Home The Bridge

Layers of Offers?

Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
Bought the boost offer twice to reveal hidden underneath was a super rare citation offer that popped up once the boost offers were lifted. Now they are resorting to the onion method.

Comments

• Same. Not interested in this one.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Same here. I should have probably been getting more than two extra sets of cadet tickets for Thurs. a week. Two is not enough to compete, forcing me to buy the booster offer twice.

I only purchased after getting 4 extra sets of cadet tickets today.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't want nor need the boost offer.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    We need another person to confirm that EVERY player gets the super rare citations, I'd like to know if it's standard or random.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now three of us have confirmed. That you get the $25 citation offer after you buy the two boost offers.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You gotta go through the booster deal to get to the citation one
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »

You gotta buy it x2 also?
    ~ seeking out new life
    Capt Ajamm wrote: »
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

You gotta buy it x2 also?

Yes. I forgot that point.

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Please post if you do not get it. That would be more informative to the ones that want the citation offer.

Also anyone who then buys both citation offers, might be nice to know if there is another offer. But do no do it just for are information.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought the 2x boost, was presented with the SR citations.

Don't need em, have all 4* cards in the game frozen, but hey, why not?

Bought the SR cite offer.

Suddenly a man appeared behind me, kicked me in the shin, and laughed as he ran off with $25 of my dollars.

Waiting for another player to confirm that they too were kicked in the shins.

Was it, perhaps, an unfortunate-looking General Martok dressed as a leprechaun?
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be careful, they’re quick!

o3aaw0wyayhq.gif
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Bought the 2x boost, was presented with the SR citations.

Don't need em, have all 4* cards in the game frozen, but hey, why not?

Bought the SR cite offer.

Suddenly a man appeared behind me, kicked me in the shin, and laughed as he ran off with $25 of my dollars.

Waiting for another player to confirm that they too were kicked in the shins.

I said not to do it for our information.
    But what the heck, it's not like DB is going to stop giving us new superrare crew😉
    Edit: I hope you got your citations too and not just the kick.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note that once the boost offer times out you get the citation offer as well...
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

That is good to know for future.
  • AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭

Same here. I had the boost offers expire, I now have the citations offer
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    We seem to be getting some kind of offer Mon-Fri, which isn’t how things have been. They are popping up all the time now
  • I didn't get the boost offers (I haven't restarted for a day) but the citation offer appeared after I received the DYC for Rufie. It didn't pop up though, I just noticed it was there.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Vreenak9Vreenak9 ✭✭✭
    the time for the boost offer were up and after that the citadation offer showed up. bought neither of it.
    "I am First Omet'iklan and i'm dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life"

VIP-Level: 14
    Fleet: [GER]StarFleet
    Immortals total: 437; 23 Legendaries; 257 Super Rare; 79 Rare; 51 Uncommon; 27 Common

Collections: Rare; Uncommen; Common; Live Long and Prosper; Do no Harm; Chain of Command; The neutral Zone; Valor in Combat; The Daystrom Award; The Eugenic Wars; Rules of Aquisition
  • Vreenak9 wrote: »
    the time for the boost offer were up and after that the citadation offer showed up. bought neither of it.

Same
    ~ seeking out new life
  • We need another person to confirm that EVERY player gets the super rare citations, I'd like to know if it's standard or random.

I got the citation offer, too.

Wasn't interessted.

Funny thing - i didn't got the boost offer
  • I want a Legendary citation offer, or is this wishful thinking?
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did not buy boost offer, received citation offer at midnight. (Also did not buy)
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a Legendary citation offer, or is this wishful thinking?

I'd be down for that at the right price.
    Doubt it would be lol
  • Ignored the boosts offer, once it timed out the citations one appeared. It probably depends on what time you logged in to make the first offer pop.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems from responses, if you did not go into your account while the boost offer was up, it would time out. This happens I believe even when there is no offer following. You only have a certain time to activate the offers. I think if you activate it at the last minute you still get the 12 hours to buy it.
  • I got and ignored the boost offers. I got the citation offer anyway.

I don't think it depends on you buying anything, I think this is just more RNG.
    I got and ignored the boost offers. I got the citation offer anyway.

I don't think it depends on you buying anything, I think this is just more RNG.

Or perhaps it’s underneath the boost offer. It will pop up after you buy the two boosts OR when the boost timer runs out.

• DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Does it not raise concern with anyone that DB has been suddenly throwing more offers Mon-Fri? For quite sometime they were stingy with offers, we would only see them on Monday.

The simple answer is that they are giving the consumer what they wanted, more offers and opportunities. However it seems strange to me and a fleetmate
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it not raise concern with anyone that DB has been suddenly throwing more offers Mon-Fri? For quite sometime they were stingy with offers, we would only see them on Monday.

The simple answer is that they are giving the consumer what they wanted, more offers and opportunities. However it seems strange to me and a fleetmate

Doesn't concern me at all. Like most businesses I'm assuming they have an adaptable marketing strategy and after two years they should have plenty of data on what offers appeal to their customer base (except for starry skies, seriously, who buys those?)

They also recieve feedback via this forum, coupled with data on what offers sell and how much revenue that pulls in for them, so it makes sense to me that we would see offers targeted to our wants and needs. I also think that as the game has progressed, naturally they can increase offers. They can understand our buying habits and predict what will be the most beneficial. The 10x10 and Legendary offers for me are very worthwhile, I often buy them. I also loved the legendary in the threshold rerun after a mega, potentially they will reap a lot of DYC for that too.

Understanding their customer base is generally what I would expect from any company, and I hope it continues. A profitable game means we will all be playing for longer.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/