trader Worf is relatively new compared to the likes of Mirror Kirk or Captain Sisko.
  • XanatharXanathar ✭✭✭
    Trader Worf is relatively new compared to the likes of Mirror Kirk or Captain Sisko.

True, but he still **tsk tsk**.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xanathar wrote: »

You said it. My Mirror Kirk is 2/5* and completely useless. I think he was my first or second legendary crew member, and it was months before I could fully level him. While it's cool to have him, he's just taking up space from a gameplay perspective.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Changeling Founder (not the diseased version) nods approvingly.
  • Changeling Founder (not the diseased version) nods approvingly.

Yep, Legendary Changeling Founder could be a perfect injection in threshold for the last part of this mega: it suits both the requirements of being generally weak at 1/5 and being one of the older cards, and obviously being the perfect character to show up in a Dominion based event.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love this idea! I'm sure @Travis S McClain could probably confirm, but I think the next event due for a rerun could be one of:

- The Captain's Oath (Hybrid shuttle/galaxy event - Morgan Bateson was the gold)
    - Children of Apollo (Shuttle event - Goddess of Empathy was the gold)
    - The Whole Truth (Galaxy event - Grand Nagus Rom was the gold)

I would love Captain's Oath, personally - would give me a reason to level up Bateson and put a second star on him (plus I still need stars on both the of the purples - Captains Sulu and Harriman).
  • Vreenak9Vreenak9 ✭✭✭
    i have a lot of legendaries which were completle useless, but maybe if i get another star or a DYC for on of them, that could change.
    Captain Fraiser could be a good start. but not the one i'd prefer.
    "I am First Omet'iklan and i'm dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life"

VIP-Level: 14
    Fleet: [GER]StarFleet
    Immortals total: 437; 23 Legendaries; 257 Super Rare; 79 Rare; 51 Uncommon; 27 Common

Collections: Rare; Uncommen; Common; Live Long and Prosper; Do no Harm; Chain of Command; The neutral Zone; Valor in Combat; The Daystrom Award; The Eugenic Wars; Rules of Aquisition
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Needs to happen
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Love this idea! I'm sure @Travis S McClain could probably confirm, but I think the next event due for a rerun could be one of:

- The Captain's Oath (Hybrid shuttle/galaxy event - Morgan Bateson was the gold)
    - Children of Apollo (Shuttle event - Goddess of Empathy was the gold)
    - The Whole Truth (Galaxy event - Grand Nagus Rom was the gold)

I would love Captain's Oath, personally - would give me a reason to level up Bateson and put a second star on him (plus I still need stars on both the of the purples - Captains Sulu and Harriman).

The original runs:

8/26/16 "Unlikely Heroes" (Faction; this was the replacement event for "The Prime Directive" and may be excluded from the replay schedule.)

11/4/16 "Dictators, Unite!" (Faction; this was DB's way of trolling the 2016 U.S. election and has been skipped once already in the replay schedule.)

12/1/16 "Family Tree" (Galaxy; Mirror T'Pol was the 5*)

2/9/17 "The Captain's Oath" (Hybrid; none of these have been replayed yet)

2/23/17 "Children of Apollo" (Faction; likeliest of that format to be replayed next)