Home The Bridge

Layers of Offers?

2»

Comments

• GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it not raise concern with anyone that DB has been suddenly throwing more offers Mon-Fri? For quite sometime they were stingy with offers, we would only see them on Monday.

The simple answer is that they are giving the consumer what they wanted, more offers and opportunities. However it seems strange to me and a fleetmate

Doesn't concern me at all. Like most businesses I'm assuming they have an adaptable marketing strategy and after two years they should have plenty of data on what offers appeal to their customer base (except for starry skies, seriously, who buys those?)

They also recieve feedback via this forum, coupled with data on what offers sell and how much revenue that pulls in for them, so it makes sense to me that we would see offers targeted to our wants and needs. I also think that as the game has progressed, naturally they can increase offers. They can understand our buying habits and predict what will be the most beneficial. The 10x10 and Legendary offers for me are very worthwhile, I often buy them. I also loved the legendary in the threshold rerun after a mega, potentially they will reap a lot of DYC for that too.

Understanding their customer base is generally what I would expect from any company, and I hope it continues. A profitable game means we will all be playing for longer.

It's a good thing. They're finally listening to us tell them we would buy good offers if they OFFERED them. I wish they would add an offers section to the crew/honor hall/boosts section.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it not raise concern with anyone that DB has been suddenly throwing more offers Mon-Fri? For quite sometime they were stingy with offers, we would only see them on Monday.

The simple answer is that they are giving the consumer what they wanted, more offers and opportunities. However it seems strange to me and a fleetmate

Doesn't concern me at all. Like most businesses I'm assuming they have an adaptable marketing strategy and after two years they should have plenty of data on what offers appeal to their customer base (except for starry skies, seriously, who buys those?)

They also recieve feedback via this forum, coupled with data on what offers sell and how much revenue that pulls in for them, so it makes sense to me that we would see offers targeted to our wants and needs. I also think that as the game has progressed, naturally they can increase offers. They can understand our buying habits and predict what will be the most beneficial. The 10x10 and Legendary offers for me are very worthwhile, I often buy them. I also loved the legendary in the threshold rerun after a mega, potentially they will reap a lot of DYC for that too.

Understanding their customer base is generally what I would expect from any company, and I hope it continues. A profitable game means we will all be playing for longer.

It's a good thing. They're finally listening to us tell them we would buy good offers if they OFFERED them. I wish they would add an offers section to the crew/honor hall/boosts section.

It could be good or bad. Mobile games tend to start offering a lot of very good deals at a pretty good pace as they hit the end of their life cycle to try to get as much money from the consumer as they can before shutting down. I don’t think that’s what’s happening here because Star Trek seems to be a lucrative enough license, but it’s always something to keep in mind.

• cptrioscptrios ✭✭✭
    Hmm I got the SR Citations offer after the boost offers expired, and I didn't buy any of them. I'd probably pick up the citations if the price were $10, though...
  • To be fair to DB I don't think they're doing the onion method. I bought neither offer and had both offered to me. I think the offers might've been on different timers. This could've been said early on in the thread but I have not read through it.
  • Did it.. Got it...Used it. Don't regret it. Do it again 1qjz0dlh6uel.gif
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the game debut being near the end of the new content lull (we can call those the dark times lol) Discovery being a success and continuing.. the new JLP show confirmed and even more shows on the horizon, Db would have to screw up pretty hard to bring the game down while the content it is based on is experiencing a revitalization.

I wouldn't see this as an EOL issue until they layoff half their staff and stop generating new episodes.. oh wait..
    Sooo.. we have till next week, spend your honor everyone ! Lol (kidding !). (In poor taste, but still kidding). :)

I think the extra deals are a great thing.
    I think they should be shooting them out often.
    I won't be buying them all.. but I still think they should be there for those odd times I do have a couple extra bucks or I'm having a horrible day and need something diverting and fun to help pick things back up.

Keep up the mostly good with db :)